House Party in Chadd, and memories of the Hardmen of the area.

DarkFruitsRam7

3 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

Winnie Austin lived in a furniture removal lorry on hill street ar that time. My father in law said she was a beauty.when young till the drink got her.

Her and Bokka Wright on the old bus station...Bokka would say...ay up are kid av you a tanner for a cuppa, Never saw him or her sober

3 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Her and Bokka Wright on the old bus station...Bokka would say...ay up are kid av you a tanner for a cuppa, Never saw him or her sober

I was (am) a bit of a wimp.  I used to catch the 27 Scabby Rise from the Council House, just to avoid them both!  ?

3 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Her husband was ron bradbury, they used to sit on the window ledges of the old postoffice, there were some characters in those days.Cattlemarket Kate,pigeon percy and puffing billy, my mother in law told me about him.

3 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I was (am) a bit of a wimp.  I used to catch the 27 Scabby Rise from the Council House, just to avoid them both!  ?

When i was about 16, was walking past them with my mate and my mate was looking at them and winnie got up and chased her down victoria street saying she was eying ron up.??

1 minute ago, Kathcairns said:

When i was about 16, was walking past them with my mate and my mate was looking at them and winnie got up and chased her down victoria street saying she was eying ron up.??

Ignore!  I missed your previous post!  

Edited by Mucker1884

1 minute ago, Mucker1884 said:

Posh End!

Might have known!  ?

Yes all streets have USA names, Built in the 50s, I was down there today for a mooch round, Aldi, Lidl, Tesco fuel station, Small shops opposite, Walked across the park passed the old Wilmot Arms down Regginald road South and North...My Chadd has changed.

Trenton Green strictly for the upper working class ?

53 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I once cycled to the end of Beaufort St, stuck my arm out to turn left, and the bar stewards nicked my watch!

Those coats ain't cheap.  They did right keepin' em on!  ?

This did actually happen to my mate at the bottom of Beaufort street.  Window down, arm leaning on the edge and some lad cycled past and grabbed his arm and pulled the watch off.