Isaac Hutchinson - Joined Walsall

Rambalin

At that point where he needs first team football - Watson, McDonald and Dixon are at the same point but I imagine we're limited due to squad size 

Gives players from the U18s a chance to step up, and allows us to have greater balance in the side by fielding wingers rather than 5 CMs! ?

Hopefully he impresses and earns himself a contract in the summer... I doubt we'll be offering an extension.

31 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Hopefully saving on wages & maybe a small loan fee, every little helps.

If we get relegated he will likely be a squad player so worth him going out & gettinv some game time.

I agree. It it should aid his development and help our finances a little bit. I hope we got a small loan fee and all his wages are paid.

• 2 months later...
48 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

How has he got on since then.

Despite starting 6 of the first 7 he was available for, he's spent a lot of time on the bench in recent weeks. Played in every game, starting 7 out of 13 (78 mins in 1 sub app). Played everywhere in midfield and upfront. Scored 1, assisted 2.

Just had a good check up and to add a bit of detail to it….

The sub appearance at 12mins was v Swindon where he set up the winner (although it didn’t count as an assist) and scored in a 3-1 win…highlights are here if interested (from 1:15 onwards)

If you took that game as effectively a start Crawley have only lost once in those 8 games - winning 4 drawing 3 and losing 1. Whereas they have lost 4 of the 5 games that he hasn’t started.…

Not sure why he hasn’t started those games but being on loan is often a tricky….and League 2 isn’t always very accommodating of a young attacking midfielder when much of the game is a physical battle with the ball spending a considerable time off the ground!

He does have the highest pass completion % of any Crawley players who’s started more than 5 games though and a scan of their forum seems to indicate the general feeling is they’d like to keep him and he’s been playing pretty well. 

I’ve said this so many times but League 1 and 2 are the most difficult leagues to play in for technically good players who want to play football. It’s simply a battle ground of players who apart from a sprinkling of quality, are there for the physical qualities they bring. 

As an example the highest Average passes played per game by a player at Crawley is 51 and the next highest is 37 and then 34. Their goalkeeper is 4th in most passes played averaging 33 per game……and he has a % completion of 31.8% !!! Which tells you what he does with most of them!!!

By comparison Derby’s average passes per game sees 3 Centre backs and a gk in the top 4 all averaging over 46 passes per game, with the 3 CBs over 80% completion and Ryan Allsop at 63% completion!!

Derby have averaged 424 passes a game over 41 championship games. Crawley average 351 per game over 40 league 2 games!!

For Isaac it’s clearly been far more successful than his loan to Forest Green and he is now approaching 70 football league games under his belt. He’s a similar age to Watson who has a handful and Dixon  who’s yet to play in senior football.

As a comparison, Jordan Brown, who I rate highly, has been at Orient for 18 games and in that time has only :-

Started 3 games

Come on as a sub in 3

Been an unused sub in 5

Not made the squad in 7

As I said, league 2 is hard hard work and takes a long time to be trusted by managers and takes a long time to adapt….

Edited by Ravabeerbelly