Isaac Hutchinson - Joined Walsall

Rambalin

41 minutes ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

The Crawley gaffer seems to be quite a character ? I’m not sure Isaac knew where to look! 
The full interview can be seen here…

Have you seen his post-match interviews after a defeat. They're absolutely bonkers.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

On 23/04/2022 at 13:26, IslandExile said:

That looks to be a disaster for everyone concerned.

Isaac seems to have done well there and the general feeling among their supporters is they’d like him to stay. That’s possibly put the mockers on that with a new manager likely to come in after his loan expires and will not have any real knowledge of him.

20 hours ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

That looks to be a disaster for everyone concerned.

Isaac seems to have done well there and the general feeling among their supporters is they’d like him to stay. That’s possibly put the mockers on that with a new manager likely to come in after his loan expires and will not have any real knowledge of him.

Well that's maybe be good thing for us he can come back and show rooney what he can do.

On 14/04/2022 at 15:39, Ravabeerbelly said:

Just had a good check up and to add a bit of detail to it….

The sub appearance at 12mins was v Swindon where he set up the winner (although it didn’t count as an assist) and scored in a 3-1 win…highlights are here if interested (from 1:15 onwards)

If you took that game as effectively a start Crawley have only lost once in those 8 games - winning 4 drawing 3 and losing 1. Whereas they have lost 4 of the 5 games that he hasn’t started.…

Not sure why he hasn’t started those games but being on loan is often a tricky….and League 2 isn’t always very accommodating of a young attacking midfielder when much of the game is a physical battle with the ball spending a considerable time off the ground!

He does have the highest pass completion % of any Crawley players who’s started more than 5 games though and a scan of their forum seems to indicate the general feeling is they’d like to keep him and he’s been playing pretty well. 

I’ve said this so many times but League 1 and 2 are the most difficult leagues to play in for technically good players who want to play football. It’s simply a battle ground of players who apart from a sprinkling of quality, are there for the physical qualities they bring. 

As an example the highest Average passes played per game by a player at Crawley is 51 and the next highest is 37 and then 34. Their goalkeeper is 4th in most passes played averaging 33 per game……and he has a % completion of 31.8% !!! Which tells you what he does with most of them!!!

By comparison Derby’s average passes per game sees 3 Centre backs and a gk in the top 4 all averaging over 46 passes per game, with the 3 CBs over 80% completion and Ryan Allsop at 63% completion!!

Derby have averaged 424 passes a game over 41 championship games. Crawley average 351 per game over 40 league 2 games!!

For Isaac it’s clearly been far more successful than his loan to Forest Green and he is now approaching 70 football league games under his belt. He’s a similar age to Watson who has a handful and Dixon  who’s yet to play in senior football.

As a comparison, Jordan Brown, who I rate highly, has been at Orient for 18 games and in that time has only :-

Started 3 games

Come on as a sub in 3

Been an unused sub in 5

Not made the squad in 7

As I said, league 2 is hard hard work and takes a long time to be trusted by managers and takes a long time to adapt….

Its going to be a battle and a half next year isnt it 

oh for a daryll powell and robbie van der laan

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure what’s in store for Isaac. It seems his loan spell went well and Crawley fans seem to hope he stays.

He played a part in every game for them starting 12 and a used sub in 7 playing just over 1000 minutes.

Scored twice and two assists. 

Including his Derby games it means he finished with 3 goals and 2 assists from 14 starts in a variety of midfield positions which isn’t too bad tbh.

He is out of contract but now has 73 EFL games in league 1 and 2 under his belt 

31 minutes ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

Not sure what’s in store for Isaac. It seems his loan spell went well and Crawley fans seem to hope he stays.

He played a part in every game for them starting 12 and a used sub in 7 playing just over 1000 minutes.

Scored twice and two assists. 

Including his Derby games it means he finished with 3 goals and 2 assists from 14 starts in a variety of midfield positions which isn’t too bad tbh.

He is out of contract but now has 73 EFL games in league 1 and 2 under his belt 

I rate him, I thought he looked decent for us and wa suprised he disappeared with Watson.

If money is tight he is a good player to have in league 1.

On 12/05/2022 at 10:53, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I rate him, I thought he looked decent for us and wa suprised he disappeared with Watson.

If money is tight he is a good player to have in league 1.

I doubt very much that Hutchinson will be kept. He’s out of contract.

His Derby career was over the minute we went into administration.

43 minutes ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

I doubt very much that Hutchinson will be kept. He’s out of contract.

His Derby career was over the minute we went into administration.

Rooney liked him in the league cup competions I see no reason why he wont be kepted on.

4 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

And other times it doesn't. I'm glad we have Sibley, there'll be more from him. 

I agree there’ll be more to come without a doubt. I rate him. But he hasn’t done himself justice this season and my feeling is Hutchinson in different circumstances would’ve or potentially could’ve offered more.

However I don’t think we’ll ever find out as I don’t see Hutchinson being kept.

C64645B4-7B30-4921-ABD6-3FA25B5290D7.jpeg

1 hour ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

I agree there’ll be more to come without a doubt. I rate him. But he hasn’t done himself justice this season and my feeling is Hutchinson in different circumstances would’ve or potentially could’ve offered more.

However I don’t think we’ll ever find out as I don’t see Hutchinson being kept.

Are you surprised, he's young and inexperienced.

26 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Are you surprised, he's young and inexperienced.

Not at all, no. But the comment from someone, was, they felt Hutchinson would add more in the final third than Sibley. I read that as now, not in 3/5/7 years. 

I agreed with them and felt peoples perception of Sibley (right now) probably outweighs the reality.

That’s all. It wasn’t an anti Sibley post.

41 minutes ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

Not at all, no. But the comment from someone, was, they felt Hutchinson would add more in the final third than Sibley. I read that as now, not in 3/5/7 years. 

I agreed with them and felt peoples perception of Sibley (right now) probably outweighs the reality.

That’s all. It wasn’t an anti Sibley post.

They played the season at a different level, so not a true comparison I think.

8 hours ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

Which is why i said “Hutchinson in different circumstances would’ve or potentially could’ve offered more”

Or not, maybe. No-one's able to really tell ... but it's not like he set the league on fire where he was is it? At least Sibley has been talked about in those terms. Anyway #COYR