The Administration Thread

Boycie

24 minutes ago, The_Sheriff said:

Whoever saves this club is a hero to me! 

I get that and part of me feels the same, but at the same time I don't want any old Tom, Dick or Harry either (or Adam or Colin). 

I know we're all feeling desperate at the moment and like we haven't got much choice, but need to hold our nerve (which I'm sure the Admin team are doing). I think this whole saga still has someway to run and hope we'll get the best person for the job not just the first one to break ranks. 

If you gave any of us the choice of new owners or no owners we'd all say the same, but also want to make sure we're not in a similar position a couple of years down the line. 

Edited by Ramrob

10 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'm waiting now for something to bring it crashing down, but knowing that'll probably only happen about 10.30 tomorrow morning.

"Deal rejected when all sums were offered in unsuitable crypto currency"

"Rejected as fit and proper owners after refusing to perform star trek cosplay in fron of the EFL board"

"Offer was contingent on the bidder defecating on the pitch at the Riverside stadium 5 minutes prior to kick off"

I would be hoping that any prospective new owner would be willing to do the third…(cockney rhyming slang). 

33 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Have we got a whisky thread?

Anyway, for general purpose all round fine bottle you can't go to far wrong with Jonnie walker black label.

I'm a uni student, I'll enjoy that as much as a £10 bottle!

30 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Take it steady mate. Save enough tomorrow to be fit enough to stroll up to that council shed like a boss.

amanda tanen catwalk GIF by HULU

I've completely lost my head Utch. Just suggested to my housemate we go on a mad one in Manchester tonight.

1 minute ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I'm a uni student, I'll enjoy that as much as a £10 bottle!

I've completely lost my head Utch. Just suggested to my housemate we go on a mad one in Manchester tonight.

For cheap whisky, I'd recommend the Lidl Ben bracken bottles, Isle of Skye 8yo, famous grouse smokie black.

The Lidl bourbon is quite good and cheaper than name brands.

If you go to Manchester - please, don't get farted on whilst you sleep.

Well I have no idea about who these people are but I'm happy to settle for this news for now and pour myself a beer. There's been too many setbacks for me to get too excited yet but perhaps that's just my natural caution! As we have seen with Bury, Wigan and Cov, just being taken over doesn't mean that all is dandy but it's better for now than being consigned to history. Let's see how it pans out before we get too carried away though because there are hurdles before they would even be allowed to take the reins.

Still... about that beer...

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

For cheap whisky, I'd recommend the Lidl Ben bracken bottles, Isle of Skye 8yo, famous grouse smokie black.

The Lidl bourbon is quite good and cheaper than name brands.

If you go to Manchester - please, don't get farted on whilst you sleep.

Any good ones from Aldi? That's where I shop.

I go out in Manchester every weekend! I live here.