Huddersfield Town (A) Matchday Thread

Ghost of Clough

8 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

He's never managed to do the job in a back 4 for more than a single match here and there before so 3 in a row is a big ask.

Cashin might take his chance, but honestly I haven't seen anything to suggest he's ready to be playing full matches, or the sort of calm under pressure defender / positionally competent we need for out tactics to work.

Sorry, not trying to be defeatist, just looking at the squad in a matter of fact way.

Hopeful we'll manage something doing it today, but we can't play the next three games with our backs to the wall hoping for a breakaway goal.

We have been averaging about 2 decent chances per game all season in my opinion and working hard to keep the ball away from our goal - the points we have gained this season have been amazing and we fight on and not a single player has let us down this season.

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I think the youth on the bench might be a good thing in this game, we need to keep up the effort and energy, Stretton on for Plange at some point, maybe Ebiowei for Lawrence at some stage to keep him fresh and Bielik for one of the midfield lads. 

A good shout 

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

We have been averaging about 2 decent chances per game all season in my opinion and working hard to keep the ball away from our goal - the points we have gained this season have been amazing and we fight on and not a single player has let us down this season.

I agree. 

Hopefully it's only a 1 match ban for Stearman anyway. hardly reckless or dangerous play.

4 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Byrne looks up and crosses it, literally Plange v 8 defenders. 

Come on Derby, they have 1 extra man not 3!

Nothing wrong with the effort but too defensively minded at times. 

Plange, Lawrence,  Sibley....not great at what CKR excels at ie winning headers, drawing a foul, getting a corner etc.

One way traffic but desperate defending and poor last ball means we are still right in this.  Need to get Ebosele more upfield as he can create mayhem. Bielik on to retain possession too.

can't believe your complaining tbh ?. Huddersfield are fighting for automatic promotion, I'd have taken a draw before kick off!

7 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I think the youth on the bench might be a good thing in this game, we need to keep up the effort and energy, Stretton on for Plange at some point, maybe Ebiowei for Lawrence at some stage to keep him fresh and Bielik for one of the midfield lads. 

I doubt we'll see Ebiowei unless we're losing

Edited by Ghost of Clough

7 minutes ago, Yani P said:

just to cheer everyone up...has anyone ever seen a funnier headline...

Rooney has been tipped by bookmakers to be in the running to succeed Valerien Ismael at West Bromwich Albion

Is that why he passed on the Everton job, he was holding out for the big opportunity at West Brom?