House Party in Chadd, and memories of the Hardmen of the area.

DarkFruitsRam7

6 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

If still alive he'd be 75ish now, Only ever spoke to him a couple of times, That would be in the Tiger Bar in town after a Derby game.

PS

We'd all better be carefull as soon enough we'll be posting old pictures I Can Handle It Screen Media Films GIF

In the early 60's he was known in Derby as a hard man, not many messed with him, i only knew him by sight and reputation.

48 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Yes all from around Sussex circus way/Perth Street area, The 3 Millwards I knew were, Alan, Phil and Ian, By your 18/42 years of living in Breadsall and Chad ? i'm guessing your circa 60ish, So Ian would be in your year, If him you'd have been alright as he was the runt of the family, Lived of the others Rep.

Yeah.  Just turned 59. 
Ian rings a bell, as it matches mine (first name).

Now you mention it, I think he was once referred to as a runt... but probably only the once!   ?

??

3 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

The Rocket, The Penguin, The Rhino drank in them all, Now all gone, The estate pubs are dwindling fast ?

The young ones don't want the estate pubs nowadays. My husband lived on morley estate when we met, so we always drank in the pubs on ashbourne road and the west end. Every sat we had lockins and singing to someone playing the piano.??

Just now, Kathcairns said:

The young ones don't want the estate pubs nowadays. My husband lived on morley estate when we met, so we always drank in the pubs on ashbourne road and the west end. Every sat we had lockins and singing to someone playing the piano.??

The Ram, The Woodlark, The Hollybush, Brick and Tile, New Zealand Arms add them to the list ?

I worked with an old Westender...Frank Stoker lived on Peel Street his Brother Tommy was the Blacksmith on Nun Street, I would listen to all his storys from back in the 40s and 50s, Including the 2 Jones boys Albert and George?

5 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

The Ram, The Woodlark, The Hollybush, Brick and Tile, New Zealand Arms add them to the list ?

I worked with an old Westender...Frank Stoker lived on Peel Street his Brother Tommy was the Blacksmith on Nun Street, I would listen to all his storys from back in the 40s and 50s, Including the 2 Jones boys Albert and George?

My husband knew them,but his eldest brother mostly. He was born in hill street and they lived roundabout, also the Woodwards.

9 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Winnie Austin lived in a furniture removal lorry on hill street ar that time. My father in law said she was a beauty.when young till the drink got her.

Just now, Kathcairns said:

My husband knew them,but his eldest brother mostly. He was born in hill street and they lived roundabout, also the Woodwards.

Tommy?, A huge fella who never drank...so Frank said, Many a time in the Ram people would be thrown through the windows, And that was just the Women