The Administration Thread

Boycie

24 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

As the PB has on my understanding to put in a non- refundable £5m deposit you expect it to be "easy"? If only you as an insolvency practitioner had been available in September we would have been challenging for play-offs now

i tell you something i may have made attempts to make it a more attractive club to buy

on the face of it they have done nothing to make us a better club to buy. there is zero clarity about anything and i would bet the admins are making a pretty penny out of this 

5 minutes ago, alram said:

because the preferred bidder is where negotiations START

it should be one of the first things they do, as with every administration. It is extremely rare for a preferred bidder not to be in place after a couple of months, never mind what is it now 7 months?

we can believe that many are competing to buy the club but i think the reality is a bit closer to the administrators are struggling to find someone to buy the club, it is the only logical reason. just ignore all the puff from the media and look at the facts, the admins seem to pluck up a new barrier every time a deadline comes.

How can they name a preferred bidder in the way you put it, First off they have to work out the amount of debt and who it is owed to. The administrators job is to sort out financial status of the club and try if possible to get the clubs finances in balance, while they are doing that they are not interested in a preferred bidder, there may be no club to bid on if it can't be saved.

i tell you something i may have made attempts to make it a more attractive club to buy

on the face of it they have done nothing to make us a better club to buy. there is zero clarity about anything and i would bet the admins are making a pretty penny out of this 

Give them a call and offer your assistance,for free of course,we don't want any more debt.

4 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

How can they name a preferred bidder in the way you put it, First off they have to work out the amount of debt and who it is owed to. The administrators job is to sort out financial status of the club and try if possible to get the clubs finances in balance, while they are doing that they are not interested in a preferred bidder, there may be no club to bid on if it can't be saved.

sorry i just dont buy it

i know full well how administrations work. the price of the club has been common knowledge for a long time now.

i just think nobody is willing to pay the asking price for the club and the longer it goes on the more expensive the club gets. not naming a prefered bidder at this stage is extremely irregular, the stumbling block was supposed to be boro, now that is sorted whats the excuse this time? it is all we hear from the admins yet there is almost nothing visible that they have done to make the club an attractive buy. what if no bids come in tonight? what then?

look at every statement the admins have put out, they all contain no information and along the lines of we are making progress. lets see the progress. i dont buy a word of it.

Edited by alram

7 minutes ago, alram said:

That's not, and never has been, their brief. It's purely and simply to maximise the benefits to creditors.

Just now, Eddie said:

That's not, and never has been, their brief. It's purely and simply to maximise the benefits to creditors.

yes it is. they achieve benefits to creditors by selling the club. if you don't improve the chances of a sale they don't get paid

20 minutes ago, R@M said:

Actually…it would be common practice to have a minimum acceptable amount due to administrator’s pre negotiations with creditors…they would then inform the potential bidders of current bids in order to drive the price up with a deadline set for last possible bids. Just like EBay….in fact has anyone checked if we are listed?

Yes we are but it cost's a grand to access the other bids.

i just think nobody is willing to pay the asking price for the club and the longer it goes on the more expensive the club gets. not naming a prefered bidder at this stage is extremely irregular, the stumbling block was supposed to be boro, now that is sorted whats the excuse this time?

Errr you have to give buyers notice of a deadline - can't just ring them up and say what's your bid?!

4 minutes ago, alram said:

sorry i just dont buy it

i know full well how administrations work. the price of the club has been common knowledge for a long time now.

i just think nobody is willing to pay the asking price for the club and the longer it goes on the more expensive the club gets. not naming a prefered bidder at this stage is extremely irregular, the stumbling block was supposed to be boro, now that is sorted whats the excuse this time? it is all we hear from the admins yet there is almost nothing visible that they have done to make the club an attractive buy. what if no bids come in tonight? what then?

look at every statement the admins have put out, they all contain no information and along the lines of we are making progress. lets see the progress. i dont buy a word of it.

