The Administration Thread

Boycie

19 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Firstly, it is very important to state that we absolutely understand the frustration and distress of the fans, particularly since the turn of the year. We receive a huge quantity of correspondence daily and are also aware of the considerable press reporting and social media activity. Clearly, some of the reports have been closer to the truth than others.

Oh g'wan don't tease, which ones!?

6 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Good communication for a change - although I wish I hadn't read it!

The only bid we've received that met the 2 criteria laid out has been withdrawn and its getting late in the day now for another - especially as costs keep rising.

We need someone to move quickly with a substantial bid otherwise the EFL will be flexing their muscles ? 

They're very positive that MSD are now so deep in on this they'll lend the money to keep the club going for the season in league 1 rather than risk things going kaput. 

I also read it as nothing on the table at present satisfies the conditions to exit administration and remain in the league.

19 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Before a sale is finalised, there is an immediate requirement to secure the short-term future of the club, to allow players to be signed, issue season tickets for sale and to secure commercial agreements, as well as our best intentions to bring the uncertainty for staff and supporters to an end as soon as possible.

Well come on, this is kinda good - we keep going, we are Derby!

23 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Not really down to me is it 

If you had a little self awareness then you would realise by now that this protracted argument you're inflicting on people really should be now had via personal messenger or just canned full stop.

Fill your boots though. 

It's posts like this that should be binned. 

You are moaning about a debate you're not interested in to argue that you shouldn't be reading it. 

I think proof that over £100 million of money is either owed in loans or not is quite a big subject in a thread with the title of "Administration" 

And you're extending it into an argument of whether or not you find it worth reading. And then arguing the point. 

Which posts need binning again? 

4 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Same as I am sure all builders arent tax dodging mysogynistic layabouts who yell at women out of vans and all football fans arent beer swilling hooligans wearing football shirts 3 sizes too small with loads of tattoos.

Oh no you've ruined it now.....

Edited by Tyler Durden

22 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

We are having extremely positive and productive discussions with interested parties in relation to the short-term requirements and are confident of those discussions leading to a sale thereafter which will secure the club’s long-term future.

We do not, however, believe that imposing ‘hard deadlines’ are the answer at this stage. You will recall that we imposed deadlines earlier in the process which were not adhered to by bidders. We were then heavily criticised for extending those deadlines.

This made me laugh out loud.

24 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

In reality, no bids were received that were suitable to be recommended to the EFL for approval i.e. none that fell into category 1 or 2 above. Had we not extended the deadlines the alternative would have been to place the club into liquidation at that stage which no fan wants.

Cheeky fookers!

4 minutes ago, Norman said:

It's posts like this that should be binned. 

You are moaning about a debate you're not interested in to argue that you shouldn't be reading it. 

I think proof that over £100 million of money is either owed in loans or not is quite a big subject in a thread with the title of "Administration" 

And you're extending it into an argument of whether or not you find it worth reading. And then arguing the point. 

Which posts need binning again? 

laughing-hilarious.gif

26 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

We agreed with the EFL that we would report to them once we received a bid that satisfied 1) or 2) above, which Chris Kirchner’s bid did. Now that Mr Kirchner’s bid has been withdrawn, we will again report to the EFL upon receipt of a bid that satisfies 1) or 2).

So not Appleby's latest bid.

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I went to Uni with a guy who did a Physics degree who went on to train as an actuary.

I can't think of anything else positive to say about him ?

This was about 25 years ago mind.....

I went to school with a nice lad but a bit thick, He turned out to be a thief, He spent 5 years in Strangeways, Once released I saw him in my local boozer, Alright Alf he said...How's things Mick, Alf he said I've pinched a couple of paintings, One worth £1 million the other worth £2 million, Come and have a look at em they're in the car, I followed him outside, He lifted his boot lid and I took the paintings out, I said to him you've burgled an estate agents

27 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

We are bound by confidentiality agreements and so we cannot release the identities of the parties who have come forward, nor can we release any detail in relation to their interest or bids. However, all interested parties know that it is in their interests to be in situ as soon as possible in order for them to put together a competitive playing squad and secure valuable commercial contracts whilst giving staff and fans certainty for the future. The club does not have the luxury of time, and so, even without hard deadlines, the club’s future must be secured very soon.

Further to the EFL’s statement last week we fully understand their need to ensure that Derby County FC can fulfil its fixtures next season for the integrity of the league competition...Very positive discussions regarding funding and the sale of the club are ongoing.

Imminent then.

25 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

"Thank you for your email. We also note Trevor Birch’s response on behalf of the EFL.

