The Administration Thread

Boycie

16 minutes ago, CaptainOx said:

Pleased for you as a fanbase - you've had to suffer enough!
Also on a personal (selfish) note as it means the city I live in continues to have an EFL football club, and a big one at that. I've enjoyed some fantastic days at Pride Park since I've lived here.

Not so pleased that it sounds like you might be in a position to sign on players much quicker than it was looking like!
I suppose if you beat us on opening day, the banter from the in-laws and friends will be over nice and early!

Don't worry about it, you've always got the boat race to look forward to ?

5 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Love the statement, this part here confirms that despite all the speculation and conspiracy theories Quantuma have been working quietly and with the EFL to resolve this. Hopefully everyone can focus on the positives moving forward now ? 

EA249BFF-7A76-4314-A861-DF3BFDBEF381.jpeg

Good post. Despite the speculation I also believed there was no out and out war between Q and EFL. It would make no sense whatsoever. 
The fist snippets of the good news refer to an interim loan which means that whatever happens we will be watching football at PP which is just fantastic. 
2 things spring to mind.
1) I get the feeling that an interim loan just simply wouldn’t have happened if the bid hadn’t already been accepted by Q on behalf of the creditors, so I have the feeling that we might just have a done deal from a well founded investor right now. 
2) Will any embargoes (beyond financial prudence and EFL business plans) now be removed ? .. I.e. can we offer normal contracts to new and existing players or will the EFL throw some tacks in the road in order to affirm their need to be the masters of this affair ? 

Now I don't want to sound like a 'Killjoy', but with DC being a wealthy, local businessman who is also a life-long Derby County fan, have we not all heard something not too dissimilar to this before from a certain Mel Morris?  Just sayin'!

Just now, TomG said:

Now I don't want to sound like a 'Killjoy', but with DC being a wealthy, local businessman who is also a life-long Derby County fan, have we not all heard something not too dissimilar to this before from a certain Mel Morris?  Just sayin'!

Yes we have but come on please don’t be a cynic that’s too easy. 

1 minute ago, TomG said:

Loads of other clubs that do well with local businessmen that are fans, one anecdote isn't a full trend.

36 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I didn't realise how much this was affecting me. I was convinced I wasn't that bothered. I've lost my grandmother last week and have other issues and thought there were more important things in life.

I'm not too ashamed or masculine to admit that after reading those Clowes press release snippets on Twitter, I realised my eyes had welled-up a little and I have let out a massive sigh. I now want to have a celebratory drink and put this nightmare behind me.

I am however realistic enough to know that the football side could well be a struggle for a few years, and I have no expectations, but to know that my home-city club, a club I followed home and away for most of my adult life, a club that I committed thousands of pounds to over the years, a club that has made me laugh, smile, groan and sob, will continue to exist means a lot to me personally.

Cheers boys and girls.

Mostyn, you’ve inspired me to quote Shakespeare’s Henry V
??❤️

We few, we happy few,

we happy band of brothers

for he today that shares his Bass with me

shall be my brother. 

1 minute ago, TomG said:

I alluded to this last night. Clowes is a reluctant hero/owner, whereas Morris' ownership was fuelled by Ego and delusions of grandeur. It was evident at Breakfast Club that he wanted to be regarded as a god-like being for splashing his cash.

I am convinced Clowes will become owner out of love and duty.

2 minutes ago, TomG said:

The acid test for me will be who he appoints as CEO. If he appoints an experienced guy, preferably with football experience, and lets them get on with it, then I think we'll be fine - Garry Cook/something to do with Appleby/whatever.  If he appoints himself then I'm going to be worried.

1 minute ago, jono said:

Good post. Despite the speculation I also believed there was no out and out war between Q and EFL. It would make no sense whatsoever. 
The fist snippets of the good news refer to an interim loan which means that whatever happens we will be watching football at PP which is just fantastic. 
2 things spring to mind.
1) I get the feeling that an interim loan just simply wouldn’t have happened if the bid hadn’t already been accepted by Q on behalf of the creditors, so I have the feeling that we might just have a done deal from a well founded investor right now. 
2) Will any embargoes (beyond financial prudence and EFL business plans) now be removed ? .. I.e. can we offer normal contracts to new and existing players or will the EFL throw some tacks in the road in order to affirm their need to be the masters of this affair ? 

Good points.

1) My guess is that the loan conditions are "whoever buys the club pays back this loan" is part of it in case Clowes bid isn't accepted. Clowes probably knew enough from the CK bid to put something similar in place.

2) I think they only get removed once the club is out of administration. However, the EFL have to be mindful there's a season starting very soon - so I'd imagine limited sensible moves will be allowed "at the EFL's discretion"

Just now, Mostyn6 said:

I alluded to this last night. Clowes is a reluctant hero/owner, whereas Morris' ownership was fuelled by Ego and delusions of grandeur. It was evident at Breakfast Club that he wanted to be regarded as a god-like being for splashing his cash.

I am convinced Clowes will become owner out of love and duty.

Will you have breakfast with this one too?

1 minute ago, uttoxram75 said:

Mostyn, you’ve inspired me to quote Shakespeare’s Henry V
??❤️

We few, we happy few,

we happy band of brothers

for he today that shares his Bass with me

shall be my brother. 

In the Dolphin lol