How It All Went Wrong At Derby County Explained

Inverurie Ram

8 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Stopped watching at 00:58:

"... Meanwhile, supporters were recently issued a warning, following allegations of abuse and personal attacks directed at the club's administrators..."

Calling BS, until someone put's me right!  ?‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

"... Meanwhile, supporters were recently issued a warning, following allegations of abuse and personal attacks directed at the club's administrators..."

It was in one of Quantuma's written responses to a q&a.

2 minutes ago, Rev said:

It was in one of Quantuma's written responses to a q&a.

A warning?  To supporters?  

It didn't reach me, and I assume I am on some sort of list of supporters, that they will have access to?  

First I've heard of this.  How recent was it?  It doesn't appear they did a very good job of "getting their message out there"!

Anyway, I'll take back my BS call.  Apologise to the commentator, and thank yourself, for putting me right!  ???

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

A warning?  To supporters?  

It didn't reach me, and I assume I am on some sort of list of supporters, that they will have access to?  

First I've heard of this.  How recent was it?  It doesn't appear they did a very good job of "getting their message out there"!

Anyway, I'll take back my BS call.  Apologise to the commentator, and thank yourself, for putting me right!  ???

You were probably on a remote moorland, in a tent, when the message went out, under 10ft of snow, with only molten snow for fluid, and a Kendal mint cake for sustenance. 

Living off grid, a lone wolf ready to strike at a moment's notice.

If only they could find you, they'd have messaged you, but if they could find you, they'd be dead by now.

Probably.

20 minutes ago, Rev said:

You were probably on a remote moorland, in a tent, when the message went out, under 10ft of snow, with only molten snow for fluid, and a Kendal mint cake for sustenance. 

Living off grid, a lone wolf ready to strike at a moment's notice.

If only they could find you, they'd have messaged you, but if they could find you, they'd be dead by now.

Probably.

Yes!  Yes.  Of Course!  Precisely this... except it was 10ft 4" of snow... and I was down my last square of KMC... 9 days that last piece lasted.  Wouldn't be here to tell the story now, if it wasn't for that last piece of KMC, I can tell you!

You are a wise and noble man, sir!  So thank you once again.

Now let's not hear another word on the matter!  T'was most traumatic!   ??

I'd argue it went wrong when we replaced hardworking, grounded players who gave a poo from the 13/14 season with overrated, overpriced crap who didn't fit into a system we had set upon playing 

Add that to the manager merry go rounds, a arrogant chairman who believed he could buy us to glory and stories about Butterfield missus toes, Drones, Thornes continued injury layoffs, selling our star players for peanuts (Hughes, Ince, Vydra...) and replacing them with dogshite and then the whole FFp drama.

It's been a circus since 2014 when DCFC is concerned.

Edited by Papahet

3 hours ago, Papahet said:

I'd argue it went wrong when we replaced hardworking, grounded players who gave a poo from the 13/14 season with overrated, overpriced crap who didn't fit into a system we had set upon playing 

Add that to the manager merry go rounds, a arrogant chairman who believed he could buy us to glory and stories about Butterfield missus toes, Drones, Thornes continued injury layoffs, selling our star players for peanuts (Hughes, Ince, Vydra...) and replacing them with dogshite and then the whole FFp drama.

Spending big on players who were no better than the players we had was "not sound or sustainable policy"

6 hours ago, Papahet said:

Spot on.

Recruitment is the most important aspect of a football club’s success. And it doesn’t matter if you are Derby County or Barcelona, you will suffer if you spend ridiculous fees and vast wages on players who don’t improve you.

Buy them young, sell them high, invest again. The principle is so simple.

But Derby opted to spent big on ageing players with big contracts with no sell-on value. 

Shackell, Johnson, Butterfield, Waghorn, Nugent, Malone, Marriott, Anya, Blackman, Wisdom, Olsson, Jozefzoon. That’s over £40m on players we received zilch for after.

Then there were the free transfers which have come in on high wages which still never improved us from our 2013-14 side. The likes of Bent, Baird, Carson, Huddlestone, Ledley, Pearce, Davies.

I think we lost money on Weimann. Holmes I’m not sure. George Evans and Graeme Shinnie were inexpensive freebies.

The only players I recall making any profit on were Abdoul Camara, Albentosa, Tom Ince and Matej Vydra and even then you’re talking a few million max which equates to Darren Bent’s wages for a couple of years.

We’ve sold a host of academy players for criminally low fees.

All in all, recruitment has been an absolute nightmare during Mel Morris’s campaign and it the primary reason why we are where we are.

A good policy and we would never have had to try and circumvent the rules with the amortisation policy and stadium sale. It has all come about from dire recruitment.

18 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

If the administrators carry on losing bidders quicker than they can name a preffered bidder they will not be helping themselves (other than their own financial gain) or ourselves in saving Derby County Football Club.

6 hours ago, Papahet said:

You forgot Bradley thinking he had signed for Derby City............sums up the whole saga!