The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

But just possible now that Kirchner has come back into the frame. Otherwise can’t see why Appleby would say he was good to go ??    (itg)

Appleby saying they are good to go might be a tactic to give the administrators a hurry up. If the buyers got the same 'imminent' message as everyone else then they are probably equally as miffed. 

My point was that the reasons for the delay likely haven't changed, it might just be that Quantuma have oversold how quickly they thought they could progress them.

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

This time last year we sold Holmes and Evans because of financial problems. Rooney said “Anyone who wants to go , can”. This year he has said “Only if I say so”. Could Rooney have problems with the Administrators?

Rooney has been applying pressure to the administrators for a bit now, he said after the last game (that he attended), that he will speak to the administrators and should hopefully have an update by the next game (Reading).  I was excited to hear what Rooney had to say, only to be disappointed when I found out he wasn't at the game due to having cold like symptoms. I did think it was a bit suspect for a manager to not be at the game due to having a cold and a covid test showing a negative result, but I suppose that's the world we live in.

All eyes on today's press conference with Rooney.

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

But just possible now that Kirchner has come back into the frame. Otherwise can’t see why Appleby would say he was good to go ??    (itg)

I was wondering about that myself but also he is following wba (who will be expensive) and Birmingham (say no more,,) on Twitter and has unfollowed most ram things

21 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Rooney has been applying pressure to the administrators for a bit now, he said after the last game (that he attended), that he will speak to the administrators and should hopefully have an update by the next game (Reading).  I was excited to hear what Rooney had to say, only to be disappointed when I found out he wasn't at the game due to having cold like symptoms. I did think it was a bit suspect for a manager to not be at the game due to having a cold and a covid test showing a negative result, but I suppose that's the world we live in.

All eyes on today's press conference with Rooney.

I wouldn’t read too much into it, he was probably being careful. Wayne has never shied away from anything 

28 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

Just wondering what a jib is meant to sound like? As it's a ship's sail, perhaps a bit flappy?

About right!

Cough before making yourself look silly  " know your facts "   you were near but not quite hey ? .We can all try to be clever but some of us i guess actually are ? .

From dictionary.com 

One's general appearance or personality, as in I don't like the cut of Ben's jib. In the 17th century the shape of the jib sail often identified a vessel's nationality, and hence whether it was hostile or friendly. The term was being used figuratively by the early 1800s, often to express like or dislike for someone.

Edited by NottsRammy

23 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Appleby saying they are good to go might be a tactic to give the administrators a hurry up. If the buyers got the same 'imminent' message as everyone else then they are probably equally as miffed. 

My point was that the reasons for the delay likely haven't changed, it might just be that Quantuma have oversold how quickly they thought they could progress them.

Think the imminent was a bowel movement by the administrator when CK pulled out as they had not seen that coming because according to him they had stopped talking to his team

11 minutes ago, Orphanram said:

This might have been mentioned elsewhere but with the Stretford/Kirchner association linked to Rooney and the Appleby/Rush connection, could Wayne’s job be at risk because of their conflicting interests in their respective sports agencies? 

Could be but I'm none too arsed if it means the club will continue to exist.