The Administration Thread

Boycie

Just now, Brammie Steve said:

"Maybe not today, 

Maybe not tomorrow,

But soon, and for the rest of your life!"

Humpfrey Bogart Casablanca

"We'll always have the play off second leg v Leeds"

"Play it Mel, play it for me like you played it for her!"..."You must remember this, when FFPs a miss, and managers can't stand your drone, sell yourself your home "

Love that film.

if clowes can do a deal in less than a week it really does make you wonder why an earth the admins kept extending kirchners deadline

he should have been binned off after the final game of the season when he was given the original deadline

a nice little earner for quantuma though

Edited by alram

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Not saying it's so, but it has been known for 'media' to break a reporting embargo ie news sent out but embargoed until a certain time. But wtf it would be Smooooooth Radio? ? Nowt on SSN atm. ?

Nothing goes Smoothly with Derby. 

2 minutes ago, alram said:

if clowes can do a deal in less than a week it really does make you wonder why an earth the admins kept extending kirchners deadline

he should have been binned off after the final game of the season when he was given the original deadline

Kirchner was a chancer that had got Stratford, Cook and Rooney fully bought in.

I reckon Q understood that if that bid failed then the whole house of cards came down, no buyer, no Rooney, likely liquidation. I think that knowledge drove their behaviour.

I am not defending Q here, quite the opposite in fact because if they had done their due diligence and run the entire process more efficiently we might not have ended up right up against it with no time to do anything.

Clowes have given Q and DCFC a massive, massive get out jail free card. I genuinely think Q were operating on the basis that it's Kirchner or disaster and let that drive their process.

Tl;dr: Q have been a shambles, left themselves in a position where an idiot was leading them by the nose, Clowes have bailed Q and the club out big time.

2 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I reckon Q understood that if that bid failed then the whole house of cards came down, no buyer, no Rooney, likely liquidation. I think that knowledge drove their behaviour.

I am not defending Q here, quite the opposite in fact because if they had done their due diligence and run the entire process more efficiently we might not have ended up right up against it with no time to do anything.

Clowes have given Q and DCFC a massive, massive get out jail free card. I genuinely think Q were operating on the basis that it's Kirchner or disaster and let that drive their process.

Tl;dr: Q have been a shambles, left themselves in a position where an idiot was leading them by the nose, Clowes have bailed Q and the club out big time.

most of the problems regarding kirchner go away if you made him pay a non refundable deposit.

the whole thing has been amateur hour from start to finish.

you are completely right, clowes has saved their asses really. he fell into their lap.

Edited by alram

2 hours ago, Oldben said:

Clubs in League one have to abide by Salary Cost Management Protocol (SCMP). League one, clubs can spend up to 60 per cent of turnover on player-related expenditure.

This is 75 per cent in the year immediately following relegation from the Championship.

If Derby are restricted on transfers, with a severely depleted squad, the advantage is to the best clubs already in league one.

This reminds me of last summer, when Derby couldn't buy players or take loans, the club couldn't get the best free transfers as they were restricted on what salaries they could pay.

Because Derby couldn't trade, until after the sale has gone through, it's now a case that as well as many of derbys players leaving or already left the club, there's a huge team rebuild required.

Many of the best free agents are gone.

Our defense could be the oldest in League one, a physical league.

Out of contract players Curtis Davies (43), Craig Forsyth (33), and Richard Stearman (34) reported back to Derby for training. At present no other club in the country appears to have made these free agents an offer.

How Derby start the season, will play a big part in where they finish. 

Rooney is on record as saying he wanted at least 40 new players to join the club.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/17646712/rooney-demands-players-summer-transfer-derby/amp/

We have a new owner, is he restricted by the efl in what  invest? i think this restriction is for about two seasons?

Where as rooneys name might have encouraged loan signings to join Derby, our new temporary manager will not have the same ability.

Wages. Even if we were severely restricted on what we can pay out (50%), We would still be ahead of everyone else in the league except for Ipswich and Sheff Weds.