Firstly, it is very important to state that we absolutely understand the frustration and distress of the fans, particularly since the turn of the year. We receive a huge quantity of correspondence daily and are also aware of the considerable press reporting and social media activity. Clearly, some of the reports have been closer to the truth than others.

Before a sale is finalised, there is an immediate requirement to secure the short-term future of the club, to allow players to be signed, issue season tickets for sale and to secure commercial agreements, as well as our best intentions to bring the uncertainty for staff and supporters to an end as soon as possible.

Once the short-term future of the club is secured, the minimum requirements for a bidder to be referred to the EFL for consideration are:

Bidders to submit offers that pay football creditors in full, pay 25p in the £ to other creditors (or 35p in the £ over 3 years) and propose a suitable solution for the club’s ongoing occupation of the stadium.

If such offers are not received, the next possibility is for offers that pay football creditors in full and propose a suitable solution for the club’s ongoing occupation of the stadium. In this scenario, where less than 25p in the £ is paid to other creditors, a 15-point deduction would be imposed for next season (depending on when a sale completes).

If neither 1) nor 2) is met, then it is unclear what position the EFL will take.

In either scenario 1) or 2) the costs of the administration need to be settled. The vast majority of these costs are the ongoing trading losses that the club sustains on a monthly basis and within that the biggest cost by a distance is payroll and associated costs. The options the administrators had to reduce costs were to make widespread redundancies, sell more first team players in the January transfer window and reduce the club’s Category 1 Academy status. It was decided not to do so in order to maintain the club in as strong a position as possible for a buyer and to give the first the team the best possible chance of avoiding relegation. It has been to date, and remains, extremely challenging managing cash flow each month in what remains a heavily loss-making business. Contrary to speculation Quantuma has not drawn any fees to date. The basis of drawing fees is set out in the joint administrators’ proposals report that was issued in November. It has not changed since, although considerable time costs have been incurred which will not be fully recovered. It is not in Quantuma’s interests financially, to allow the administration to become unnecessarily protracted nor for the companies to be placed into liquidation.

We are having extremely positive and productive discussions with interested parties in relation to the short-term requirements and are confident of those discussions leading to a sale thereafter which will secure the club’s long-term future. We do not, however, believe that imposing ‘hard deadlines’ are the answer at this stage. You will recall that we imposed deadlines earlier in the process which were not adhered to by bidders. We were then heavily criticised for extending those deadlines. In reality, no bids were received that were suitable to be recommended to the EFL for approval i.e. none that fell into category 1 or 2 above. Had we not extended the deadlines the alternative would have been to place the club into liquidation at that stage which no fan wants. We agreed with the EFL that we would report to them once we received a bid that satisfied 1) or 2) above, which Chris Kirchner’s bid did. Now that Mr Kirchner’s bid has been withdrawn, we will again report to the EFL upon receipt of a bid that satisfies 1) or 2).

We are bound by confidentiality agreements and so we cannot release the identities of the parties who have come forward, nor can we release any detail in relation to their interest or bids. However, all interested parties know that it is in their interests to be in situ as soon as possible in order for them to put together a competitive playing squad and secure valuable commercial contracts whilst giving staff and fans certainty for the future. The club does not have the luxury of time, and so, even without hard deadlines, the club’s future must be secured very soon.

Further to the EFL’s statement last week we fully understand their need to ensure that Derby County FC can fulfil its fixtures next season for the integrity of the league competition. As confirmed by Trevor Birch we are having daily calls with the EFL to provide updates on progress and that will continue for as long as is necessary and appropriate. As ever, any prospective owner of Derby County FC will be subject to EFL approval and will be required to satisfy the Owners’ and Directors’ Test. Once funding is confirmed for the duration of the season, we will be able to discuss with the EFL the terms of any business plan. Very positive discussions regarding funding and the sale of the club are ongoing.

Kind regards

Carl Jackson & Andrew Hosking
Joint Administrators of The Derby County Football Club Limited and associated companies "

Oh dear , pretty grim reading again. .so Kirchner was the only offer that would have allowed us to keep Golden share? Maybe that explains the rather desperate choice of CK as PB.  I don't really get all the noise being made by Binnies, Ashley and co.. if they didn't offer enough to keep us in the League why would they expect to be chosen as PB?  

3 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Oh dear , pretty grim reading again. .so Kirchner was the only offer that would have allowed us to keep Golden share? Maybe that explains the rather desperate choice of CK as PB.  I don't really get all the noise being made by Binnies, Ashley and co.. if they didn't offer enough to keep us in the League why would they expect to be chosen as PB?  

It's not desperate, by their own explanations it was an offer they couldn't refuse.....