EFL statement

RoyMac5

27 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

So say 40,000 people suing qpr and Aston Villa’s for ffp breaches those 40,000 the ticket holders for Derby at Wembley at the cost of the ticket because essentially they cheated could end up getting 2m civil claims per case donate to Derby county could we legally do that?

Time is not on our side for anything like that I think

53 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

and this was all presented by Bausor the CEO of MFC - and an EFL Board member!!!   
The EFL have seemingly dealt with the conflict of interest issue by saying MFC are excluded from discussion of those issues and don’t get to see EFL internal papers on those discussions. That’s standard practice and difficult to dis-prove. 

...We need legal expertise plus MPs to be directed to examine that because that’s where all the deception is. That’s the heart of it. 

I was thinking of Nick De Marco being crowd-funded! ?

But the thing I'm wondering, the EFL making these decisions (like our amortisation policy) on the Insolvency Act (is it?) and going against statute - well who is making their 'expert' decisions? Why are a bunch of 'prawn-sandwich scoffers' making these decisions?!

Was Nixon's 'whose QC is bigger comment yesterday' a pertinent one?

No vendetta REALLY !

an independent tribunal found Derby innocent over amortisation, EFL appealed and an independent tribunal then found Derby a token fine of £100,000, this was not good enough for EFL and they implied they wanted a points deduction and they were going to appeal again, only to find from their solicitor that they had little chance of winning, and then the EFL statement over not appealing started with REGRET we are not able to appeal, so they do not take notice from an indepentant panel when it does not suit them, although it is in their rules!

Vendetta against Derby is because we had the audacity to stand up to them.

If anyone wishes to forward this to the MPs please do for not living in Derbyshire, when last contacted Pauline Latham 6 weeks or so ago she said that under parliametary law you have to have consistency post code, for the MP to act on your behalf.

1 hour ago, Motley said:

Any more on the suggestion to find a local legal partnership to help. To at least discuss options open us maybe using a fan group as claimant, e.g claims against Villa and QPR. Even if its success is unlikely it will let the EFL know the can of worms they are opening…..assume BAWT or the like are all over this…..anyone from these rams organisations reading this..?….do you need any assistance pursuing this with local solicitors..?

54 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Time is not on our side for anything like that I think

Remember when Trump put together all those court cases after the election. The vast majority lost, but it didn’t stop him having a go. He had like 40 or 50 all going on at once.

Couldn’t we start proceedings on not just court cases for us vs Villa and QPR, but on behalf of any club wronged by a dodgy position due to someone breaching FFP. We could have dozens of court cases going on with serious promotion / relegation implications, let alone the hundreds of teams that have missed out on prize money from being a place higher. 

doesn’t matter if those teams don’t want to pursue those cases, surely just the threat of that absolute free for all would be enough to show the EFL just what a can of worms they’re opening up. That threat can be put together in just a few days. You could literally take the wording of the boro case, and change the names at the top: boro vs Derby to Derby vs Villa, Derby vs qpr, half the league vs Bournemouth, charlton vs Sheffield Wednesday, that sort of thing. 

11 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Remember when Trump put together all those court cases after the election. The vast majority lost, but it didn’t stop him having a go. He had like 40 or 50 all going on at once.

Couldn’t we start proceedings on not just court cases for us vs Villa and QPR, but on behalf of any club wronged by a dodgy position due to someone breaching FFP. We could have dozens of court cases going on with serious promotion / relegation implications, let alone the hundreds of teams that have missed out on prize money from being a place higher. 

doesn’t matter if those teams don’t want to pursue those cases, surely just the threat of that absolute free for all would be enough to show the EFL just what a can of worms they’re opening up. That threat can be put together in just a few days. You could literally take the wording of the boro case, and change the names at the top: boro vs Derby to Derby vs Villa, Derby vs qpr, half the league vs Bournemouth, charlton vs Sheffield Wednesday, that sort of thing. 

Problem is what if more teams bring claims against us? 

3 hours ago, Dava75 said:

Paragraph 32 is also huge in this document. Basically says MFC compensation case is built almost entirely on the issue of “inflated value” of the sale of pride park …. which I believe we were cleared of……and very little was mentioned by MFC about the breach of the amortisation policy ……and this was all presented by Bausor the CEO of MFC - and an EFL Board member!!!   

I emailed Trevor Birch last night and specifically referenced this paragraph.  Plus the fact the statement said MFC’s claim was over 12 months ago, this case was 15 months ago and yet we weren’t found guilty of breaching FFP until after our accounts were submitted in August last year.  How and on what basis we’re they claiming in the intervening period if we hadn’t actually been found guilty of anything?

I even included the link to the MFC case from October 2021, just in case he had trouble finding it.

Edited by FlyBritishMidland

2 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I cannot find any evidence that MFC submitted any claim before November 2021.

There was certainly reports of MFC considering action before then. But this was stayed whilst the LAP went through and that determination only referred to an "intention" to lodge a claim rather than the actual act. 

So as far as I can tell, the actual clain only came in Nov 2021?

