Max Bird

RoyMac5

5 minutes ago, leroyoftherovers said:

Pretty sure I've seen an interview with him saying he wants to establish himself as one of the best centre midfielders in the Championship. You can't do that in League 1.Hopefully we pull off a miracle or he has a change of heart. 

There is no change of heart to be made. There is nothing saying he wants to leave unless that is what you are looking for. 

Agree with most of the previous comments but, for me, he tends to drift into a position where he is not open for a pass. Seems almost that he is marking an opposition player when we are in possession. This does go on too much for me and he doesn't work hard enough to improve it. ( Thought it only happened when alongside Shinnie but no). Then all of a sudden he wants the ball every time and is a driving force. A player who is improving and his confidence is growing rapidly. Keep it up Max.

For me it is really telling that he has so much more confidence in Thompson to take hold of the ball and not lose it compared to Shinnie. I love Shiniesta, but technically he has been found wanting a few times.

You can see Bird and Thompson happy to receive the ball and play it around the opposition mids, along with Knight when he is in there.

This has helped Max move on another level with a better player around him.

2 hours ago, England Ram said:

For me it is really telling that he has so much more confidence in Thompson to take hold of the ball and not lose it compared to Shinnie. I love Shiniesta, but technically he has been found wanting a few times.

You can see Bird and Thompson happy to receive the ball and play it around the opposition mids, along with Knight when he is in there.

This has helped Max move on another level with a better player around him.

I agree. I have always understood the love for Shinnie as he has tremendous heart, and work rate, but as a technical footballer he is very limited in respect of passing but most of all ball retention. He often finds himself out of position too chasing the ball. As much pinball as pit bull. Thompson has both good positional sense, and great passing success stats. Must make Bird more confident that he can be more expansive with his own game.