The Administration Thread

Boycie

10 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

There's got to be a place available in a league for you to apply for though. They're not just going to expand the league by one team to accommodate a phoenix club which has no legal affiliation with Derby County.

The North West Counties Football League actually took a stance against Bury joining their league once Covid hit, as laid out here: https://www.nwcfl.com/news-articles.php?id=8263 . Also worth reading https://www.nwcfl.com/news-articles.php?id=8403 for info on the final restructure.

If it took a wider restructure of the leagues to get Bury a place at level 10, I'm not sure why you'd be confident of starting at level 6 which has a much less changeable structure. Having lots of away fans doesn't mean you can just force your way in wherever you want. We'd have to wait for someone to drop out.

Also of course we'd have to have somewhere to play, but groundshares are allowed so you'd think we would try to do a deal with Don Amott and move in with Mickleover Sport for a while.

A precedent has already been set with Bury in tier 10 or whatever it was. Also Wimbledon started way down the leagues. We won’t have much away support because there won’t be space for us in these tiny grounds. Are chairman really going to vote for over the top police costs?

Not an easy situation which I hope we don’t have to cross.

13 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

There's got to be a place available in a league for you to apply for though. They're not just going to expand the league by one team to accommodate a phoenix club which has no legal affiliation with Derby County.

The North West Counties Football League actually took a stance against Bury joining their league once Covid hit, as laid out here: https://www.nwcfl.com/news-articles.php?id=8263 . Also worth reading https://www.nwcfl.com/news-articles.php?id=8403 for info on the final restructure.

If it took a wider restructure of the leagues to get Bury a place at level 10, I'm not sure why you'd be confident of starting at level 6 which has a much less changeable structure. Having lots of away fans doesn't mean you can just force your way in wherever you want. We'd have to wait for someone to drop out.

Also of course we'd have to have somewhere to play, but groundshares are allowed so you'd think we would try to do a deal with Don Amott and move in with Mickleover Sport for a while.

And just who in the National League makes way for our arrival?

Probably relegate an extra spot next season and we join from 23/24?

3 minutes ago, Oldben said:

With this in mind, it's time to bring in a sports legal team and finally batter the claims of middlesborough and Wycombe.

Bring in an expert now!

Screenshot_20220120-123212_Samsung Internet.jpg

Yesterday’s news!

Weve moved onto the £7million to cover the rest of the season will be in the bank by the weekend.

3 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I started trying to remove references like that (for taste and decency reasons) but it's not possible with the volume of people calling him it! 

Yes,I do remove the worst of the personal insults but there are so many of them....and then the replies that quote them. We're all like 

hamster GIF

Edited by angieram

13 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Wouldn't there be a natural space made up if we get liquidated? 2 relegated and 3 promoted keeps the championship at 24, with 23 in league 1. They'd then promote 1 more than they relegate, and so on down to the level any phoenix club is allowed back in at. 

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

The claims are made up they know that we know that. 2-3 million would more than sort it out if it was offered 

if the claim by Boro is anywhere close to 40 million and Gibson is deluded enough to believe he's got a substantial claim (which it seems like) then I can't see how 2-3 million would make him back off. I'd bet maybe 3 million could make wycombe go away if they're claiming 6 but with Boro it's hard to see how it doesn't hit or get close to 8 figures. 

15 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

I’m probably being stupid but there would be a space available in (probably) League 1 as DCFC wouldn’t be there, so you would surely do one extra promotion spot from every league down to the one FC Derby of County would enter.

Dont worry, I’m sure the EFL have fully and seriously considered the permutations. Can’t imagine they’d be so incompetent not to have!

3 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Wouldn't there be a natural space made up if we get liquidated? 2 relegated and 3 promoted keeps the championship at 24, with 23 in league 1. They'd then promote 1 more than they relegate, and so on down to the level any phoenix club is allowed back in at. 

2 minutes ago, nottingram said:

I’m probably being stupid but there would be a space available in (probably) League 1 as DCFC wouldn’t be there, so you would surely do one extra promotion spot from every league down to the one FC Derby of County would enter.

Dont worry, I’m sure the EFL have fully and seriously considered the permutations. Can’t imagine they’d be so incompetent not to have!

