Wayne Rooney Monument at PP?

SuffolkRam

Bit early for April Fool's and would be extremely tinpot.  

Rooney Is doing a great job and if we were to survive it would be one of the biggest football achievements of the last ten years, if not longer, but even still it wouldn't be worthy of a statue, at least not yet.

That being said, Rooney is clearly frustrated by goings on at the club and must feel lied to after the close of the window.  I don't think he will regret not speaking to Everton just yet but, if I was him, I'd have walked by now, and I'm a Rams fan!

I created a topic on building a statue, it was rather tongue in cheek though. 

Think it's important we show gratitude for the way he's helping to steer us through the mess, but this should at the very least wait until he leaves the club. 

He needs to come out in the media and lambast the EFL now, enough is enough the Festy rumours should tip him over the edge and I want to see a full blown rant! He needs to be making as much noise as the rest of us, Rooney is more highly regarded in football than the EFL that is a fact, time to use his platform! 

2 minutes ago, YouRams said:

He needs to come out in the media and lambast the EFL now, enough is enough the Festy rumours should tip him over the edge and I want to see a full blown rant! He needs to be making as much noise as the rest of us, Rooney is more highly regarded in football than the EFL that is a fact, time to use his platform! 

He’ll get fined.

He need to get Gary Neville to do it for him.

This is cringe level embarrassing, just the thought of other supporters' (or the Gumps) reading the original thread title and jumping to conclusions was bad enough for me. I hope this isn't serious, talk about reducing yourself to tinpot status. He is doing a very good job under effectively no pressure to do anything when expectations for the season were rock bottom. I love Rooney at the moment but his job will be harder if and when we are relegated and the fanbase expects us to be competitive and to win most games. Lets not lose our heads in the love-in and embarrass the history of the club in the process...

10 hours ago, SuffolkRam said:

Agreed and actually, I don't think he seeks any adulation. What he will take from his time at Derby, will be an enhanced managerial reputation and a massive boost to his credibility as a person.   

If he kept us up this season, kept us up next season (assuming we start on -15), got us promoted to the premier league and then kept us there - it would be a more serious consideration because I think then he would be up there as one of the best managers in our history. Not sure he’ll be here for another 3-5 years to see that through. 

It would an outstanding achievement if he kept us up but it’s a one-off. Statutes honour legacy, combination of success and longevity. It would be more ridiculous than Birmingham retiring the No.26 shirt for Jude Bellingham. 

19 hours ago, MK-Ram said:

Bit early for April Fool's and would be extremely tinpot.  

Rooney Is doing a great job and if we were to survive it would be one of the biggest football achievements of the last ten years, if not longer, but even still it wouldn't be worthy of a statue, at least not yet.

That being said, Rooney is clearly frustrated by goings on at the club and must feel lied to after the close of the window.  I don't think he will regret not speaking to Everton just yet but, if I was him, I'd have walked by now, and I'm a Rams fan!

I think he knew what he was doing regarding the Everton job and doesn’t regret his decision.

Firstly, he may not have got the job and, whilst most people wouldn’t have blamed him for showing an interest, it might have damaged the goodwill he has built up at Derby.

Secondly, he’s in a win/win situation at Derby. If we survive he will be rightly applauded. If we fail (relegation or liquidation) his reputation will remain intact given what he’s achieved so far and the very significant mitigating circumstances. Whilst Everton might be a bit of basket case, they are nowhere near the turmoil Derby are in. He remains unproven in an environment where you are dealing with very highly paid footballers where the primary roles of the job are coaching and tactics rather than gelling a team together in the face of severe adversity. I think he has wisely decided to remain (for the time being) whilst he gains more experience.