The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

Kind-of. He plays well for Poland, but somehow can't find any consistent form for us that would make anyone want to splash out anything approaching what we paid for him. He should be better, should be worth more, but regardless, anyone we sell now is part of a fire-sale and that's been the case since last September. And if the alternative was liquidation, what would you do?

It's a no brainer as you can concur with which illustrates my point about how some of the decisions the administrators have had to make are that facile a layman could be able to follow them through. 

Just now, StarterForTen said:

So if the Administrators want a preferred bidder in by next week and have taken a fee for Joswiak then it would appear self evident that the PB does not intend to underwrite club costs until they take over. 

Was just about to make the same point. Could’ve been one of the reasons why the delay from last week. Needed to get this done before anything else 

4 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

So if the Administrators want a preferred bidder in by next week and have taken a fee for Joswiak then it would appear self evident that the PB does not intend to underwrite club costs until they take over. 

Asking a silly question why would they and would you have expected them to?

10 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

I think that is a fair assumption, and takes a lot of the significance away from an announcement of a preferred bidder.

someone who would have been prepared to pay a £5 million non refundable deposit would be unlikely to pull out. 

someone who has not made that commitment could pulll out at at any time so even announcement of a preferred bidder is no big deaL until they sign on the dotted line.

4 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I think that is a fair assumption, and takes a lot of the significance away from an announcement of a preferred bidder.

someone who would have been prepared to pay a £5 million non refundable deposit would be unlikely to pull out. 

someone who has not made that commitment could pulll out at at any time so even announcement of a preferred bidder is no big deaL until they sign on the dotted line.

It could even be one of the things they are clarifying with the bidders - bidder A is offering £28m but won't put anything in right now, bidder B is offering £24m but will put £3m in now for costs (made up numbers etc).  It's certainly not an obvious choice what's best, bearing in mind if we run out of cash and get kicked out of the league, the takeover probably doesn't happen and the creditors get nothing.

4 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

It could even be one of the things they are clarifying with the bidders - bidder A is offering £28m but won't put anything in right now, bidder B is offering £24m but will put £3m in now for costs (made up numbers etc).  It's certainly not an obvious choice what's best, bearing in mind if we run out of cash and get kicked out of the league, the takeover probably doesn't happen and the creditors get nothing.

I dont think we will be kicked after efl openly said they will not kick us out of the efl for everyone to see.

Dont know what to think re Jozwiak. I like him but dont think we have seen the best of him - have always felt really sorry for him - away from home for Covid, best mate and fellow countryman out of squad for a year and then all of Mel's shambles. Think in normal times he would have set championship alight but not to be. Wish him all the best and hope his next contract happier - especially if that cash gets a PB over the line somehow

5 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Dont know what to think re Jozwiak. I like him but dont think we have seen the best of him - have always felt really sorry for him - away from home for Covid, best mate and fellow countryman out of squad for a year and then all of Mel's shambles. Think in normal times he would have set championship alight but not to be. Wish him all the best and hope his next contract happier - especially if that cash gets a PB over the line somehow

Yeah, one to file in "the didn't work out, not hard feelings, best of luck" folder.

I'm sure there's a player in there somewhere but we've not been able to get him out and I don't think it's gonna happen for him here.

Plus, I guess the money keeps the club going.

i am not sure i can take the lies anymore.

i have just finished listening to the price of football podcast, it is a terrible look at the administrators. i feel like he has held back for a while and just had to get it out of his system because the fact is they are running us like an administration that isnt actually bothered about saving the club.

meanwhile we sit bickering amongst ourselves who is to blame the efl or steve gibson. its time for us to put more pressure on the people culpable which are mel and Q and both of them could solve the issues this club has fairly simply. but will they? i think we all know the answer to that

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Yeah, one to file in "the didn't work out, not hard feelings, best of luck" folder.

I'm sure there's a player in there somewhere but we've not been able to get him out and I don't think it's gonna happen for him here.

Plus, I guess the money keeps the club going.

Yep just wrong circumstances

Not overly fussed that he's going. Flattered to deceive at best. No end product but neat and tidy at times. Smouldered but never actually caught light.

However, it's worrying what it means. Why would a PB with any aspirations be happy for us to sell another player/asset particularly when we still have a chance of staying up? Just stinks of someone not caring what happens to the playing side as long as they save a few bob and the administrators flogging everything not nailed down to keep us afloat.

Rooney looks pretty down too.

25 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Is that the best you have to offer? I am a tax person so all accounting zzzzz

Do you like close company. Are you up for appeals relating to entrepreneurs relief? Do you offer any age related allowances, and would you consider any benefits in kind. 

2 minutes ago, alram said:

i am not sure i can take the lies anymore.

i have just finished listening to the price of football podcast, it is a terrible look at the administrators. i feel like he has held back for a while and just had to get it out of his system because the fact is they are running us like an administration that isnt actually bothered about saving the club.

meanwhile we sit bickering amongst ourselves who is to blame the efl or steve gibson. its time for us to put more pressure on the people culpable which are mel and Q and both of them could solve the issues this club has fairly simply. but will they? i think we all know the answer to that

I’m not particularly impressed with the communications from the administrators (lack of it and type of language they have used) but do you know what the issues are, that the administrators are culpable and that it is within their power to solve them so easily?

8 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Breaking news;

The transfer was handled by one of the "non footy" administrators who happened to be in the DCFC office today.

When the MLS team said they were interested "in the Polish bloke", he sold them Bielik by mistake!

Dunno if it's an urban myth but FC Bruges bought Roger Davies because an agent offered them Derby County's centre forward and they thought they were getting Charlie George.

11 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Not overly fussed that he's going. Flattered to deceive at best. No end product but neat and tidy at times. Smouldered but never actually caught light.

However, it's worrying what it means. Why would a PB with any aspirations be happy for us to sell another player/asset particularly when we still have a chance of staying up? Just stinks of someone not caring what happens to the playing side as long as they save a few bob and the administrators flogging everything not nailed down to keep us afloat.

Rooney looks pretty down too.

Not sure about stinking but it's a pretty fair appraisal of where we are at the moment. 

No knights in shining armour to rescue us more like tinfoil tossers.