The Administration Thread

Boycie

6 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Fair enough. That’s three reasons then and we don’t need to keep on about whether Wycombe “deserved” to be promoted in the first place or were good enough to “deserve” to stay in the Championship.

FYI, here's a little table of the teams who suffered P&S points deductions.

image.png.178f6efb331c583e2cb6f1cb46c3e38f.png

Inconsistencies throughout.

• Birmingham the most harshly treated
  • Delay in the season Sheff Weds got their penalty
  • EFL's lateness in charging Derby for failed periods

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Birmingham were not harshly treated. They willingly and knowingly broke FFP. So there were no mitigating factors. 

Derby and wendies broke FFP but tried to stay inside. I think wendies got lucky with their six points mitigation for selling the stadium. Did we get that? I doubt it.

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

Agree entirely. I have seen a lot on here of our fans moaning that no one from the football family has been overly supportive of our plight. But quite honestly I really don’t recall anyone on here waving the flag for Bury, nor Wigan, Macclesfield or indeed Bolton. Football fans are a very fickle lot.

The only issue where I would hope/expect other Clubs to be slightly supportive is over the compensation claims from the parasites as this is unprecedented and opens such an obvious chance of a chain reaction which could affect about 30 other Clubs quite easily.

I have no problems with other Clubs expecting us to "take our punishment"...which we actually have, although you wouldn't know it from the comments we get

18 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Hope the City will tell MM he needs to indemnify the club against the 2 claims. Problem is, the court (and buyers) might say there needs to be some sort of bank guarantee in place to back up his indemnity - very expensive if it’s for $50m and potentially running for years. Better option may be for the Council to indemnify the club, then for MM to indemnify the council. 

Obviously the Council think they have some leverage, with the threat to strip him of his ambassadorship. If he IS stripped of it that will certainly be an indication he is not playing ball. 

3 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Birmingham were not harshly treated. They willingly and knowingly broke FFP. So there were no mitigating factors. 

Derby and wendies broke FFP but tried to stay inside. I think wendies got lucky with their six points mitigation for selling the stadium. Did we get that? I doubt it.

3 teams had their punishment halved, the other got points added on top. I'd say that's harsh

6 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I am sorry this is utter one eyed drivel. Morris and Chansiri both completely overspent against FFP limits, and there was no attempt to 'stay inside' (other than by some not so clever accounting and/or (effectively) a fixed asset revaluation disguised as a sale).  

Edited by i-Ram

2 hours ago, i-Ram said:

The Forest ‘dodge’ needs to be looked at, but we would have breached P&S limits whatever FRS 102 compliant amortisation policy we used. The 9 points was for a significant overspend on net transfer fees and players wages, which no amortisation policy could eventually hide. Everything went on and on because Morris was clearly reluctant to submit any accounts for 2 to 3 years.

Watford do the same thing as well with Udenese.

10 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I am sorry this is utter one eyed drivel. Morris and Chansiri both completely overspent against FFP limits, and there was no attempt to 'stay inside' (other than by some not so clever accounting and/or (effectively) a fixed asset revaluation disguised as a sale).  

If everyone who used clever accounting to try and stay within FFP was actually guilty of breaching FFP then most clubs in the Championship will have broken FFP at one time. They’ve all done it. In fact Birmingham sold their ground too and that wasn’t challenged if you want to disallow that then they should have got done for more according to your warped logic.

Solloway spoke on RD about an hour ago - about 11.10 here https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/live:bbc_radio_derby

Not much to say, really, that we didn't already know. She was bound by confidence, by the sounds, but it felt a very much politican answer.

• Complex situation, they talked about how to resolve the stadium/Boro/Wycombe/HMRC.
  • There is another meeting next week. Confident that pressure is being applied to the right people.
  • Also attending the meeting with Mel and Team Derby.

Just now, Animal is a Ram said:

Solloway spoke on RD about an hour ago - about 11.10 here https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/live:bbc_radio_derby

Not much to say, really, that we didn't already know. She was bound by confidence, by the sounds, but it felt a very much politican answer.

• Complex situation, they talked about how to resolve the stadium/Boro/Wycombe/HMRC.
  • There is another meeting next week. Confident that pressure is being applied to the right people.
  • Also attending the meeting with Mel and Team Derby.

It might just be me but I listened to that and felt less reassured about the situation than I did before. 

Just now, Leeds Ram said:

I hope the council and other brokers start to put the screws to Morris and get him to play ball if he doesn't do what is necessary. 

The fact a journalist will be there gives me some hope. Surely Morris would only agree to that if he was gonna do something that would win him some favour.

Just now, twelveincher said:

The fact a journalist will be there gives me some hope. Surely Morris would only agree to that if he was gonna do something that would win him some favour.

Depends on if he cares about his reputation any longer. In previous times he did and also had to try and sell the club that would likely have been made more difficult with a mutinous fan base, let's hope he still gives a damn. 

36 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

27 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Quite harsh for being a tenner over