The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, BuckoBeast said:

Was meant to be early this week for the news, now nearly the end, not surprising really 

Firstly, Wednesday evening is hardly "nearly the end of the week" and secondly "early this week" is when Q would "commence discussions with the EFL. Further to their approval to proceed, we will then be in a position to publicly name the PB".

I'm as frustrated and concerned as most people but I would have been surprised if we'd heard anything within the first three days of this week. If there is no news by the end of the week or possibly middle of next week then that's when I really start to worry.

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

Firstly, Wednesday evening is hardly "nearly the end of the week" and secondly "early this week" is when Q would "commence discussions with the EFL. Further to their approval to proceed, we will then be in a position to publicly name the PB".

I'm as frustrated and concerned as most people but I would have been surprised if we'd heard anything within the first three days of this week. If there is no news by the end of the week or possibly middle of next week then that's when I really start to worry.

I’m dreading the news  being that we are to be liquidated 

Ok so I'm reading Percy's tweet as EFL haven't been told yet of any bidders, as if they had they would have leaked it to him and Nixon. I see that as no bidders have put an appropiate bid in (meeting football debt, whatever is Q's agreed repayment with the HMRC, x% non football debt and have enough left over to meet the owners desire of owning the stadium for what they are paying). As it proved incredibly taxing emotionally this last (wafts hand) number of months and given existing poor health I started my grieving process some time ago, I've said my goodbyes, and shed my tears leaving Pride Park. I hoped it was me overreacting in self defence but it's looking likely if this is true.

Sounds like it is the stadium, that is the latest block. I struggle to see how Morris can see the stadium as viable without a club, he cant get Zach Parker to box fortnightly. Plus a pheonix club will likely be non league and look to groundshare for maybe a decade or more, until they get to a level that they can even consider utilising and maintaining a stadium that size. So what will he do? He is a cold businessman there has to be a plan b for him. I'd love to know what that plan b is.

3 minutes ago, Rev said:

Sorry, I obviously wasn't making myself clear. 

My understanding is that Mel does indeed personally owe £20m+ on the stadium, rather than the club, however the bidders want him to settle that himself, regardless of any bid they put in, then gift them the stadium, for nothing,  in return for injecting the minimum required, around £30m, to keep the club alive, even with a deduction to start next season.

Fair enough, it's a further haircut he should make in the circumstances, but he's possibly looking to make sure it's in the long term benefit of the club, rather than the clubs new owners.

I was merely speculating that he may prefer guarantees that the new owners will not in the future divorce the ground from the club that plays in it.

After all, to take over a club that in the last published accounts generated around £30m of income, and to be debt free in the process, while only spending 1 years of income in its acquisition, would be a bargain, relatively speaking.

The club itself definitely owes MSD at least £20m, it’s listed in the statement of affairs from mid November.  I’d be surprised if Morris owes another £20m personally on top of that.  My best guess is that Morris has put the stadium, and some other non-club-related assets, up as collateral. So if the club doesn’t pay up, MSD get the stadium + whatever else.  Morris presumably just wants a clean break - he doesn’t want some kind of situation where he gives the stadium back to the club, the club doesn’t pay MSD and they come after his other assets.  And likewise, any new owners won’t want the situation where they have the stadium (even if given for free) but Morris still has something secured against it.  It needs to be dealt with completely.

And as for the £30m income, IIRC that was from the Lampard year, with Championship TV money, lots of extra TV appearances, very high attendances, some big cup games and a playoff final appearance. A season in League 1 with none of those thing could easily be closer to £15m.

6 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I don't agree with this General Ram. If the club is sold the ground has a value, quite a high one. Also the DCFC brand and potential are worth quite a bit. I don't think £40m is far off. 

Thought Kirchner was allegedly buying Preston for 40 million

1 minute ago, duncanjwitham said:

The club itself definitely owes MSD at least £20m, it’s listed in the statement of affairs from mid November.  I’d be surprised if Morris owes another £20m personally on top of that.  My best guess is that Morris has put the stadium, and some other non-club-related assets, up as collateral. So if the club doesn’t pay up, MSD get the stadium + whatever else.  Morris presumably just wants a clean break - he doesn’t want some kind of situation where he gives the stadium back to the club, the club doesn’t pay MSD and they come after his other assets.  And likewise, any new owners won’t want the situation where they have the stadium (even if given for free) but Morris still has something secured against it.  It needs to be dealt with completely.

And as for the £30m income, IIRC that was from the Lampard year, with Championship TV money, lots of extra TV appearances, very high attendances, some big cup games and a playoff final appearance. A season in League 1 with none of those thing could easily be closer to £15m.

That brings some clarity to it

3 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

I’m dreading the news  being that we are to be liquidated 

Me too but despite what some doom mongers may be saying (or perhaps they're just preparing for the "I told you so" posts), there is still hope however slim and receding it might be.

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Not read the article due to pay wall but I’m taking two things from this tweet at least. Percy has no update on things (either cause there is no movement or there is no leak yet) AND finally a prominent national media outlet is plainly calling out the endgame and how it needs resolving asap. It’s the most direct article heading I’ve seen thus far. Maybe it’s the start of the final pressure on all parties to resolve it. 

I thought Percy was a Forest fan? Looking at his picture there, he looks to be very fond of the 'Pies. 

12 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I don't agree with this General Ram. If the club is sold the ground has a value, quite a high one. Also the DCFC brand and potential are worth quite a bit. I don't think £40m is far off. 

Plenty of other clubs our size and potential for the same amount.

The ground is worth something you’re right but we don’t own it, Mel does.

All that the club owns is a few players, the name and it’s spot in the football league pyramid.

I’ve read the Percy article. 
my take always are 

applebys group are out of the race now as he says 2 bids left Ashley and an American group he normally names Appleby. 

appleby and Kirchener have both said q are appalling  at communication and Kirchener pulled out because of this and Appleby nearly did.

Kircheners bid was the highest to date and they thought they could get more 

no one is buying the club at current asking price and the stadium is a block 

Edited by Barney1991

40 minutes ago, davenportram said:

If buyers aren’t willing to rent the stadium MM must be offering to charge a large fee - as maintenance and running cost would be his responsibility. Offer low rent and this option becomes viable in the short term

if he gifted the stadium he’d have to stump up the £20m personal guaranteed loan against it.

if he doesn’t do this and the club goes under he obviously has no real care for the club or it’s fans, and is just wanting to runaway from his “personal guarantee” for the loan that he was bragging about doing for the better of the club.

I read somewhere that MSD were charging 8% interest. If the loan is £22m, then the interest is going to be something like £1.75m per year. So that's going to be the minimum rent, assuming that it's an interest only loan.

11 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Does anybody have the free link for the latest Percy article please?

I wouldn’t advocate such nefarious measures, however rumour is, that if click on the link and then very quickly put your phone into ‘airplane mode’ you can read articles behind paywalls.

Not saying I would do that, or did it with the Percy article a few minutes ago.

Ok I do not know what is going on but I think it fair to say that the bids have not met Quantuma's valuation of the club and we may be facing a further penalty point deduction or worse.

It seems crazy given that we do have buyers willing to pay serious money for us.. but due to EFL rules and / or Mel Morris intransigence we could be pushed to extinction. So our future lies in the hands of the two parties who have let us down so badly so far.

So I'm saying to them both..  do not duck this up, this is your last chance you duckers.

Edited by PistoldPete