Survival - a percentage evaluation thread.

A many years viewer, but not a regular poster, for a while, but tonight's heroic efforts got me thinking about starting a thread about our perceived percentage chances of achieving survival in our division. Before tonight I'd have assessed our chances of survival at about 1-2%, despite 2 consecutive wins, although after tonight I'd upgrade that probability to 10%.  I love maths, probabilities and percentages - the reality of an event happening, versus a blind-faith hopefulness of it happenning.

After tonight, indulge me if you will, where do you put our percentage chances of survival?

It would be interesting to update this thread on a match by match basis.

Indulge the nerd in me, what do you think our percentage chance of survival is, as of today?

As I said, I'll get the ball rolling at 10% - today.

What's your assessment - in percentage terms of us pulling it off?  No guffawing in the cheap seats.

Edited by Dave Mackay Ate My Hamster

Just an afterthought. Of course, so much will depend if we can resolve the ownership issue in January. If we enter into a fire-sale, we've no chance, but if someone resolves it quickly and pumps in say,  5 to 10 million in, what admittedly would be a huge gamble, the chances of us surviving could bump up to 20%-30% +. 

5% chance. 

To nail survival you need another 40 points from 22 games remaining. We need just under 2 points per game to hit that total (1.81 to be precise). 

The last 7 games we have over 2 points per game and we have played some of the toughest teams in the league. 

We have most of the teams around us to play at home and we have made Pride Park a relative fortress this season. 

In my heart I believe we will do it. COYR

Edited by LeedsRam1999
Poor grammar

34 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

We will stay up. 110%

I don't know what the odds are, but if you're that confident, put the mortgage and the pension fund on it.

You'll either end up retiring in the Bahamas next year - or in a bedsit on Hartington St. ?

14 minutes ago, sage said:

The next game is massive. Could be 8 or 14 points away from safety.

If we win the EFL are going to panic and think of something else we have done wrong. 

A win against Reading would be massive. 8 points behind with a better goal difference.