The Administration Thread

Boycie

JP piece in the Telegraph

"...

It is understood that Quantuma have raised almost £1 million for February through player departures, including youngster Dylan Williams' sale to Chelsea and the exits of Phil Jagielka and Sam Baldock, contingency on other transfers and television money from the EFL.

However, it is understood that one interested bidder - the group fronted by former Derby chairman Andy Appleby - is seriously considering whether to abandon their interest as frustration deepens over the crisis.

Appleby's group, which also includes former Wolves chief executive Jez Moxey, held advanced talks over a potential takeover last week but are now weighing up the prospect of withdrawing their interest.

Two other parties are in contention to purchase Derby, including former Newcastle owner Mike Ashley and American investors Colin and Adam Binnie..."

6 minutes ago, jono said:

Can it be really true that we are “losing” 750k a month barring Tom and perhaps Curtis I can’t see there being that many big earners left .. has ST money been spent ? Maybe it’s cash flow rather than profit/loss ? Curious 

Festy, Cashin, Tommo, Bird, Knight, Buchanan, Plange, Stretton .. who else are the Crown Jewels ? Will there be casualties ? Can we get something across the line and hope the window closes. ? 

Nerve wracking 

99% of football clubs lose money every week - football is broken 

From what I can gather MSD are loaning us more money for the next month, Mel is as you know the guarantor for this so I’ imagine on Friday you will hear some spiel about him wanting to be the hero and ensuring our future for the short term before a buyer takes over, which will happen and I’m fairly certain it will be Appleby from what I’ve been told 

17 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

?

I understand your frustration Mackworth, I really do, but I am not exagerating when I say that not only is this the most complex insolvency process ever in footballing history, it is probably in the top 10 of most complex UK insolvency cases ever in the UK.

I think it was @Ghost of Cloughwho previously outlined the length of time insolvency processes took at other football clubs in the recent past. At not yet 5 months, we are not even at the average length of time on those previous cases (which I think was 9 months), all of which I can assure you would have been more easily resolvable than ours.

Everyone needs to chill. I have no doubts Quantuma are doing the very best they can under the most trying of circumstances, with the eyes of the football world, media and Government upon them. They will want just as much as us fans to get a deal over the line to avoid reputational risk, indeed to enhance future business opportunity. I am sorry those still aiming their venom at Quantuma are misguided. They are in the sh!te because Morris has put them and us there.

Don't disagree with youin terms of the complexities they are grappling with.  I think it's the poor / lack of communication with the supporters that is getting many peoples' backs up.  Clearly, there are sensitive things they cannot disclose, but some indications of progress every now and then would help.

2 minutes ago, Barrytheanon said:

From what I can gather MSD are loaning us more money for the next month, Mel is as you know the guarantor for this so I’ imagine on Friday you will hear some spiel about him wanting to be the hero and ensuring our future for the short term before a buyer takes over, which will happen and I’m fairly certain it will be Appleby from what I’ve been told 

JP in Telegraph

"However, it is understood that one interested bidder - the group fronted by former Derby chairman Andy Appleby - is seriously considering whether to abandon their interest as frustration deepens over the crisis.

Appleby's group, which also includes former Wolves chief executive Jez Moxey, held advanced talks over a potential takeover last week but are now weighing up the prospect of withdrawing their interest."

Edited by RoyMac5

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

JP piece in the Telegraph

"...

It is understood that Quantuma have raised almost £1 million for February through player departures, including youngster Dylan Williams' sale to Chelsea and the exits of Phil Jagielka and Sam Baldock, contingency on other transfers and television money from the EFL.

However, it is understood that one interested bidder - the group fronted by former Derby chairman Andy Appleby - is seriously considering whether to abandon their interest as frustration deepens over the crisis.

Appleby's group, which also includes former Wolves chief executive Jez Moxey, held advanced talks over a potential takeover last week but are now weighing up the prospect of withdrawing their interest.

Two other parties are in contention to purchase Derby, including former Newcastle owner Mike Ashley and American investors Colin and Adam Binnie..."

After the earlier hint that the stadium may the biggest issue and the belief that Appleby's bid involves Sam Rush and earlier claims there was a reluctance to sell to this group, could this all be connected? ?

It's impossible to know just how bad things are with Quantuma because of their "tactical and deliberate" lack of any public communication.

Problem is, every time they do say something in public, it usually makes the perception of both them and the situation worse.

At present, Quantuma are in control of DCFC so all interested parties have to deal with Quantuma.

Once a preferred bidder is in place, I hope and expect things will move.

It's easy to assume the worst in these situations. So I think we should do that.

Can you imagine Steve Gibsons face if they beat us in a couple of weeks and then Derby are kicked out of the league on the 1st March and they have 4 points taken off them as a result…

Who will he sue for missing out on the playoffs then I wonder…

probably Quantuma…

From the latest statement:

‘… providing additional time to seek clarity on the claims from Middlesbrough and Wycombe’

How much time do they need to seek ‘clarity’?! You’ve had months! 

On and on it goes. Trying to keep the faith and stay calm but it’s not easy. 

I fail to see why the claims by Boro and WW would be an issue, I am sure I read that at least 2 of the biders were willing to proceed with the takeover without the Boro and WW claims being resolved. Any legal claim cannot be resolved via the courts whilst we are in Administration, the only other route is an out of court settlement and it doesnt appear that at least 2 of the biders think the claims have much merit so why would they want to settle.

Why would Mel Morris be an issue he doesnt want to be left with an empty football ground 

Edited by Elwood P Dowd