The Administration Thread

Boycie

44 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

There is no way that Efl can come out of this well. 

Gibson’s claim was about the stadium sale, not the amortisation issue. So he was pressurising us to be done for something where we did nothing wrong. 

if we did break the rules on amortisation then the notes to the accounts flagged that policy up in 2016 so why didn’t they act then? 

otherwise we carry on with our financial budgeting thinking we are within the rules when we are not.

Trust me Gboro , Efl are in big trouble on this. 

Work with some Forest fans and they are confused about what is going on. They think it’s over the sale of our stadium.

2 minutes ago, Taribo said:

Alf, you should set up a thread with some of your not so legal old Derby stories, I'd love to hear them and I'm sure a few others would!

There's old men out there that have as many if not more stories than myself, I knew most of if not all at the time, Some have passed on to another world, Some have succumbed to their drink/drugs abuse, I myself am healthy as a 65 year old can be, Single and enjoying life, Moving to an area of Derby soon that will be tranquille and peacefull, Time for me to sit back and enjoy the world we live in, The 70s and 80s were great decades for the like minded, Something that old timers like me can have a few beers over and a smile.

There were a couple of lads from Watford who started the Hooligan Book Genre...Brimson Brothers, Most of it if not all was Fiction, But made them wealthy.

As for the Thread, I'll keep that for my own Audience thanks Taribo ?

12 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think it's been said on here to be something like the 4th or 5th none league tier.

The rights to the name *could be bought as part of the liquidation but the new club would be a new club not a continuation club. Although we could just cry that it is until everyone gets board of the argument like rangers did.

Being British, part of me would prefer that to giving in to Middlesbrough.

The other part would prefer a compromise to make the problem go away.

And the hopeful part hopes that the unfounded claims melt away!

I think that the size of my parts will fluctuate as we head towards the end of January!

3 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

The claims are made up they know that we know that. 2-3 million would more than sort it out if it was offered 

Any agreement would have to be extremely well-worded, otherwise it’ll be an admission of guilt and it would become just the first of many such claims against the club.

2 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I've removed a lot of posts, mainly for posting libellous stuff. 

If you are using "corrupt" or "collusion" in your post really consider the ramifications of what you are writing. 

I've used them quotes, constantly didn't even realised they may have been removed..... 

27 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

If liquidated, which tier could we realistically restart in?

Are we allowed to keep the same name?

(It's not what I want to happen, but I'd like to know the threat.)

I`m pretty sure it would be 1 league down from the conference, so probably Conference North.

I read somewhere that whilst other Phoenix Clubs have started much lower down the pyramid, none of them are close to the size and fanbase of Derby and any clubs lower than this would simply not be able to cope with the amount of away fans that we would take.

10 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I've removed a lot of posts, mainly for posting libellous stuff. 

If you are using "corrupt" or "collusion" in your post really consider the ramifications of what you are writing. 

We can’t defend ourselves then against the EFLs actions !  

4 minutes ago, Betty Swollocks said:

I`m pretty sure it would be 1 league down from the conference, so probably Conference North.

I read somewhere that whilst other Phoenix Clubs have started much lower down the pyramid, none of them are close to the size and fanbase of Derby and any clubs lower than this would simply not be able to cope with the amount of away fans that we would take.

Yes I read that too, can't remember where now though - I've read far too much about our situation lately.

6 minutes ago, Betty Swollocks said:

Never thought I'd get to see the Rams playing a league game in Kettering...

56 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

There is no way that Efl can come out of this well. 

Gibson’s claim was about the stadium sale, not the amortisation issue. So he was pressurising us to be done for something where we did nothing wrong. 

if we did break the rules on amortisation then the notes to the accounts flagged that policy up in 2016 so why didn’t they act then? 

otherwise we carry on with our financial budgeting thinking we are within the rules when we are not.

Trust me Gboro , Efl are in big trouble on this. 

I don't disagree there's issues for the EFL. 

But for the moment we have a grievance against us, and the EFL need to sort it out. 

The interview says Boro were unhappy with the decisions made by the EFL, and threatened them unless they followed their own rules. 

After that, we accepted a points deduction after accepting we had to restate our accounts. 

I see no way you can argue Boro did anything wrong, or that the EFL shouldn't have listened to them. 

We accepted the restating of accounts and the points deduction. That's the result of Boro's challenge against the EFL. The only way to argue that Boro or the EFL did anything wrong is if we hadn't accepted them.  

The ground valuation is a separate issue, which we've been exonerated from any wrongdoing. If they want to revisit it they can, but it's not the issue in hand. I also don't think it would have legs, but after the first hearing about the accounts I would have said the same about amortisation. 

Just now, GboroRam said:

I don't disagree there's issues for the EFL. 

But for the moment we have a grievance against us, and the EFL need to sort it out. 

The interview says Boro were unhappy with the decisions made by the EFL, and threatened them unless they followed their own rules. 

After that, we accepted a points deduction after accepting we had to restate our accounts. 

I see no way you can argue Boro did anything wrong, or that the EFL shouldn't have listened to them. 

We accepted the restating of accounts and the points deduction. That's the result of Boro's challenge against the EFL. The only way to argue that Boro or the EFL did anything wrong is if we hadn't accepted them.  

The ground valuation is a separate issue, which we've been exonerated from any wrongdoing. If they want to revisit it they can, but it's not the issue in hand. I also don't think it would have legs, but after the first hearing about the accounts I would have said the same about amortisation. 

This Rick Parry quote has only recently come to light .

8 minutes ago, Betty Swollocks said:

If the worst happens I am hoping for Conference South so I can go to a few games.

8 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Where have the admins found these funds then? Surely someone outside is investing in? 

There's enough millionairs in Derbyshire and the Country that would be annoyed if we were to be liquidated, Also there's institutions that would be prepared to loan on the strength of our future.