40 Players. Rooney was on record saying we need to sign up 40 players. That included the players already at the club but coming to the end of their contracts. Essentially leaving us with a 23 man squad for the first team and U23s. What you think is 40 players is actually more like 10 at most.

Restrictions. Wigan could spend on transfers as soon as they exiting administration via the same method we will be. The real restrictions won't be what the EFL impose, it'll be what DC is willing to put in.

57 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Special rules apply for teams who have just been relegated. I think its 75% in first year or something. Either way I don't think the wage cap is the issue.. having enough players is more of a problem. 

Kevin McGuire explained this on Radio Derby the other night, basically the % relates to turnover generated through normal commercial activity ( ticket sales , corporate)  you can however spend 100% of any additional £ received from transfer fees re ( Malcolm and any others that leave for a fee) plus any additional income an owner puts in 

Derby actually will once takeover goes through  ?? be in a very strong position, no debt and no deadwood players impacting wage bill

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

Exactly. It's a target date, an objective. There may be consequences in missing it - players becoming frustrated and signing for others, a day's less preparation for the manager etc - but real deadlines are when all that you've worked for goes in the bin, or the loan shark nails you to a door, if you miss them. 

Chill, if you can folks. The takeover is going to be completed, if not today, then tomorrow. 

Also worth noting that the target date for completion is the date for all parties to have done their bit, all money transfers and checks to have been completed on the money, all documents formally signed off by solicitors, the EFL, etc

...but you can guarantee who that if it doesn't happen today, it'll collectively be decided that only one party haven't done their bit and it's their fault.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

6 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I agree that Quantuma felt Kirchner was basically it, especially if they had had no other viable bids made at that stage (6 months+ into the process).  And it absolutely made sense to give him as much chance as possible to complete the deal.   But I still don't see how it makes sense for Kirchner to be a proper chancer.  I just don't get what's in it for him.  The only thing that makes any sense for me, is that he did intend to buy the club, but either he genuinely had problems transferring the money over or got cold feet at the last minute.  He's convinced so many people that he was genuine (Quantuma, the EFL, Cook, Rooney, Stretford, Preston and so on), burned through a load of his own cash and trashed his reputation over here, for seemingly no gain at all.

1 minute ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Also worth noting that the target date for completion is the date for all parties to have done their bit, all money transfers and checks to have been completed on the money, all documents formally signed off by solicitors, the EFL, etc

...but you can guarantee who that if it doesn't happen today, it'll only be one party getting it in the neck.

The wrong people 

4 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

I agree that Quantuma felt Kirchner was basically it, especially if they had had no other viable bids made at that stage (6 months+ into the process).  And it absolutely made sense to give him as much chance as possible to complete the deal.   But I still don't see how it makes sense for Kirchner to be a proper chancer.  I just don't get what's in it for him.  The only thing that makes any sense for me, is that he did intend to buy the club, but either he genuinely had problems transferring the money over or got cold feet at the last minute.  He's convinced so many people that he was genuine (Quantuma, the EFL, Cook, Rooney, Stretford, Preston and so on), burned through a load of his own cash and trashed his reputation over here, for seemingly no gain at all.

We can only assume he had money problems allegedly due to crypto crash in USA

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/markets/cryptocurrency/crypto-crash-leads-to-firesale-of-hardware/articleshow/92530963.cms

Edited by Curtains
Added

22 minutes ago, alram said:

I suspect a lot of the groundwork was done during the period CK was claiming to be the messiah. If DC is happy to go along with the vast majority of the deal that CK and Q had agreed, then the conclusion would be a lot quicker......

5 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

I suspect (with absolutely no evidence to back my claim up) that Kirchner has been burning through other people's cash to get this far, not his own.

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

He'd cashed out years ago. Or so he said. You're giving him too much credit, nothing but a time waster and tyre kicker who liked to surround himself with celebrity to feel important.

Just now, ThePrisoner said:

He'd cashed out years ago. Or so he said. You're giving him too much credit, nothing but a time waster and tyre kicker who liked to surround himself with celebrity to feel important.

Do you believe he cashed out years ago or have you proof !