The Administration Thread

Boycie

17 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

Clips of Derbys goal against Barnsley were tweeted milions of times around the world . Not saying that Derby are in the same League as Chelsea atm , but £45 million seems a snip compared to £4.5 billion even taking account of all these factors.    

Your £45 million for Derby gets you nothing though - no players, no stadium, league 1 and a big cut in tv money. The only thing Derby has is the vague hope that they might one day get into the premier league. And even if Derby do get into the premier league they still won't have the same reach as Chelsea do.

2 minutes ago, Gladram said:

Yep, we lost as we didn't have an expert witness to counter the EFL's one.

And the LAP said that the IDC shouldn't have dismissed Professor Plumb's evidence, even though it was risible bollo. 

Even The Baron seems to agree that the EFL were hell bent on getting us sanctioned. 

8 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm not even sure this is correct. I don't remember them saying it was not compliant, wasnt the issue more to do with the IDC ignoring the expert witness?

Yes, but that only meant the LAP used the only expert witness' evidence to deem the policy non-compliant.
Final decision staed we were non-compliant with respect to the P&S rules (essentially FRS102). Then ordered to submit accounts compliant to FRS102. 

image.png.5c1a5937cf4ff95a87ac7de3f3c9558e.png

image.png.072a9f67e6766009f0c0d7e1895b02ff.png

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

The one sorry thing for me is that this allowed every man and his dog to call Derby County cheats. 
 Grossly unfair IMO as we were guilty of nothing other than Mel feeling he had no other option than Administration 

So what would you call not paying the PAYE on players earnings then using that money to improve your squad?

also how soon after the takeover does the creditors meeting take place?

I know someone who works for HMRC and have been told that those higher up are a bit twitchy about “helping out a football club” when half the country can’t pay their gas bills.

5 minutes ago, Bobby said:

So what would you call not paying the PAYE on players earnings then using that money to improve your squad?

I know someone who works for HMRC and have been told that those higher up are a bit twitchy about “helping out a football club” when half the country can’t pay their gas bills.

It's not going to help those who can't pay their gas bills if HMRC get zero return from Derby's liquidation. Has your mate got any feedback from those higher up about that possibility? Because it is relevant, whether you think so or not. 

For the record, I don't like the fact that Mel Morris has decided he won't or can't pay DCFC's tax bill, but as a pragmatist I know what will cause greater damage to the local economy and national tax take in the medium term, and that's the liquidation of DCFC. 

10 minutes ago, Bobby said:

Nope. Somewhere along the line, there's BS in this!

1 hour ago, Unlucky Alf said:

The HMRC have their own laws and methods, There's no straight line where they have a rule book.

I was chased, Harassed, Had letters of a threatening nature of fines and continued fines if I would not investigate my deceased Brothers Tax Affairs(self employed)my mistake was clearing his debts, Cancelling his PIP payments and burying him.

If it wasn't for one particular HMRC employee who looked into his last 2 years of taxable work I would have a stack of letters or even a court date to attend, And the shocking thing is, They owed him £20 and a few pence.

Ladies and Gentlemen I give you an organisation that duck over the little person and leave those that have amassed billions of £s from wrongful  Covid-19 payments

Yes, as with many parties involved in the DCFC case they are another who I have some difficulty in feeling sorry for. If they have lost out well tough. I would prefer it if Morris had paid the tax but don’t take it out on DCFC fans if he doesn’t. 

I feel more sorry for the small businesses who lose out and the guys who lost their jobs. 

16 minutes ago, Bobby said:

I am fairly sure that Derby sold a lot more players than they signed , and for a lot less than they received , since the pandemic started. They did not improve the squad , which is one of the reasons we are in League one. The other is a 21 point deduction. How many points were qpr deducted for far worse breaches of FFP?

Edited by PistoldPete

10 minutes ago, Bobby said:

Perhaps QPR can pay us some compensation and we can donate it to the cause.  It's called the Gibson syndrome.

I know someone who ? Why are you here ?.  Bore off. 

37 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Yes, but that only meant the LAP used the only expert witness' evidence to deem the policy non-compliant.
Final decision staed we were non-compliant with respect to the P&S rules (essentially FRS102). Then ordered to submit accounts compliant to FRS102. 

image.png.5c1a5937cf4ff95a87ac7de3f3c9558e.png

image.png.072a9f67e6766009f0c0d7e1895b02ff.png

You'll note that they stopped short of saying that they were not compliant with FRS 102!

Very sneakily worded.

Lots of businesses go into administration every year. Is it not the case that many of them will have done so because of outstanding tax bills? So it must be fairly common practice for HMRC to balance getting something and taking a bit of a hit or getting nothing at all. On that basis they must ‘help out’ a lot of private businesses in order to get some public benefit.  Not sure what being a football club has to do with it.

It’s a crying shame that taxes aren’t paid and it increases the burden on the rest of us, but I don't see why there should be too much consternation from HMRC; any criticism must surely be levelled at Mel for this?

23 minutes ago, Bobby said:

Genuine question, not to be rude or anything but you’re a QPR fan right? The season is over, it’s 10.30am on a sunny Friday morning, how does jumping on a Derby County forum to talk about your mate at HMRC appear so highly on your to do list?

I mean, we’re just a League 1 club now, you’re in the Championship, there is no rivalry here despite your cheating in the season you went up. We no longer have sleepless nights over Bobby Zamora and Richard Keogh, it’s gone, in the past, history.

I just find it a little bizarre unless you have been sent here on a mission by the gas bill paying public to see us liquidated so they can fuel their homes this winter.

Don’t QPR need a manager? So it’s not as if you haven’t got talking points to go over with your fellow fans, or is Wayne Rooney more sexy than what you are being linked with? If so there’s 50% off shirts in the club shop if you want to switch clubs?

20 minutes ago, Bobby said:

I have two sons that work for HMRC and they’re fine with it??‍♂️

7 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Perhaps QPR can pay us some compensation and we can donate it to the cause.  It's called the Gibson syndrome.

I know someone who ? Why are you here ?.  Bore off. 

I see no reason why we can’t sue QPR and any payment can be forwarded to the creditors - what possible objection could they or the  EFL have?

29 minutes ago, Bobby said:

You don’t realise how much it cost Mel to fight these EFL vindictive actions do you .

Ever heard of Covid .

Are you a QPR fan if so please don’t lecture me on getting around FFP etc 

35 minutes ago, Bobby said:

Glad to know we've improved our squad since losing in the Playoff Final to Villa. I wonder where we'll finish in the PL this season...

Whether you actually have heard something and whether they're twitchy or not doesn't matter. Everything has already been agreed with creditors.

7 minutes ago, Curtains said:

You don’t realise how much it cost Mel to fight these EFL vindictive actions do you .

Ever heard of Covid .

Are you a QPR fan if so please don’t lecture me on getting around FFP etc 

He's a QPR fan who thinks it's funny to name himself after a QPR and Forest legend. Reality is 99% of Derby fans would have forgotten all about him until his name popped up the other day... claiming to be a big Forest fan nowadays because their fans bought posters of him to hang up in their bedrooms after our playoff defeat in 13/14