Good point, hadn't thought about that!

It's me being the stupid one I think!

Edited by Coconut's Beard

12 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Not sure I agree with the telegraph article in terms of conclusion (oh well, it's very sad but actually regulation is bad and it's best left to business to look after itself) but it's a very good summary of the situation and far better than most coverage in the sports pages of our newspapers.

It's entirely in keeping with the political stance of the Telegraph that they would take this view - It's a nonsense of course, something even the most hard line free marketeer must admit is that sometimes external regulation is required. I actually think it's a fairly poor article that is entirely about Bourne sharing his conclusion - If you look at his other articles, it would tell you what he's about!

2 hours ago, GboroRam said:

I'm not sure that interview with Parry is the smoking gun that a lot of people are saying.

Boro accused the EFL of not applying the rules correctly and threatened to sue them if they didn't. EFL backed down/agreed with them and applied their rules.

None of that is unreasonable I'd say. If the EFL disagreed that the rules weren't being enforced they could have called Gibson's bluff and allowed them to sue, as it wouldn't have got anywhere in court anyway.

Did Derby break the rules? There's been resubmitting of accounts and points deductions, so if there's an argument to say we didn't break rules, that ship has sailed now.

All I would say is, we've accepted the punishment and that's the amortisation issue dealt with. Harshly in my opinion, but that's not relevant to the two claims brought by Middlesbrough and Wycombe. Those need dealing with as a grievance, and the EFL needs to do that immediately. If they conclude that there's a football creditor in either case, we're dead and the EFL knocks the final nail in their own coffin, as it becomes open season on any team that ever failed FFP or will do in the future. 

If we get liquidated then surely the administrators should be taking legal action against the four clubs who have  factually ‘cheated’ against us to recover monies for the creditors?

3 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Of course, but Ashley who has great experience of this process in his many lines of business, won’t 1) have a great operating loss to overcome, and 2) he won’t pay more than the figure he wants to pay. 

1) With debts removed, our current wage bill, and say a £25k average attendance through the season I bet we would not be far from from breaking even with the odd player sale now and again from the academy to keep us in check. Obviously tier 2 football will mean squad changes/further cost cutting, but I am still not ruling out the Great Escape (starting with another 3 points on Saturday).

2) Whatever he is prepared to pay will to be covered all creditor claims, and a completely clean exit. He isn’t going to leave himself exposed to contingent claims after exit.

Yeah, I agree. I think another thing that makes me nervous too is if the administrators are funding us via more loans (presumably high interest) how does that affect our attractiveness to buyers. That'll be another 7 million owed with a high interest rate that if we went down to league 1 would further add onto our costs. 

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think it's been said on here to be something like the 4th or 5th none league tier.

The rights to the name *could be bought as part of the liquidation but the new club would be a new club not a continuation club. Although we could just cry that it is until everyone gets board of the argument like rangers did.

Actually someone like Ashley could go out and buy Burton Albion and move it 8 miles to Derby in league one and start playing in black and white and rename the club Derby Rams with no point deductions! - it’s that easy to actually do it - 

Just now, Leeds Ram said:

Yeah, I agree. I think another thing that makes me nervous too is if the administrators are funding us via more loans (presumably high interest) how does that affect our attractiveness to buyers. That'll be another 7 million owed with a high interest rate that if we went down to league 1 would further add onto our costs. 

And what does seeing out the season achieve if we're still stuck between the EFL and Boro/Wycombe claims?

We'll never have as much momentum as we'll achieve over the next 12 days or so.  We need to ramp up the fact we might not exist in a couple of weeks time to force a resolution, appoint a PB and move on.  Carrying on in limbo until the end of the season only delays the inevitable and racks up even more debt.

55 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Course you can. Just don't accuse anyone directly of being corrupt on the forum. 

You're talking about someone who is seeking legal address for up to £45m. He has the funds to claim against the forum and directly from you if he feels like you've defamed him. Is it worth it?

Stick to the facts and keep the accusations out of it, and you will be fine. 

My understanding of "corrupt" is quite general though, it includes impropriety, immorality and so on. Not saying anyone is crooked.