Max Bird

RoyMac5

4 minutes ago, Keepyuppy said:

Max Bird has grown so much in stature and confidence this season - he is probably the most underrated midfield player in the division . Since he’s bulked out somewhat, he has transformed in to a fantastic player.  I hope he stays for a very long time indeed ??

Spot on, he has improved alot this season & also seems to have bulked out like you say.

I look forward to him & Bielik next to each other, both will offer ability on the ball as well as strength & height in the middle of the pitch.

I also think them 2 together could get the best out of Morrison in the 10 role as he wont need to drop so deep for the ball and will have quality behind him to find him in space.

On 04/01/2022 at 05:22, England Ram said:

For me it is really telling that he has so much more confidence in Thompson to take hold of the ball and not lose it compared to Shinnie. I love Shiniesta, but technically he has been found wanting a few times.

You can see Bird and Thompson happy to receive the ball and play it around the opposition mids, along with Knight when he is in there.

This has helped Max move on another level with a better player around him.

Always thought Max was a star in the making but he has definitely gone off a little since playing alongside Rooney. Now seems to be getting back to his best yet...

I like Shinnie but am never totally convinced by him and Max seems to be growing in confidence with Liam Thompson alongside him, hope Rooney makes Shinnie work for his place back in the starting line up