The Administration Thread

Boycie

4 minutes ago, derby8 said:

Agree, seems a capable business-man if not a billionaire. He'll prob try and run DC as a sustainable club and aim to work up the Leagues. Should get out of L1 in a year or perhaps 2. Championship could take some time, it will be more down to management than loads of money.

Perhaps later in the summer ck could set out the financial picture in a way we can all understand.

And of course, within the agreed business plan.

Even if Kirchner didn't want to spend a lot, for the first 2 years he can dump blame for that onto the admin and EFL agreement.

I suspect you're right and he's far more in the GSE mould. 

22 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I'm still not 100% convinced we will be able to offer new contracts until the takeover is complete and I would imagine we will still be under EFL restrictions with regards to transfers. The

I wondered if this is why the (ambitious) closing date of 31/5 was included in the statement. A lot needs to happen by then (court orders in particular), so it’s bold. But it’s there in black and white and it’ll surely be used to ward off our players’ agents who are looking for new contracts, and to encourage incoming talent.

Hope Wayne finds someone else to carry Colleen’s bag he needs to make some calls 

32 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

I see the doom-mongers are still scuttling around. The first bit of confirmed progress we've had in months yet they just can't resist putting in their pessimistic comments - you do have to wonder if everything else in their lives is surrounded in negativity.

Most fans who have endured the last couple of years will probably agree that all is not now cut and dried but let's enjoy the fact that at last there is some light at the end of this dark tunnel and it doesn't automatically mean there's a train coming full pelt towards us.

Today is a good day, we've not had many of them recently so for pity sake enjoy it!

I don’t think it’s a case of negativity it’s the fact the last 2 years we’ve had good news be shot down pretty fast, why get carried away when there’s still a chance he can walk? When the deal is done that’s time to celebrate, i can’t lie im excited very, but also wary of what’s happened to us, it’s been so hard on a lot of people including me, so to still have concerns doesn’t make you negative just don’t want to jump the gun again!!

3 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Rooney's agent likely to join the board. 

While I trust the process, because, well what other choice is there, this does worry me a touch, given the way it unfolded with Sam Rush.

Won't have the "free hand/prem expectation/oodles of Dosh" that Sam rush had. But I totally get the concerns.

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

Bit puzzled by Q’s wording. They say that one condition is consent of ‘secured creditors’, which I’d thought must be MSD.  
Would be an odd way of referring to HMRC. Don’t quite get it 

Isn’t there something conditional about leaving administration that says certain of the creditors have to agree to the proposed repayment terms/plan? I’m easily confused by the whole thing but seem to recall other posts and media articles suggesting as such. 

Hopefully in a case of “would you like 35% of moneys owed paid over 3 years versus 0% of moneys owed paid back never” the creditors will agree swiftly! 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Isn’t there something conditional about leaving administration that says certain of the creditors have to agree to the proposed repayment terms/plan? I’m easily confused by the whole thing but seem to recall other posts and media articles suggesting as such. 

I'd guess that they cannot say it's agreed with creditors until it's officially been agreed with creditors - so there's more process to work through (I doubt it'd be controversial, creditors must know this is the best they can hope for out of the situation) so Q have to say that as part of their position.

The big one is still the stadium.

HMRC probably could make it go tits up but I doubt they would at this point.

Apologies if it's already been mentioned, but one thing I've found interesting this past week or so is the complete lack of so-called breaking news stories from the likes of Nixon, who has simply been responding with monosyllabic click-bait answers to questions on Twitter.  If you read Kirch's posts last night, I think Q and him have kept a very tight ship sorting out the final details, and not involved the EFL.  No EFL, no leak to Nixon.