The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Absolutely no idea about his ITK credentials, but from what I've seen he's the most knowledgeable supporter by a mile when it comes to our financial situation and the possible ways out of administration.

Yes he knows the technical stuff. 

whether he has a nose for what is happening is another matter. Unlike some journalists . No names mentioned.

So when the EFL tweeted "due to positive developments over the weekend" they meant positive for them.

If the EFL have agreed to a month's extension, I wonder at what cost? 

I suppose it remains to be seen if this mean we now lose Ebosele for 500k? Tom Lawrence for peanuts etc etc.

Had a PB been announced this week and funding been secured, Wayne would have been able to retain his players and possibly add to them. That would displease Gibson no doubt.

16 hours ago, Bobby said:

It was a big bone of contention back in 2002 when we went into administration that a lot of local businesses went bust on the back of it, didn’t sit right with a lot of fans.

we are also probably the only club to go into Admin and comes out owing more than they went in with after a dodgy loan from Panama from a company called ABC, it was 10 million,1 million a year repayments which was interest only with the whole 10 million due at the end of it, if it hadn’t of been for Briatore and Bernie Ecclestone buying us we would almost have certainly gone out of business, the way they ran the club and tried to turn it into some kind of London Boutique is a different story. (You were one of the first to suffer the huge price hikes if I remember properly) . 

my original post regarding HMRC is valid I reckon, yes 7 million is better than nothing but going forward if they set a precedent they could lose a lot more especially as there’s more than a few clubs circling the drain at the moment.

QPR got away with murder with their fine

49 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

I have thought for a long time that Middlesbrough and WW don't really have a claim that would stand up in court (and they know it). So what other way can we be punished to the max?

Hold on as long as they can and we either go into liquidation or end up staying under embargo, sell our best assets and go down.

I feel that the very fact we have done so well and potentially could do enough to stay up is worrying a few so they are simply dragging things out until we fail. 

Quick question if both claims go to full arbitration and are proven to be false can we go after them for the problems they have caused 

11 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Absolutely no idea about his ITK credentials, but from what I've seen he's the most knowledgeable supporter by a mile when it comes to our financial situation and the possible ways out of administration.

Not the same thing though.

Someone with a reasonable intelligence and knowledge of the rules can extrapolate from the current facts - doesn't however make them right or itk. Just wondered who he was as I've seen him go on before this.

Can we please get back to Accounting matters. There has been much to and fro on here this morning regarding the EFL’s position as to how the amortisation issue was handled. Quite rightly they are getting some stick, in particular regarding the LAP decision and sanction.

However, it is an inconvenient truth that we would have smashed through FFP/P&S limits even if we had been allowed to continue to use Pearce’s VisiCalc football spreadsheeting program. Morris would have known that, at the end of the short lived Rowett era of pragmatic football, but he still went out and spaffed loads more with the arrival of Lampard. He went large, gambling his final cash pot on allowing Lampard to go buy some debatably average football journeymen for big fees, interspersed with some real quality (but no doubt expensive) loan imports. His gamble nearly worked. He was so close to winning the gamble. But like any last ditch, large gamble, it might not work out, and a short few days/weeks later he was cosying up to Samuelson to see what he might recover selling his our football club to a mug foreign entity with a lot more money than morals.

Keep the pressure on the EFL guys, but let’s try and have some reasonable context as to the background here, and who ultimately is actually to blame.

Just now, i-Ram said:

Keep the pressure on the EFL guys, but let’s try and have some reasonable context as to the background here, and who ultimately is actually to blame.

Yeah. But this time we need to put pressure on Q too if there is any sign of us not getting the 'positive' news (as per the EFL) that we want! 

Positive progress my arse. Blah blah, stall stall bull**** bull****... Delay solves nothing except to kick the can down the road and terminally damage any chance of staying up as we risk losing our best players from an already tiny squad hamstrung by being unable to offer any contract extension. Just seems to be a cynical attempt to cause as much harm as possible to DCFC by preventing us naming a preferred bidder who will agree to EFL's demands. Are they hoping that the current noise just dies down a bit and we get bored or resigned to our fate ?

Edited by Alty_Ram

The two main ways of producing enough money to see us through to season end.

1) Do a Wigan and sell your best players ( might not be palatable for a new buyer but at least will give them a clean sheet and low wage Bill)

2) Rush to get a new owner in who can give the assurances EFL are asking for.

Both have risks 1) we’ll go down but like Wigan we can bounce back quickly 2) this could be a disaster imo, god only knows who’ll be taking over.

6 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Understand what you are saying but although it was Morris who pushed us in the canal and I don't think many are arguing with that, it is the EFL and their buddies who are standing on the towpath with a bargepole pushing us back in every time we manage to swim to the edge. They offer a life ring but want us to chuck them our wallet before they'll let us have it or they'll happily let us drown.

We'll if that's the case, I think we all need to get back to battle stations again. 

No point losing the momentum we put in we have all had a break lets get back to it with the MP'S and Social Media again as all the traction we got will be lost and we will need to start the process again. 

The delay is so we can't buy anyone until the window shuts Can't re-sign our own players again and the EFL win again. It's all smoke and Mirrors. 

21 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Can we please get back to Accounting matters. There has been much to and fro on here this morning regarding the EFL’s position as to how the amortisation issue was handled. Quite rightly they are getting some stick, in particular regarding the LAP decision and sanction.

However, it is an inconvenient truth that we would have smashed through FFP/P&S limits even if we had been allowed to continue to use Pearce’s VisiCalc football spreadsheeting program. Morris would have known that, at the end of the short lived Rowett era of pragmatic football, but he still went out and spaffed loads more with the arrival of Lampard. He went large, gambling his final cash pot on allowing Lampard to go buy some debatably average football journeymen for big fees, interspersed with some real quality (but no doubt expensive) loan imports. His gamble nearly worked. He was so close to winning the gamble. But like any last ditch, large gamble, it might not work out, and a short few days/weeks later he was cosying up to Samuelson to see what he might recover selling his our football club to a mug foreign entity with a lot more money than morals.

Yes but we need to keep up pressure on Efl and Gibson. So you saying lampard spaffed all the money, and his only decent signings he made were freebies?

great!

so tell that to gobbo gibbo. We gained no unfair advantage in 2018/ 19 

Edited by PistoldPete