The Administration Thread

Boycie

53 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Other than the EFL and our direct competitors

...or at the very least it isn't not in their interests

Derby not existing really wouldn't have any significant negative effect on anyone outside of Derbyshire.

The liquidation of Derby is not in the interests of the Efl , it might be a vanity project by Parry but it would be a stain on the whole of football and especially the Efl.

9 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Pride Park cannot be used for housing. It's protected I believe.

Not protected you just can’t build housing on a chemical waste dump ?

3 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

The liquidation of Derby is not in the interests of the Efl , it might be a vanity project by Parry but it would be a stain on the whole of football and especially the Efl.

Just one of many stains,

The rest of the footballing world would soon move on, use us as a cautionary tale but otherwise shrug it off as something we brought on ourselves.

We'd be a footnote in history in relatively little time.

1 hour ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Other than the EFL and our direct competitors

...or at the very least it isn't not in their interests

Derby not existing really wouldn't have any significant negative effect on anyone outside of Derbyshire.

Other than the large portion of our fan base who don't live in Derbyshire ?

7 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Just one of many stains,

The rest of the footballing world would soon move on, use us as a cautionary tale but otherwise shrug it off as something we brought on ourselves.

We'd be a footnote in history in relatively little time.

I certainly don’t agree. Anyway it ain’t going to happen. 

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Other than the large portion of our fan base who don't live in Derbyshire ?

Just replace 'Derbyshire' with 'Derby Supporters' then. 

It wasn't meant as a literal statement of geographical fact.

...although from an overall business perspective it probably wouldn't be felt much outside of Derbyshire, or for that long. On a personal basis of course that's different.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

22 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Not sure if that’s a joke or just a reaction to my post Alf 

God knows how many years ago mid to late 60s I guess, But PP was a waste tip, Me and my mates would play on Chadd Park then mooch over to the waste tip across Pipe bridge over the river Derwent...so Tex it was a joke ?

4 hours ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Gibson would not care. He just wants money, and possibly distract his own fans about Boro’s failures at promotion over the last few years. These chairman probably don’t care that much about other clubs or the sanctity of the English game. Also, didn’t he and Boro attempt to bring their own case in front of the league arbitration panel but this was rejected back in 2020?

No he wouldnt care,most owners dont care at the end of the day. The only ones who do care and llve their clubs are the fans.

1 hour ago, SirBrian said:

Do not like this Property developer! PP housing estate!!!!!!!

Hmm, dont think you need worry about that. As already suggested, there are a few constraints to building housing on the site, but even if there weren't, I'd have thought a property developer would prefer to buy the land once the stadium had no value (ie when there's no football club to play in it after liquidation) than spend millions now as a (sort of) going concern (albeit vastly discounted from the £80m valuation) then spend even more millions knocking it down (thus making any housing scheme completely unviable anyway).  I'm also not convinced anybody would want to live there anyway.  

Gadsby and Kirkland were also pretty major property developers but there was never any fear of the ground being bulldozed when they were involved either.  Think we can safely say we have bigger worries then this.

Edited by LazloW