The simple answer is, if nobody is willing to pay the asking price then the club goes into liquidation. The ball (excuse the pun) is in the bidders hands,take it or leave it.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Errr you have to give buyers notice of a deadline - can't just ring them up and say what's your bid?!

we will have to see, later tonight we will know if any bids come in but i am not hopeful to be perfectly honest

i just want to see some progress and it can only happen with a prefered bidder

Just now, alram said:

we will have to see, later tonight we will know if any bids come in but i am not hopeful to be perfectly honest

We all want that, including believe it or not, the Administrators.

There's a lot of debt and baggage with the Club, it was never going to be easy to sell.

3 minutes ago, alram said:

But if nobody will offer what the administrators want to satisfy the creditors then you don't get a preferred bidder, it is not a case of sell at any price.

40 minutes ago, alram said:

because the preferred bidder is where negotiations START

it should be one of the first things they do, as with every administration. It is extremely rare for a preferred bidder not to be in place after a couple of months, never mind what is it now 7 months?

we can believe that many are competing to buy the club but i think the reality is a bit closer to the administrators are struggling to find someone to buy the club, it is the only logical reason. just ignore all the puff from the media and look at the facts, the admins seem to pluck up a new barrier every time a deadline comes.

How have you got to seven months?  We went into administration on 17th September 2021 or thereabouts.  I make that just over five months.  And this is a complex case with the size of debt, parties that we owe money to, ground ownership, claims from other clubs.  If it hadn’t been for the claims, particularly MFC as WWFC have yet to formally submit one, we would have had a PB in early January.

Since the resolution of the MFC issue the administrators have asked for formal bids and allowed seven days to submit.  That seemed reasonable.  And it’s common practice for bids to go in at the last minute.

A couple of months ago I posted this table in the “Admins chased” thread.  The average duration for a club being in administration is about 8/9 months. And our case will be more complex than average.

06ABDC35-DE03-49AF-97BF-BE1C9BC29837.jpeg

2 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Most are aware of that on here, It just gives the PB the time to scrutinise the books, See what debt they are taking on and other sundries, Appleby and co i'm sure would have a good idea on what's what as he's an ex joint owner, Binnies on the otherhand are wealthy but stepping into the unknown where English "soccer" is concerned in other words a "god damn minefield" Ashley is a warhorse he'll screw the last bit of blood he can out of this situation, And if he gets it i'll be well pleased, Someone WHO KNOWS what's what in English football

I think all the due diligence will have been done. Way back when they were appointed Q told us there was a data room already assembled because of past efforts to sell. 
So I’d guess the main remaining conditions are executing the creditor compromise as per Q’s proposal (including HMRC) and fit and proper approval by EFL.  
Be interested to know how the business plan is addressed. Maybe the PB has the discussions with EFL on that and agrees in advance to live with whatever can be agreed ?

9 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

How have you got to seven months?  We went into administration on 17th September 2021 or thereabouts.  I make that just over five months.  And this is a complex case with the size of debt, parties that we owe money to, ground ownership, claims from other clubs.  If it hadn’t been for the claims, particularly MFC as WWFC have yet to formally submit one, we would have had a PB in early January.

Since the resolution of the MFC issue the administrators have asked for formal bids and allowed seven days to submit.  That seemed reasonable.  And it’s common practice for bids to go in at the last minute.

A couple of months ago I posted this table in the “Admins chased” thread.  The average duration for a club being in administration is about 8/9 months. And our case will be more complex than average.

06ABDC35-DE03-49AF-97BF-BE1C9BC29837.jpeg

i understand the complexity and that its going to take longer than other administrations

i just dont have much faith because i have seen zero progress, lets see what happens but i am not holding my breath. reading between the lines it just looks like they havent named a preferred bidder because nobody has the money or interest to buy the club

lets be honest mel really has well and truly ducked us with the tax bill and stadium

50 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

I think the 7 day deadline for bids has been mentioned before. Apologies though, I am not going to trawl back through 840 odd pages to find the reference.

Oh stop being a drama queen!

You and I both know there's no need to trawl all the way back to the start.  That info is clearly somewhere in the last 275 pages!  

snigger-dog.gif