EFL Vs HMRC?

Whilst the EFL are determined to stymie any takeover efforts by our ( reported ) 3 financial suitors by muddying the waters,not approving any takeover until we've resolved the vexatious claims from Middlesbrough and Wycombe, potentially ending in us being 'timed out' and going into insolvency...

What position do you think HMRC - clearly more powerful than our Mickey Mouse football overlords, that is the EFL - will take about being potentially paid duck all if the EFL, Gibson et al persist in this course of action, instead of getting possibly £10-15m from any potential new owners of the reportedly £28m we owe to them?

Surely the former "claimants" can't take precedence over the public coffers, denying the treasury?

Can HMRC usurp these petty squabbles to gain what is owed them and realistically achievable above petty sporting politics?

Edited by Dave Mackay Ate My Hamster

2 hours ago, Dave Mackay Ate My Hamster said:

Whilst the EFL are determined to stymie any takeover efforts by our ( reported ) 3 financial suitors by muddying the waters,not approving any takeover until we've resolved the vexatious claims from Middlesbrough and Wycombe, potentially ending in us being 'timed out' and going into insolvency...

What position do you think HMRC - clearly more powerful than our Mickey Mouse football overlords, that is the EFL - will take about being potentially paid duck all if the EFL, Gibson et al persist in this course of action, instead of getting possibly £10-15m from any potential new owners of the reportedly £28m we owe to them?

Surely the former "claimants" can't take precedence over the public coffers, denying the treasury?

Can HMRC usurp these petty squabbles to gain what is owed them and realistically achievable above petty sporting politics?

I think we have to really hope the true creditors do take this up now. The loss to the hardworking taxpayer angle due to these spurious claims needs to get more leverage. 

On 16/01/2022 at 02:33, Dave Mackay Ate My Hamster said:

A very good point. And I think thee  answer is yes , and the admin team who's duty is to act for all creditors including HMRC are making this very point. It is fundamentally wrong , both morally and according it seems to Quantuma, legally, that these dodgy claims from Boro and Wycombe should rank higher in priority than   HMRC, ST John Ambulance and the rest. 

This needs highlighting again.

If the EFL don't make a decision over B & W s creditor status then HMRC (and others) stand to lose lots of money!

Write to your tax office and demand they put pressure on the EFL! ?

Edited by RoyMac5

EFLs rules not updated to reflect recent changes to insolvency legislation. Consequently HMRC stands to lose out on millions because either MFC win and get ranked ahead of them in the payout list, or MFC don’t get what they want and we’re liquidated and HMRC get duck all.

If I were HMRC I’d be making noises about investigations into MFC and Pube-heads tax affairs . And then further investigations until they find something.

28 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

This needs highlighting again.

If the EFL don't make a decision over B & W s creditor status then HMRC (and others) stand to lose lots of money!

Write to your tax office and demand they put pressure on the EFL! ?

No point takes them at least 3 months to respond to a letter!

3 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Actually we had a reply at work recently that had taken 10 months

surely if gibsons ridiculous claim puts us out of business, he will have robbed hmrc of millions,whats to stop hmrc chasing him for the debt,but more importantly make him aware of the fact that thats what they intend to do,just to apply more pressure for him to drop the bogus claim

18 minutes ago, TINMANTED said:

surely if gibsons ridiculous claim puts us out of business, he will have robbed hmrc of millions,whats to stop hmrc chasing him for the debt,but more importantly make him aware of the fact that thats what they intend to do,just to apply more pressure for him to drop the bogus claim

That won't happen I'm afraid .  I would be expecting them to hammering the admin team if, as I suspect, a plan is ready to go.  They in turn will forward this to the EFL and they could take action against then if proved they haven't dealt with this efficiently and stopped a legitimate sale.