World Cup Qatar

Bris Vegas

1 hour ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I can see a breakaway in the future, UEFA and FIFA don't get along, The powerbase for football is Europe in the main, UEFA need to call their bluff, FIFA would be then a toothless Tiger a roar but no bite.

Watch this space.

11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I've always wondered about this as a possibility, I guess it will come down to a power struggle as to who calls the strings. ATM it's 'international' money, but would UEFA do a Prem on FIFA? 

There have been stories this morning about Denmark and England considering a breakaway. Would presumably need more support but clearly not out of the question.

28 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

There have been stories this morning about Denmark and England considering a breakaway. Would presumably need more support but clearly not out of the question.

Pretty sure under Platini there were rumblings of a power struggle as this was where the money was with EU competitions, Platini accepted £1.7m in advisory payments(not bribes)as this was thrown out at court the other month in Switzerland.

Not sure if UEFA get money from FIFA ?‍♀️if so this could be the stumbling block, But if they do get the go ahead from EU Countries and that would be a monumental decision to get all on board then I can see a football war in the courts where the only winner are the Lawyers. 

2 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I can see a breakaway in the future, UEFA and FIFA don't get along, The powerbase for football is Europe in the main, UEFA need to call their bluff, FIFA would be then a toothless Tiger a roar but no bite.

Watch this space.

UEFA is by far the most powerful of the confederations. All of the most watched leagues and all of the biggest club sides are in Europe. 11 of the top 15 in Fifas rankings are European sides. UEFA has a lot of power and I hope they use it to either make some drastic changes within FIFA or alternatively just leave the organisation entirely.

1 hour ago, GenBr said:

UEFA is by far the most powerful of the confederations. All of the most watched leagues and all of the biggest club sides are in Europe. 11 of the top 15 in Fifas rankings are European sides. UEFA has a lot of power and I hope they use it to either make some drastic changes within FIFA or alternatively just leave the organisation entirely.

UEFA also get the most spots at the World Cup. 13 teams from 55 members

CONMEBOL (South America) get 5 teams from 10 members

AFC (Asia) get 5 teams from 47 members

CONCACAF (North America) get 4 teams from 41 members

CAF (Africa) get 5 teams from 54 members

OFC (Oceania) don't get any guaranteed spots from 13 members

So yes - it's definitely all a money/power thing, based on the size/wealth of the national football associations in each geography

29 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

UEFA also get the most spots at the World Cup. 13 teams from 55 members

CONMEBOL (South America) get 5 teams from 10 members

AFC (Asia) get 5 teams from 47 members

CONCACAF (North America) get 4 teams from 41 members

CAF (Africa) get 5 teams from 54 members

OFC (Oceania) don't get any guaranteed spots from 13 members

So yes - it's definitely all a money/power thing, based on the size/wealth of the national football associations in each geography

But when it comes down to the powerbase who gets the votes proportionally in FIFA?

5 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Watch this space.

UEFA just need to take a leaf out of the big European clubs who have been squeezing UEFA with the CL. A world cup without top European nations would be pointless