House Party in Chadd, and memories of the Hardmen of the area.

DarkFruitsRam7

47 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

What's he doing in Africa...Chad, Ex Chadd lad me ?

Just now, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Just used my new moderating powers to change it!

Well, I've been here since 1980, and still here (42 years and counting).  Previous to that, my only other address (18 years born & bred) was just over the border in Breadsall Estate.  

It's always been Chad to me.

Either you revert the title back to it's original form, or it's clear you have favourites... and that's frowned upon when mods are meant to remain neutral!  ?

11 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Well, I've been here since 1980, and still here (42 years and counting).  Previous to that, my only other address (18 years born & bred) was just over the border in Breadsall Estate.  

It's always been Chad to me.

Either you revert the title back to it's original form, or it's clear you have favourites... and that's frowned upon when mods are meant to remain neutral!  ?

Ah a foreigner from the Breadsall Estate...say no more, There's nowt like going up market from Breadsall to Chadd ?

Just a little footnate, You'd have heard of the Bradys, Millwards and Parkers, They were all Chadd lads, I grew up with them, Not Billy Parker or Alan Millward as they're older than myself, But the younger set I knew.

Edited by Unlucky Alf

13 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Ah a foreigner from the Breadsall Estate...say no more, There's nowt like going up market from Breadsall to Chadd ?

Just a little footnate, You'd have heard of the Bradys, Millwards and Parkers, They were all Chadd lads, I grew up with them, Not Billy Parker or Alan Millward as they're older than myself, But the younger set I knew.

I know of the clan names, but they weren't in my social circle!  ?

One of the Millwards turned up at our school in our year, (the first name escapes me?).  (Not sure if he'd only recently moved onto our estate?) but the family rep preceded him, and we soon learned not to go upsetting him... so I didn't!  ?

Didn't have any dealings with any of the others... but was aware of the surnames!  ?

6 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I know of the clan names, but they weren't in my social circle!  ?

One of the Millwards turned up at our school in our year, (the first name escapes me?).  (Not sure if he'd only recently moved onto our estate?) but the family rep preceded him, and we soon learned not to go upsetting him... so I didn't!  ?

Didn't have any dealings with any of the others... but was aware of the surnames!  ?

Yes all from around Sussex circus way/Perth Street area, The 3 Millwards I knew were, Alan, Phil and Ian, By your 18/42 years of living in Breadsall and Chad ? i'm guessing your circa 60ish, So Ian would be in your year, If him you'd have been alright as he was the runt of the family, Lived of the others Rep.

1 hour ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Do you know Jo and his late wife Ann.

Just now, Kathcairns said:

1 hour ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I think Billy Parker originated from the old west end.

2 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

If this is Jo Millward no I didn't know him Kath, I'm now going right back into my memory, There was one Millward that...shall I say certainly didn't fit into the "clan mantra" a disapointment to the other brothers ?

9 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

I think Billy Parker originated from the old west end.

If still alive he'd be 75ish now, Only ever spoke to him a couple of times, That would be in the Tiger Bar in town after a Derby game.

PS

We'd all better be carefull as soon enough we'll be posting old pictures I Can Handle It Screen Media Films GIF

40 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Yes all from around Sussex circus way/Perth Street area, The 3 Millwards I knew were, Alan, Phil and Ian, By your 18/42 years of living in Breadsall and Chad ? i'm guessing your circa 60ish, So Ian would be in your year, If him you'd have been alright as he was the runt of the family, Lived of the others Rep.

When i was in my prime,? Alan worked as a doorman at the disco's, don't think we called them bouncers then.??

Just now, Kathcairns said:

When i was in my prime,? Alan worked as a doorman at the disco's, don't think we called them bouncers then.??

Got shot in the Knees at the top of those steep stairs in Clouds on London Road by some Hells Angels from Long Eaton

5 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

If this is Jo Millward no I didn't know him Kath, I'm now going right back into my memory, There was one Millward that...shall I say certainly didn't fit into the "clan mantra" a disapointment to the other brothers ?

Jo and Ann were a smashing couple, regulars in the rocket.