House Party in Chadd, and memories of the Hardmen of the area.

DarkFruitsRam7

2 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Born '63.  Spent all my childhood just off the bottom of Scabby Rise.

Did Beaufort School (Hampshire Rd, not Beaufort St) for both infants & Juniors.  Left '74.

Darwin for 3 years ('74 to '77)

Last 2 years at Cav.  Left '79.

Does that make you my dinner lady, at any stage?  ?

Im not quite that old,?? i went to school at henry cav. It had only been up 2 or 3 years then.

48 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

Were they at high view.

31 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

They didnt go to beaufort scool did they.

No they went to breadsall hilltop 

I went to Beaufort/Darwin/Henry cavendish 

parents lived bottom end of Scarborough rise

6 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Born '63.  Spent all my childhood just off the bottom of Scabby Rise.

Did Beaufort School (Hampshire Rd, not Beaufort St) for both infants & Juniors.  Left '74.

Darwin for 3 years ('74 to '77)

Last 2 years at Cav.  Left '79.

Does that make you my dinner lady, at any stage?  ?

Ive lived on coniston for 54 years.

1 minute ago, Kathcairns said:

Im not quite that old,?? i went to school at henry cav. It had only been up 2 or 3 years then.

I'm getting muddled!  Apologies for the age mix up! No offence meant! ?

Now... Hang on... My dear departed next-one-up sister did all 5 years at Darwin.  I believe hers was the last year to do so, before the change to fully comp.  (She was 3 years older than me, so would have ended school in '76... maybe '77, as her birthday was October?)
I thought at that stage, Henry Cav was only for boys that passed the 11+, and the lasses went elsewhere? (Other sis (6 years older than me) went to Parkfield Cedars, as she was brighter!).  Pretty sure eldest sis (9 years older than me) did Darwin (So presume another 11+ failure?).

I presume I have that wrong about boys only then?  Maybe middle sis had a choice, and chose Parkfields over Cav?  ?‍♂️

By the time I left Juniors, it was either Darwin or Derwent for 3 years, then all merge at Henry Cav for the last 2 years.

?

13 minutes ago, Henrycav81 said:

No they went to breadsall hilltop 

I went to Beaufort/Darwin/Henry cavendish 

parents lived bottom end of Scarborough rise

Have we already spoke on here, and established we know each other?  (Your username is confusing me!)  ?

4 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I'm getting muddled!  Apologies for the age mix up! No offence meant! ?

Now... Hang on... My dear departed next-one-up sister did all 5 years at Darwin.  I believe hers was the last year to do so, before the change to fully comp.  (She was 3 years older than me, so would have ended school in '76... maybe '77, as her birthday was October?)
I thought at that stage, Henry Cav was only for boys that passed the 11+, and the lasses went elsewhere? (Other sis (6 years older than me) went to Parkfield Cedars, as she was brighter!).  Pretty sure eldest sis (9 years older than me) did Darwin (So presume another 11+ failure?).

I presume I have that wrong about boys only then?  Maybe middle sis had a choice, and chose Parkfields over Cav?  ?‍♂️

By the time I left Juniors, it was either Darwin or Derwent for 3 years, then all merge at Henry Cav for the last 2 years.

?

It was only for boys when it was on darley park, but when they built the new one girls went there as well. It was classed as e technical school, you passed your 11plus but not as many marks as the grammer schools. At that time it was one of the few mixed schools, i had the choice of going there or noel baker which was classed the same. Your sister would have had the choice of parkfields or homelands.

13 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Have we already spoke on here, and established we know each other?  (Your username is confusing me!)  ?

Yeah we’ve spoken 

we used to play football on the green near your parents 

I was mates with and same year as granty

we used to go to away games on the felix that picked up at the Wilmot arms in chad

I once got attacked in toilets of mcklusys cos I was from Chad and they were from allenton it tickled and only thing bothered me was they spilt my drink oh n fact my mate walked in saw wat happening and walked out but i was proud to be from Chad for the 3 yrs I lived there now live long eaton don't know wat worse haha 

7 hours ago, Henrycav81 said:

Yeah we’ve spoken 

we used to play football on the green near your parents 

I was mates with and same year as granty

we used to go to away games on the felix that picked up at the Wilmot arms in chad

Good!  Then I know who you are.  I recall the posts, but wasn't sure if you were the same username, or another one.  ???

7 hours ago, Kathcairns said:

It was only for boys when it was on darley park, but when they built the new one girls went there as well. It was classed as e technical school, you passed your 11plus but not as many marks as the grammer schools. At that time it was one of the few mixed schools, i had the choice of going there or noel baker which was classed the same. Your sister would have had the choice of parkfields or homelands.

Thanks @Kathcairns.  ?

Now the mention of a school at Derley Park has really thrown me.  I wasn't aware that was ever a thing!  ?

... And no... I'm not asking for the details.  I'll leave you in peace now!  ?

??  

12 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Two others in Chadd I remember are the John F Kennedy- which has a picture in the JFK museum in Boston and The Kingfisher which I believe shut in the last few years.

My 1st house when married was round the corner from the JFK...Carson Road, I only went in a few times as the Beau Brummel was my local, Again The Kingfisher just a few times, It was the Father in Laws local, Both pubs long since gone

10 hours ago, Kathcairns said:

I went to Homelands when my father had been posted back to the UK (Army) it was like a war zone. We then went to live in Chad and I went to Henry Cavendish, not surprised they changed its name. Having just moved back to chad (you can guess the reasons) I think it has improved and doesn't deserve the reputation it once had

12 hours ago, Wistaston Ram said:

The Rhino has gone?  Remember watching the Sheff Weds FAC game in there in 1993. The place went mental when Shane Nicholson scored. 

Yes, Years ago, There was a little demonstration against it's closure, The local loon climbed on the roof and refused to get down, The Old Bill left him there, He came down eventually ?