Coventry City (A) FA Cup 3rd Round Matchday Thread

Inverurie Ram

Same as reading first half. Look there for the taking but our intensity and purpose just isn’t there. Morrison bird and Thompson all guilty of just passing backwards and playing safe. Coventry look very poor. Got to improve second half - we get the next goal we win this for me. Ebosele amazing but needs to do more with his final ball. 

I hope we get knocked out today, so we can concentrate on the relegation battle. Also hoping that the 6 to 7 teams above us in the league all have good cup runs, that would be in our favour.

Yes I agree with an earlier comment, you can't play with Morrison and Lawrence both starting the match. I would have given Cashin a start and rested either Jags or Davies. Played Sibley instead of Knight. Like to see Stretton getting on in the 2nd half.

Just now, Ramos said:

Same as reading first half. Look there for the taking but our intensity and purpose just isn’t there. Morrison bird and Thompson all guilty of just passing backwards and playing safe. Coventry look very poor. Got to improve second half - we get the next goal we win this for me. Ebosele amazing but needs to do more with his final ball. 

Rava slowing the game down and looking ineffective……how very dare you ?

9 minutes ago, ITSD said:

Poor half really. Playing it out from the back isn't working today. I'd be tempted to go more direct second half. Deserve to be behind. Ebosele definitely has the beating of their full-back down that right hand side though and they don't look amazing. Can certainly still win this tie. 

I’d say it was a pretty good game.

We look much better when we play the ball quicker and attack with pace.

Yes we will occasionally give the ball away but this is a cup tie and we now need at least two goals.

Every time we get a throw in 20 yards from their corner flag its ends back with alsop within 10 seconds. I don't get it. Why are we so negative. No movement up front whatsoever. No desire from the front players to make space to receive the ball. No options for the midfielders to pass forward other than festy down the right. Poor so far. Needs a big improvement second half. 

Edited by tombomb

11 minutes ago, ITSD said:

Ebosele definitely has the beating of their full-back down that right hand side though and they don't look amazing

His final ball is driving me mad but suppose he's not a winger.  He may as well just try and keep the ball at feet and keeping running without being concerned whose on.  Eventually he'll get a penalty.  Either that, or make him practise incessant interplay and crossing at pace in training. 

No movement in and around the box for festy to pick out. Maybe because they don't expect him to get where he gets. Get him signed up long term Derby because he is destined for bigger things. He really excites me when running at people. Can't think of the last player to do that. Wanchope maybe. 

Back to the second half. Expect a few changes to save the legs of many who need it. Bigger picture.

2 minutes ago, Donegal Ram said:

No movement in and around the box for festy to pick out. Maybe because they don't expect him to get where he gets. Get him signed up long term Derby because he is destined for bigger things. He really excites me when running at people. Can't think of the last player to do that. Wanchope maybe. 

Back to the second half. Expect a few changes to save the legs of many who need it. Bigger picture.

Jordan Ibe maybe ? 

3 minutes ago, Donegal Ram said:

Exciting player for sure but need massive cash improvement on end product which will come in time