Rams v Preston Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

12 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

If Reading had won we’d be 8 points behind them, 8 points from safety with us having 6 games to play and them having 7 and level on points with Barnsley who would also still have their game in hand.

If Barnsley had won we’d be 3 points behind them AND 5 points behind Reading with both of them holding a game in hand.

We gained 2 more points than both of them today, I see that as a positive in this hugely improbable scenario ??‍♂️ 

that's exactly what i said?

16 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Completely agree. Was leading with his knees, that’s not a red. But not surprised it was given 

No idea how you and @RoyMac5are using those images to support the idea it definitely wasn't a red?!

He slid in, out of control, with his studs showing and caught him block-tackle style just below the knee whilst he was stood still. So It's a red card all day long nowadays. 

Yeh, it looked worse than it probably was, Max's a nice lad, the player made a meal of it, refs are inconsistent, the ref wanted to even things up, impact wasn't too firm etc etc etc...but let's be honest, that's generally a red card in the modern game.

12 minutes ago, ImARam2 said:

Have you noticed from the above clip, that at least three Derby players were having their shirts held, and at one brief point a Preston player had his arm across Beilek's throat!!

And look how high Curtis gets to put in the header - he looks as if he's another 3 feet higher than anyone else

Need him on the end of some of those Byrne crosses…..

33 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

No idea how you and @RoyMac5are using those images to support the idea it definitely wasn't a red?!

He slid in, out of control, with his studs showing and caught him block-tackle style just below the knee whilst he was stood still. So It's a red card all day long nowadays. 

Yeh, it looked worse than it probably was, Max's a nice lad, the player made a meal of it, refs are inconsistent, the ref wanted to even things up, impact wasn't too firm etc etc etc...but let's be honest, that's generally a red card in the modern game.

His studs weren't showing towards the player - and he didn't connect with them, he slid into the player. Not a red for me, but it was obvious the ref was looking to even things up. It helped the ref when their player triple salko'd, ffs what a joker!

Edited by RoyMac5

19 hours ago, ram59 said:

This view clearly shows studs up, shin high, I'm afraid.

16489341189886357690627676799767.jpg

@RoyMac5 what do you make of that view?

PS obviously that pic is blurred but that angle/view was similar to the one on the highlights show last night and it's clear that he was out of control with his studs up.

Anyway ...Good to see you back posting and getting under my skin ?

Edited by Chester40

1 minute ago, Chester40 said:

@RoyMac5 what do you make of that viewed?

Have you watch the video from which the pix were taken? That view is a blur.

Look at his knee, his foot faces down.

image.png.f730d5f86832aef0c064b76b87d6a5a8.png

Look how his legs are bent:

image.png.d7d90dbe02d78320d1b8cd9f07b14cc4.png

Studs not on show:

image.png.6a1348870192b62a91f24ebc95e005ee.png

Being stamped on isn't he?!

image.png.5a5860b009dad9dbc1abccddc7c6d8b5.png

It was clumsy and an easy 'make up call' for the ref if he had doubts about the first red card.

19 hours ago, ram59 said:

Bird's challenge was stupid and bad, Rooney must have told them not to give the ref a chance to even it up and it was a dangerous tackle. Also, a few thousand Derby fans, myself included, saying "ooh", must have helped the ref make up his mind.

This view clearly shows studs up, shin high, I'm afraid.

16489341189886357690627676799767.jpg

Sorry my photo was blurred, I used my phone to take a zoomed in photo of a 'pause'  in the Quest's coverage of the game. But in my opinion it still shows Bird's sole of his boot making contact with the player's right shin. Fortunately for the player, he was standing on his other leg at the time, had Bird had made contact with his standing leg, I think that we could have been talking about a serious injury.

I think it was the jumping/sliding in against a player who was upright, plus the over-reaction of both the "victim" and his team-mates and the referee's inevitable (often unconscious) desire to even things up, that led to the decision. I thought it was fair at the time, and I doubt the ref would have much trouble justifying it to any appeal, but on another day, perhaps in the first 15 minutes of a game, and for any team other than DCFC 21/22......

I doubt Rooney will appeal if it risks any additional suspension for Max, but we're going to miss him, That said, if Rooney goes "bold" and sticks Knight alongside Bielik, plays Malc, Rav and Tom supporting Plange, it might even work out in our favour.

2 hours ago, Chester40 said:

It might be worth asking Kamil Joswiak about the definition of a red card offence.