House Party in Chadd, and memories of the Hardmen of the area.

DarkFruitsRam7

11 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Born '63.  Spent all my childhood just off the bottom of Scabby Rise.

Did Beaufort School (Hampshire Rd, not Beaufort St) for both infants & Juniors.  Left '74.

Darwin for 3 years ('74 to '77)

Last 2 years at Cav.  Left '79.

Does that make you my dinner lady, at any stage?  ?

interesting, I left Henry Cav in 79...small world 

12 hours ago, i-Ram said:

I do really hope old Alf and Kath can hook up off this forum. They seem made for each other. Come on Alf, ask the lady out. 

Kath has a classic car that's she loves.

Me, I had one carefull owner for 39 years, She ran it well, But the car would sometimes play up so she left it in the garage and found a new car.

Being in the garage is good fun, The car can do as it pleases, Comes and goes when it wants, Holidays, Pubs, Football you name it and it will just go at a minutes notice.

There were 5 prospective new owners who had a sale or return policy, The 1st one she was a screamer when driving, I couldn't be doing with all that noise, 2nd was a drink driver, Always drinking even when cooking she'd have a glass of Sambuka in her hand, And spare bottles in the cupboard, 3rd always wanted to take the car out, The car rarely got a chance to re charge it's batteries, As it was getting older it needed to rest, 4th was a Lady who was always buying new parts when they weren't wanted, The car doesn't like to be fussed over, Just likes to go at the same pace.

5, She was great, Unfortunately it was during Covid, She never got to take the car out only saw pictures from the internet, She called it off as she was experiencing discomfort in her back and wouldn't be able to sit in the car, She has a beautifull Welsh accent, Her own home in Bolsover, Then out of the blue last October she sent me an invite to her home for Tea and a chat, I went and she really enjoyed the car, Told me that her back has had an opperation and she thinks with time she'll be able to get in the car, We saw each other several times, But then...There's only really one thing I fear...heights, Flying in planes I hate, Tall buildings also, But there was a fear that was stronger than that...Love, I was heading that way, There was no bedroom activity, We just got on so well, But it's that space in the back of your mind that isn't too sure, I couldn't give 100% to the relationship, So called it off.

This car will now become over the years a classic barn find, Dusty, Still with all things working maybe except for the Gear Stick, That maybe just maybe as time goes on, She'll open those heavy barn doors and find a beauty...who knows ?‍♂️

34 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

interesting, I left Henry Cav in 79...small world 

I went out with a girl that went to Henry Cavindish, Elaine Peteson, She lived in Mackworth tho ?‍♂️ Farringdon Close, Think I met her at Saint Philips youth club up the road from the Penguin pub, She was still at school, I'd just left.

Amazing how this thread has kicked my memory in ?

55 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Kath has a classic car that's she loves.

Me, I had one carefull owner for 39 years, She ran it well, But the car would sometimes play up so she left it in the garage and found a new car.

Being in the garage is good fun, The car can do as it pleases, Comes and goes when it wants, Holidays, Pubs, Football you name it and it will just go at a minutes notice.

There were 5 prospective new owners who had a sale or return policy, The 1st one she was a screamer when driving, I couldn't be doing with all that noise, 2nd was a drink driver, Always drinking even when cooking she'd have a glass of Sambuka in her hand, And spare bottles in the cupboard, 3rd always wanted to take the car out, The car rarely got a chance to re charge it's batteries, As it was getting older it needed to rest, 4th was a Lady who was always buying new parts when they weren't wanted, The car doesn't like to be fussed over, Just likes to go at the same pace.

5, She was great, Unfortunately it was during Covid, She never got to take the car out only saw pictures from the internet, She called it off as she was experiencing discomfort in her back and wouldn't be able to sit in the car, She has a beautifull Welsh accent, Her own home in Bolsover, Then out of the blue last October she sent me an invite to her home for Tea and a chat, I went and she really enjoyed the car, Told me that her back has had an opperation and she thinks with time she'll be able to get in the car, We saw each other several times, But then...There's only really one thing I fear...heights, Flying in planes I hate, Tall buildings also, But there was a fear that was stronger than that...Love, I was heading that way, There was no bedroom activity, We just got on so well, But it's that space in the back of your mind that isn't too sure, I couldn't give 100% to the relationship, So called it off.

This car will now become over the years a classic barn find, Dusty, Still with all things working maybe except for the Gear Stick, That maybe just maybe as time goes on, She'll open those heavy barn doors and find a beauty...who knows ?‍♂️

Sounds like it's best to just give it a polish at weekends for now. ?

14 hours ago, Woodley Ram said:

Lincolnshire and before that Germany, we are from Derby but my father was in the Army 

Not my Father but my Uncle Karl that's him on the left, He was in the German Army during WW2, What German rank did your Father get to?

image.thumb.png.792a411dd11723430a6e6491611520b9.png