The Administration Thread

Boycie

3 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

But they couldn't get a backer(s)  to complete a £25M rescue package,other media outlets have reported if it goes under he stands to lose £20M+as he is the companys biggest shareholder

Until you posted I knew nothing of "Studio" Ahley is the major shareholder, What MA doesn't have is the "Midas touch" not everything he touches turns to gold, He's also looking to sell more business outlets for around £320 million, Whoever takes us over are going to buy a club with history, Great facilities, A fanbase that can generate gates of 32000 and if they know what's what and we get to the "promissed land" of the Premier League then it's job done and maybe sell and make a healthy profit...but who knows ?‍♂️

i really hope we hear some positive news friday.

i am sick to death of the administrators saying one thing and the opposite happening, how many times had it happened? i got banned a few months ago for questing the administrators (crazy but i move on) and everything i said a few months ago that got me banned has not changed at all and has been said multiple times in the meantime by others.

there has been such little progress made since the administrators have taken charge. the only thing resolved has been the boro case and that wasn't settled by the admins it was settled by mel and gibson.

the preferred bidder status should be one of the easiest bits of the process, the fact is it like pulling teeth to get one seriously worries me that none of the bidders are really willing to put up the money to buy the club which is likely why the admins gambled with results on the pitch.

Edited by alram

Ashley for me…..although right now I’d take anyone at all to save the club. 

He either loves football, or thinks he can make some money (through the club or by advertising and tax deductions with SD) 

He is from the area, is clearly successful and therefore has the sort of ego who would like to stick fingers up at the Newcastle lot….All in all, I can’t see it being anything other than very successful….comparatively to the last 15 years at least. 

15 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Not sure if I’ve missed this, but I’ve not seen anything to suggest the Wycombe issue is resolved. I know owner was flying in for a meeting but not heard anything since. 

Hopefully it’s not another barrier in the road 

Still trying to land at Heathrow

Edited by angieram

17 minutes ago, alram said:

the preferred bidder status should be one of the easiest bits of the process, the fact is it like pulling teeth to get one seriously worries me that none of the bidders are really willing to put up the money to buy the club which is likely why the admins gambled with results on the pitch.

It's easy to get a viable-looking bid from someone and call them "Preferred Bidder" : they then get exclusivity and loads of time to find ways to reduce their offers until they're no longer viable, or to find reasons why they can't compete. It's much harder to find a PB who is fully committed to complete the deal. I hope/suspect Quantuma are looking for the latter, and that's why the Boro & Wycombe claims have been such an obstacle.

1 hour ago, Bobby said:

Excuse my ignorance of financial law/practice but naming a PB doesn’t guarantee they will end up buying? Wigan had several before they were eventually sold, being named PB just gives the bidder a chance to scrutinise the books properly and to try and negotiate with the creditors, if say HMRC stay firm the PB can just walk away.

No, that's true as far as I understand it but then again my finance/law credentials are probably no stronger than yours I suspect. It doesn't deliver any guaranteed solution just a more likely and credible way out of this mess as we will at least have had to satisfy the EFL of funds going forward. Until now all we get are 'interested parties' who might want to buy the club rather than much in the way of actual confirmed bids.

From what we have understood though there has already been a lot of work done on negotiations by the administrators because they needed to know what they were offering to potential buyers. This included negotiations with creditors including HMRC so hopefully (fingers crossed) everyone is more or less on the same page by this stage. I think the reason that the unresolved Boro issue in particular was(?) such a stopper was that it had big implications for HMRC and their slice of pie, just as much as the implications for the value of the club which would have varied depending on that scale of that unquantified/unproven claim by Boro.

Announcement of a PB would definitely be a big step forward if not any actual guarantee. This is DCFC though so you can never rule out drama and much wailing and gnashing of teeth before we're out of the woods.

8 minutes ago, Crewton said:

It's easy to get a viable-looking bid from someone and call them "Preferred Bidder" : they then get exclusivity and loads of time to find ways to reduce their offers until they're no longer viable, or to find reasons why they can't compete. It's much harder to find a PB who is fully committed to complete the deal. I hope/suspect Quantuma are looking for the latter, and that's why the Boro & Wycombe claims have been such an obstacle.

Yes I agree completely

My issue is we shouldn't be taking this long to name one. For me there has to be even deeper problems than previously reported.

We need to grant exclusivity to get on with the takeover and seperate the men from the boys. If they don't meet the requirements then move on to the next bidder. Sitting around and naming no party as a preferred bidder achieves nothing for anybody. The EFL were putting pressure on us to name a bidder way back in December so we can overcome the other obsticles. It is the only thing that will let us move forward, yet still nothing

2 minutes ago, alram said:

Yes I agree completely

My issue is we shouldn't be taking this long to name one. For me there has to be even deeper problems than previously reported.

We need to grant exclusivity to get on with the takeover and seperate the men from the boys. If they don't meet the requirements then move on to the next bidder. Sitting around and naming no party as a preferred bidder achieves nothing for anybody. The EFL were putting pressure on us to name a bidder way back in December so we can overcome the other obsticles. It is the only thing that will let us move forward, yet still nothing

It seemed fairly clear to me from various reports in the media that more than one interested party wanted the Boro and Wycombe claims settled before they'd put in a formal offer - I've even seen it suggested that the Binnie bid specifically excluded responsibility for settling those claims. Naming a PB should only be done when any obvious provisos that they've referred to have been removed, otherwise we'll be naming PBs until the cows come home and doing so prematurely might also scare off interested parties who then take their interest elsewhere.

I know patience is a difficult virtue to master, but IME it beats impatience for results every time.

4 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Unfortunately if he had the means and wanted to do that he had a long time when he could have done that already, for example before putting us into administration, so wouldnt get your hopes up. Unless you're hoping that mel will rebid? If he does I am done

That would be dastardly.....all the grief to try and get 75% off his tax bill..... 

12 minutes ago, alram said:

Yes I agree completely

We don’t know timescales that have to be given to PB at certain stages. 

10 days is probably the minimum time given to prepare formal offers once all the hurdles had been removed. 

Im pretty sure the admins are doing everything they can in a timely manner. 

·        What are the EFL’s biggest concerns on Derby exiting administration?

o   The amount of money required is very significant – over the last 10 years the maximum deal done for any EFL Club is in the region of £30-35 million

o   This figure would not cover the outstanding debt to MSD & HMRC, never mind Football Debts, unsecured creditors and potential stadium costs (including unpaid rent to the stadium company)

o   If they cannot exit according to the Insolvency policy there is the potential for a further 15 point penalty to be applied

I'm sure this has been discussed but what are the terms of the insolvency policy and would a points deduction be applied immediately upon exiting administration or could they carry it over if we look like being relegated this season?