From the written reasons of them trying to muscle in on our hearing (October 2020):

image.png.b362f905ba9005413e8bb455e7195fe0.png

On 17/01/2022 at 22:27, Ellafella said:

EFL is keen to try and resolve the current impasse. The EFL invited each of the Administrators, Middlesbrough FC, and Wycombe Wanderers to make submissions on this point last week, and we are now in the process of reviewing those submissions with a view to identifying a route to resolve the conflict which exists between the respective positions of, on the one hand, Derby County, and on the other Middlesbrough and Wycombe Wanderers.

That is the heart of the matter; despite MFC and WWFC’s claims widely felt to be spurious and fallacious, the EFL are allowing them to prevent the process moving forward when the clock is ticking against Derby. That is disingenuous on the EFL’s part and that seriously risks Derby County’s future. It’s taken them all day to come up with that. The Government needs to step in and give them a head wobble. 

Picking this back up again after hearing Rick Parry interviewed on both Talksport2 and Radio Five Live yesterday. Incidentally I emailed the EFL and asked for the Boro and Wycombe submissions to be made public ASAP but have received no reply. 

Seems to be a massive contradiction here that I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has picked up on it. In the EFL Q and A statement last Monday they said they were reviewing submissions from the two clubs regarding their claims. However on two radio interviews, Parry says the arbitration panel review had started with Boro and Derby (from last January) but had been held up. He went on to say no legal case had been filed and it's currently an 'in-house matter'. The presenter never asked why arbitration had been held up. 

So my question is - are they reviewing submissions from Boro for their claim as stated in their statement last Monday or has arbitration started (from last January)? This seems a massive contradiction to me. It's hard to believe anything listening to Rick Parry. Individual who sounds manipulative and permanently on the defensive. 

Edited by angieram
Remove personal insults

On 18/01/2022 at 00:26, Crewton said:

Paragraph 4 in this one

https://www.efl.com/contentassets/c9fc5dceaa7f4b62b81dca0b9e2f7c9d/2020.10.26---decision-on-mfc-redaction.pdf

That's where the stitch up was agreed I bet - "drop your Arbitration against us and we'll support your case against Derby"

Its a corker isn't it? And yet the IDC found nothing wrong with that? Eh??? I mean it wasn't a problem at the time because we won the IDC case anyway, so didn't need to appeal, but in the context of what has happened since that has to be looked at again.   

On 18/01/2022 at 00:12, uttoxram75 said:

I would personally fight any moderator who tried to ban you for attempting to beat the swear filter in regard to the EFL/Gibson etc.

Think of me and Boycie..........Oliver Reed and Alan Bates in front of a roaring fire..........

I heard that one of the old ladies who watched that (Women in Love) said to her friend…….. “Nice carpet!”

On 18/01/2022 at 10:21, FlyBritishMidland said:

I emailed Trevor Birch last night and specifically referenced this paragraph.  Plus the fact the statement said MFC’s claim was over 12 months ago, this case was 15 months ago and yet we weren’t found guilty of breaching FFP until after our accounts were submitted in August last year.  How and on what basis we’re they claiming in the intervening period if we hadn’t actually been found guilty of anything?

I even included the link to the MFC case from October 2021, just in case he had trouble finding it.

What’s Trevor Birch’s e-mail address?

I want to put forward a plan to finance us to the end of the season which involves sueing Liverpool for keeping us out of Europe in 87

Today of all days seems to be as good a time as any to revisit a story from over 17 years ago. Two days after Brian Clough died, a certain Rick Parry's "tribute" to Brian Clough was just a comment that he (unlike everyone else at the FA, and anyone at Forest )  wished they had pursued Cloughie for his "bonus" payments from Nottingham Forest. Even after he had retired and was in ill health and in fact dying.  

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/outpouring-of-passion-for-clough-3dzw72k2l0g

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/2387218/Parry-puzzled-by-Clough-bungs.html

No vendetta there then Mr Parry? Wanting to pursue someone in ill health and then dancing on their grave two days after their death.

What a contemptible man. Unlike Cloughie of course, as many can testify

"Brian Clough's incredible kindness saved my life"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-59207830

55 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Today of all days seems to be as good a time as any to revisit a story from over 17 years ago. Two days after Brian Clough died, a certain Rick Parry's "tribute" to Brian Clough was just a comment that he (unlike everyone else at the FA, and anyone at Forest )  wished they had pursued Cloughie for his "bonus" payments from Nottingham Forest. Even after he had retired and was in ill health and in fact dying.  

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/outpouring-of-passion-for-clough-3dzw72k2l0g

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/2387218/Parry-puzzled-by-Clough-bungs.html

No vendetta there then Mr Parry? Wanting to pursue someone in ill health and then dancing on their grave two days after their death.

What a contemptible man. Unlike Cloughie of course, as many can testify

"Brian Clough's incredible kindness saved my life"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire

Brian’s contribution to the game will be remembered forever.

If Birch and Parry are extremely lucky, their’s won’t be.

Edited by StaffsRam