The Administration Thread

Boycie

13 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

He’s also left things a bit too late. Why didn’t he get involved sooner, before the end of the transfer window, to try and get a resolution  ?

I thought exactly this but I then wondered if he couldn't release his statement until the EFL had ruled on the football/non-football creditor issue when they also mentioned the high court route

9 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Cos he's an attention seeking plonker who buys a cheap coat and tells the world he's buying the club before mouthing off every 5mins like a stroppy teenager?

I've been saying for a while, CK has too much to say, He was here, There, And everywhere telling all and sundry what he is and what he'll do, He's the "type" of person who's invited to a Wedding and pisses people off with his protestations of i've done this that and the other, He came across as tho he'd already won the PB before it was anounced, He's out of the picture that's for sure ? coming across as a bitter man now.

10 hours ago, BuckoBeast said:

So are we going to be alright 

Yes. By offering to throw away the cloak of protection of limited liability that the position of a limited company director affords him, Mel has called Gibson on with the outstanding personal offer of exposing his personal assets as a potential reward to settle the game. If, in the very unlikely event that Gibson wins he would pick up the full amount awarded by the court, not the 25% that a non-preferred creditor would receive under CVA. Also it removes the opportunity for Q to compress Gibson's claim to zero under insolvency law.

If compensation is really Gibson's sole motive Mel could not have made him a better offer.

I await with great interest the next move from Gibson and the EFL. Bring it on.

20 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Marching in Derby where everybody sympathises with the club is a lot different to doing the same in Boro or at the EFL. You can't seriously compare the two situations.

I will be very surprised if the boro match is trouble free.

I think the Usual brilliant away fans at Boro will obviously be great and enjoy the wind up singing their hearts out but many have said on here that there is an unpleasant element at some away games this season who are awful and presumably will be attracted to this game. Others without tickets may just travel. I assume the police will treat as very high risk but trouble would play into EFL and "Derby are nasty" brigades hands

The main issue in all these recent statements is how much everyone supposedly wants Derby county to survive - well now we have a route forwards and the EFL have to take it .

prospective new owners and the administrators know that MM will meet the costs if Middlesbrough and Wycombe win their cases in the high court - Gibson has stated constantly that he will go to court even yesterday, whilst also banging on about MM in every strange statement his club have made. Those two can now go and have that day in court.

Wycombe position becomes stranger by the day as they apparently haven’t even put a case in yet, those as well can go to the High court to settle any claim and get paid if successful. 

The politicians see an obvious way out and can now follow through into the EFL if they do not use their ‘Guidelines’ to save Derby County and allow creditors to get as much money as administration can obtain.

The administrators know that they will be able to achieve a CVA and the majority of creditors get at least 25% of money owed and that is extremely relevant.

The EFL have a chance to save a small amount of face by allowing the administrators to move forward with a preferred bidder whilst not dismissing the two claims of the Middlesbrough and Wycombe owners, the fact that the EFL even invited MM to a meeting was strange enough but he has now covered the club from these claims through the high court. The EFL have been given a big wide open route out of the hole they have dug themselves into and their future existence as well as Derby County rests on what they do next - They also have an awful lot of questions to answer about their conduct in this whole mess but thats part of this ending.

2 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Yes. By offering to throw away the cloak of protection of limited liability that the position of a limited company director affords him, Mel has called Gibson on with the outstanding personal offer of exposing his personal assets as a potential reward to settle the game. If, in the very unlikely event that Gibson wins he would pick up the full amount awarded by the court, not the 25% that a non-preferred creditor would receive under CVA. Also it removes the opportunity for Q to compress Gibson's claim to zero under insolvency law.

If compensation is really Gibson's sole motive Mel could not have made him a better offer.

EFL statement 10pm tonight? ???

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

I’m not sure about your first point.

Whilst I seriously doubt they’ll take the offer up, to accept it should be a good get out for them and prove that all they ever wanted was fair compensation for the loss in income they have suffered as Derby, the club itself, has already been punished in accordance with EFL rules. They could (but won’t) say they accept the offer as it allows them to pursue their legitimate claims without being a barrier to Derby exiting administration because they care so much (not) about a fellow club.

I think they’ll find some way to avoid accepting the offer because they know their best chance of getting anything is to continue to hold DCFC’s future for ransom.

Having thought about it a bit more @Ghost of Clough, I can see your point. By allowing the case to switch to Mel they would be acknowledging it is a bit of a personal vendetta as I assume it would have to be proved Mel did wrong.

