The Administration Thread

Boycie

5 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

What was it the admins said? That fans would be surprised how quickly things would move now? Something along those lines? Hmmmm

It would be quick compared to since September. Its a complicated deal not going to be done and dusted that quick. But Ashley's PR man stating about a timetable suggests it will be if them if he is pb

36 minutes ago, RAM1966 said:

Would that be the same person who said there would be no player sales?  I trust Q about as much as Johnson.  These bids are about maximising the money for MSD to get thier money back from tge sale of the stadium.  MSD after all its the biggest creditor other than HMRC, who are down the pecking order when it comes to payments...

My view is despite what Q have said the only deal acceptable will include the sale of the Stadium.  I think Morris quite rightly wants to severe all ties and move on.  

Regardless of what Q say, Mel owns the stadium and therefore is very much pulling the strings as he could if he wished cave in any deal, by refusing to sell or write off the £140m in soft loans....

I do not see Mel being awkward, but, to suggest he's not a major player in agreeing the deal, is rediculous!

As the MSD loan is secured against PPS, any solution that involves the sale of PPS as well  would be preferable I would think. That hardly means Mel is pulling the strings though. I don't want to think about him not writing off his soft loans .. he bloody well had better not. A sale which doesn't involve PPS is possible also.

Maybe Ashley fancies having Sports Direct adverts all over PPS .   

1 minute ago, Eatonram said:

I bet you're fun at a party, FFS

I’ve stuck by this from day one buddy. Take a look at the records of all these characters, not one with the will or the way to take us forward. We needed a seriously wealthy person who could write off £80million and we failed to get one.

In other news it’s a good day for throwing bad news into the ether, let’s hope it’s not dcfc!

Got to admit part of me is concerned that if it is Ashley he wouldn’t bothered about paying HMRC above the threshold needed to not get the -15. I think he’d go for what’s best for business than what is best from a football/fan point of view.

Just my instinct, it’s seemingly quite likely Ashley and hope I’m proved wrong there.

4 minutes ago, Gritstone Tup said:

I’ve stuck by this from day one buddy. Take a look at the records of all these characters, not one with the will or the way to take us forward. We needed a seriously wealthy person who could write off £80million and we failed to get one.

In other news it’s a good day for throwing bad news into the ether, let’s hope it’s not dcfc!

Is Ashley not seriously wealthy? How rich do you want these guys to be? Lighten up please!

1 minute ago, TuffLuff said:

Got to admit part of me is concerned that if it is Ashley he wouldn’t bothered about paying HMRC above the threshold needed to not get the -15. I think he’d go for what’s best for business than what is best from a football/fan point of view.

Just my instinct, it’s seemingly quite likely Ashley and hope I’m proved wrong there.

Admin team have to get best deal for the creditors and they think the offer will avoid a further penalty from Efl. 

25 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

You beat me to it! When £2bn of personal wealth isn't enough then God help us!

That Tepper bloke's worth £11.75bn. £50m to buy us would only be using 0.4% of his wealth. Roughly the cost of a new computer game out of my yearly earnings. For Ashley it would be 2.2% around the equivalent of me buying the PS5 to play them on.

Why oh why couldn't he have been Appleby's backer like some thought. Bah.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

4 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

It's more, how much of that wealth is he prepared to spend on his football club.

I'm Derby born and bred lived here almost 66 years, If I had £2 billion of ready cash/investments i'd want to help by funding or buying DCFC, Altho MA is my prefered choice it does make me wonder why anyone who has no affinity to a club by birth or by years of support would want to purchase a basket case(loose term)of a club.

I know very little if anything of MAs personel life or who his team of choice is when growing up, I've seen lots of pics of him with a pint in his hand and eyes half closed through a good beer of 2 so a party he enjoys, But why us ?‍♂️ if he's the Man?

45 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Whatever the new owners intentions for us are (selling us for a profit later on, as a marketing vehicle for Sports Direct etc, whatever), they're not served by starting us off on -15 next season, especially if that's in League 1.  The only way you gain real value from owning Derby County is by getting us into the Prem, or at least as serious Championship promotion contenders. 

I'm not saying they're going to turn us into a top 6 Prem team or anything, but there's no point paying the millions required for a lower Championship or League 1 club.  If that's what you want, there are probably much better options available at a much lower cost.  You buy Derby because we have the potential to be a Prem team (stadium, fanbase, facilities etc).