The Administration Thread

Boycie

21 minutes ago, sage said:

Why do people remotely care what 1 idiot on twitter is saying? It's an irrelevance. In the 70s/80s/90s there were tonnes of blokes with no real mates who sat at the end of a bar talking rubbish. People ignored them then. Why listen to them now?

Because it's there for all to see, Bloke in pub talks rubbish a few locals swerve him...bloke posts on twitter where there's a bigger audience. 

11 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

People always think their club is treated harshly and/or others less so. How often do you see people say something along the lines of "the EFL are helping Derby", when our perception is that they were vindictive in their approach to the stadium/amortisation and they've forced relegation on us.
A Wigan fan my point to them having to sell almost every player that had to cover their debts, whereas we still kept Bielik, Lawrence, Bird, Knight, etc.
Other fans may point to Bury and Macclesfield being forced to start from scratch, whereas we've had extension after extension... oblivious to the fact we still had funding to keep us going and had interested parties willing to buy us.

Exactly GoC. It's just 'myside bias'. It's the most common cognitive bias of all so it's entirely understandable. But it's just perception rather than being in any way based in reality. Anyway, hopefully we're at the end of this miserable chapter and we can all move on:-)

1 hour ago, angieram said:

You're joking, right? Have you heard some of the vindictive drivel a certain boisterous minority of our away fans come out with? 

Haha.  Yes, I have heard; though, don't go away very often.

I can hope.  I do not expect.

Thing is though, everyone only sees it from their side.  I can actually see why other clubs are angry.  It just wasn't us, the players, staff, manager etc.  It is the bigwigs - and they will have departed by the new season.  Like it would be with any other club that suffers this.

5 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

And the second should be forced to run naked through the city centre, just to keep things interesting...

I'm not running down St Peters Street.  The morlocks down there are always on the lookout for something to fill the larder and I carry too much timber nowadays to get away.

19 hours ago, Rampant said:

Relax buddy. Clowes is the real deal and all will be resolved asap. That may well be tomorrow but so be it. Announce the deal, confirm Liam as gaffer and that players A, B, C etc are staying all in one day and you can party away. 

Or not. It’s the Derby way!