The Administration Thread

Boycie

6 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Indy, I think this is the page David has published before. I dont think 37 and 38 actually help us - the panel were only stating that Boro could not involve themselves in the arbitration claim (in effect it was only a matter for the EFL could pursue initially). On that very same page, item 30, I think the same panel say Boro are not prevented by estoppel for bringing forward a claim once that decision had been made.  I am still mystified though under what EFL provisions Boro could raise a claim against Derby in the first place - David is asking Parry for that answer - and in respect to my comments above why the panel make their comment in item 30. Unless the panel decision is that Boro are not estopped making their claim via legal recourse (i.e. outside of the EFL rules).

From what I remember, they basically said 'Boro couldn't join in the appeal, or effectively start their own disciplinary hearing. But if they wanted to try and claim damages from any breaches we were found of guilty of, they weren't blocked from trying that. But I can't square that with 'Boro trying to complain about the stadium again. The only case that might have even the chance of being allowed to proceed, let alone be successful, is damages for the amortisation breach IMO.

32 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

If only you had as much faith as your owner in 2019 who clearly thinks you were certain to go up.

Please show me where he has said this.

22 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Almost certainly because the Gibbon wanted money directly from Mel - but now Morris has called him out, he's stuck with trying to get it from a company that is effectively bust.....as has been suggested previously, it seems he doesn't get his pronouncements sanity checked before making them public - hope it comes back to bite him on the ardvaark when the main threat to our existence is over....

After Morris gaslit you all for 5 years, what makes you put any trust in a word he says?

19 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

If the EFL enforced their own rules they would dismiss these frivolous claims which breach EFL regulations (clubs cannot pursue action against another club for P&S breaches)

Can you point me in the direction of this rule? Or is this just the statement on us not being able to join the arbitration case actually ruling on your P&S breaches, which doesn't state anything about pursuing damages afterwards?

14 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Why?

We failed the 3 year period to 2017 = points deduction in 17/18
We failed the 3 year period to 2019 = points deduction in 19/20

Under EFL regulations, Derby still would have finished 6th in 18/19 due to no points deductions in that season.

I'm not sure how when the points deductions would be enforced has any bearing on it, that is more to do with Wycombe's claim than our own.

16 minutes ago, BoroWill said:

For those who were asking earlier where the animosity from Boro fans towards Derby fans comes from, it's stuff like this ?

You really underestimate the emotional distress your 'beloved' owner has put on everyone connected with Derby County. Every word to describe Gibson is 100% justified.

Edited by Ghost of Clough

13 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

All @BoroWillhas done is confirmed that DCFC have been punished by the EFL but Gibson doesnt think its enough...by pursuing his present course is vindictively trying to kill our club aided and abetted by Parry.

The man is a piece of work, absolute lowlife scumbag.

Well the Boro fans are to blame as well, because they could stop Gibbon continuing, just like the Derby fans could have stopped Mel spending?

3 hours ago, BoroWill said:

Long time since I posted on here but I logged in to agree that this is by far the most sensible solution that all sides should be pushing for. Morris is the root cause of your problems and our (and Wycombe's) ire. He shouldn't hide behind the convenience of UK company law to avoid having to fix the mess he made.

I'm aware that you will all have strong views on Gibson but I'm 99.9% certain he would support this kind of arrangement, he doesn't want your club to go out of business. 

I do believe that Gibson has a vendetta against DCFC that runs deep

I remember when the story hit the press about his intention to take action against Derby County 3 days before the Play Off final in 2019 - surely a spiteful attempt to upset our preparations for the final - action that was ultimately proven to be wrong regarding the stadium sale

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/05/24/exclusive-middlesbrough-sue-Derby-alleged-breaches-offinancial/

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/middlesbrough-reportedly-set-sue-Derby-2908481

Plenty of Gibson issues since then including recent information from the EFL that his club cannot provide representation for arbitration until May 2022 - a time by which maximum damage will have been done to DCFC, possibly/probably even extinction

I say that he does want our club to go out of business

29 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What does this mean? It's more incredibly limp posturing by the EFL. They are the ones who are supposed to be facilitating a solution. Morris' statement gives the outline of a solution. He's not technically involved in any of this any more, unless he chooses to involve himself. Instead of briefing this, why not just get on with trying to get Boro and Middlesbrough to agree what is in effect High Court arbitration, seeking a commitment from Mel that he will act as guarantor for any losses to the club, and seek agreement from the arbitrators that they won't stop the club being named as respondent? 

What are the EFL actively doing to try to find a solution, other than briefing journalists about how this is all other people's fault, and all other people's responsibility?

(EDIT: Just seen the follow-up tweet. It seems the other parties are indeed moving along with this while the EFL sits and snipes on the sidelines.) 

Edited by vonwright

2 minutes ago, BoroWill said:

Please show me where he has said this.

After Morris gaslit you all for 5 years, what makes you put any trust in a word he says?

Can you point me in the direction of this rule? Or is this just the statement on us not being able to join the arbitration case actually ruling on your P&S breaches, which doesn't state anything about pursuing damages afterwards?

I'm not sure how when the points deductions would be enforced has any bearing on it, that is more to do with Wycombe's claim than our own.

You're a good lad @BoroWill .....

... but if this gets too much just go down on the pitch.

The coppers will see you are a young 'un and drag you out.

Say What British GIF by Focus Features

7 minutes ago, BoroWill said:

It's the rule Gibson quoted when making his original claim, only he excluded the important bit.

image.png.2cca4ef11e49220d30101e4941d3b9b0.png

7 minutes ago, BoroWill said:

It has everything to do with it. That's how the EFL regulations define punishment for P&S breaches (ie not frivolous claims)

Edited by Ghost of Clough
wrong screenshot

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

They've offered to provide tea and biscuits for any meetings held?

They planned to do this. But Morris wanted chocolate digestives and Gibson wanted Hobnobs so they panicked and rang Nixon and said "Of course we wanted biscuits but it is all very, very complicated and did you know that Mel Morris regularly forgets to feed his pet rabbit?" 

7 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

You really underestimate the emotional distress your 'beloved' owner has put on everyone connected with Derby County. Every work to describe Gibson is 100% justified.

I don't underestimate it at all. All I'm saying is you really shouldn't be surprised there are fans on our side who see comments like that and like others in this thread and develop animosity towards your fans and your club. 

3 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

You never answered my post about him passing debts or whatever onto his haulage firm, cant understand why that is legal.

I didn't answer because I don't have an answer, I'm not an accountant. Given that Mel Morris brought it up (and actually said it was legal) and had a representative for his club on the EFL board at the time I'd assume it has been rigorously checked for it's legality.