As others have said, the only way I can think of Mel resolving this is for the court case to proceed against DCFC but for Mel to underwrite any compensation which, presumably he’d only be able to do if other football creditors were paid in full otherwise B & WW would be treated more favourable than the others.

@atherstoneram, copied you in rather than correct my earlier reply to you.

7 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

I think the Usual brilliant away fans at Boro will obviously be great and enjoy the wind up singing their hearts out but many have said on here that there is an unpleasant element at some away games this season who are awful and presumably will be attracted to this game. Others without tickets may just travel. I assume the police will treat as very high risk but trouble would play into EFL and "Derby are nasty" brigades hands

If we are going to be liquidated then I don’t care. 

4 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

This will be the EFLs reply.

After studying the proposal from Mr Melvin Morris, The EFL and it's legal council have again said that this is a "football debt issue" we can't and wont accept a 3rd party getting involved.

We will not be making any further statements on this issue

18 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Understand the overall sentiment and even agree with it. But I think as soon as you get into the details of what you’re proposing (High Court action) you realise these legal actions are complicated uncertain and expensive and they take ages. Don’t just believe the comments on here that the admins have free and easy access to the court’s diary, that’s a mile from the truth. They might have top priority when it comes to the admin proceedings, but those are narrow proceedings and the likes of Gibbo and Couhig are no part of them. @Brailsford Ramhas been pushing this topic I think would be interested in their input 

I think Mel's offer is masterful. Mel's side will have to negotiate with the High Court to ensure that his offer to transfer liability for the claim from DCFC to himself can be sustained. But if the court approves Mel's offer then the matter is removed completely from the remit of DCFC and the EFL and will simply become MFC v Morris in the High Court. Timescales for settlement there will not affect our club or the administration process. The two parties legal teams can take as long as they want to settle.

4 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

The main issue in all these recent statements is how much everyone supposedly wants Derby county to survive - well now we have a route forwards and the EFL have to take it .

prospective new owners and the administrators know that MM will meet the costs if Middlesbrough and Wycombe win their cases in the high court - Gibson has stated constantly that he will go to court even yesterday, whilst also banging on about MM in every strange statement his club have made. Those two can now go and have that day in court.

Wycombe position becomes stranger by the day as they apparently haven’t even put a case in yet, those as well can go to the High court to settle any claim and get paid if successful. 

The politicians see an obvious way out and can now follow through into the EFL if they do not use their ‘Guidelines’ to save Derby County and allow creditors to get as much money as administration can obtain.

The administrators know that they will be able to achieve a CVA and the majority of creditors get at least 25% of money owed and that is extremely relevant.

The EFL have a chance to save a small amount of face by allowing the administrators to move forward with a preferred bidder whilst not dismissing the two claims of the Middlesbrough and Wycombe owners, the fact that the EFL even invited MM to a meeting was strange enough but he has now covered the club from these claims through the high court. The EFL have been given a big wide open route out of the hole they have dug themselves into and their future existence as well as Derby County rests on what they do next - They also have an awful lot of questions to answer about their conduct in this whole mess but thats part of this ending.

It gives an oppourtunity for the EFL to step back and avoid making any decsion other than Mel and Middlebrough can take this to the High court.  

The EFL are the main problem 

I have said it all along. 

They are an unregulated organisation that is able to do what it likes .

Mel has once again brought this to the fore but will it help. 

The EFL have constantly and consistently stuffed DCFC and MM and now the administrators .

Where this will all end is terrifying as the EFL never listen to grievances from DCFC .

Mel has once again told them the facts and grievances but they never listen 

MPs need to intervene 

The proposal from Mel IMO unfortunately is a non starter as Gibson will say his grievances are against DCFC .

Mel needs to indemnify the buyers. 

Hope he does it. 

Edited by Curtains
Added

3 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

This will be the EFLs reply.

After studying the proposal from Mr Melvin Morris, The EFL and it's legal council have again said that this is a "football debt issue" we can't and wont accept a 3rd party getting involved.

We will not be making any further statements on this issue

Mel was dcfc and the first party at the time of these claims.

2 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

I think Mel's offer is masterful. Mel's side will have to negotiate with the High Court to ensure that his offer to transfer liability for the claim from DCFC to himself can be sustained. But if the court approves Mel's offer then the matter is removed completely from the remit of DCFC and the EFL and will simply become MFC v Morris in the High Court. Timescales for settlement there will not affect our club or the administration process. The two parties legal teams can take as long as they want to settle.

And that's all it is Brailsford...an Offer!