The Administration Thread

Boycie

12 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

You might well be right but how do you know the current bids meet the “demands” of the creditors (most notably HMRC)?

I used to work in administration for HMRC at this level of debt for a long time.  I'll have a very good idea of what they want under the new regs.  At this level of debt their reasonable as long as the business has quarterly review and payments can be increased if the business becomes more profitable -  a players sold for a large sum, a new name for the stadium at a million a year etc. I've put my best estimate previously which will be pretty accurate.

Alan Nixon

@reluctantnicko

·

5m

Nobody is a hero in this

Quote Tweet

Greg Nichols

@GregNic1

· 5m

Replying to @reluctantnicko

Always Gibsons fault according to them lot

Alan Nixon

@reluctantnicko

·

7m

You need an offer to take to creditors first.

Quote Tweet

Marc Ost

@marcost68

· 19m

With HMRC being one of the main creditors, would they not have some sort of say/influence in this?

Alan Nixon

@reluctantnicko

·

8m

Wait a minute. Who didn’t pay their tax? Or bills? Or football creditors? This is on Morris. Time to wise up was long ago.

Quote Tweet

Keith Mansfield

@KeithMansfield

· 20m

Another argument is that, had #EFL not sided with Boro (& less importantly Wycombe) a deal could have been done before the January window, but it is primarily that decision which prevented #dcfc being sold & so being able to survive. Meaning it is the EFL's fault we've no money!

Alan Nixon

@reluctantnicko

·

29m

I take it they will have to accept SOME offer before it gets to liquidation … the threat of liquidation could even be USED to scare certain parties to take less. Bad times.

Quote Tweet

OneRamFromDerby

@OneRamFromDerby

· 29m

So at what point do admins accept they have to go down the -15 PTS route & accept a lower offer? What are they actually waiting for right now? It's that or liquidation...

Alan Nixon

@reluctantnicko

·

30m

The club is in admin. It’s remarkable that they have paid the wages. But there comes a point when the well is dry …

Quote Tweet

Greg

@canwenotknockit

· 30m

Difficult to allow clubs to sign players to new, potentially multi-million £ deals when they can't afford their current liabilities.

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Alan Nixon

@reluctantnicko

·

5m

Nobody is a hero in this

Quote Tweet

Greg Nichols

@GregNic1

· 5m

Always Gibsons fault according to them lot

Alan Nixon

@reluctantnicko

·

7m

You need an offer to take to creditors first.

Quote Tweet

Marc Ost

@marcost68

· 19m

With HMRC being one of the main creditors, would they not have some sort of say/influence in this?

Alan Nixon

@reluctantnicko

·

8m

Wait a minute. Who didn’t pay their tax? Or bills? Or football creditors? This is on Morris. Time to wise up was long ago.

Quote Tweet

Keith Mansfield

@KeithMansfield

· 20m

Another argument is that, had #EFL not sided with Boro (& less importantly Wycombe) a deal could have been done before the January window, but it is primarily that decision which prevented #dcfc being sold & so being able to survive. Meaning it is the EFL's fault we've no money!

Alan Nixon

@reluctantnicko

·

29m

I take it they will have to accept SOME offer before it gets to liquidation … the threat of liquidation could even be USED to scare certain parties to take less. Bad times.

Quote Tweet

OneRamFromDerby

@OneRamFromDerby

· 29m

So at what point do admins accept they have to go down the -15 PTS route & accept a lower offer? What are they actually waiting for right now? It's that or liquidation...

Alan Nixon

@reluctantnicko

·

30m

The club is in admin. It’s remarkable that they have paid the wages. But there comes a point when the well is dry …

Quote Tweet

Greg

@canwenotknockit

· 30m

Difficult to allow clubs to sign players to new, potentially multi-million £ deals when they can't afford their current liabilities.

Do yourself a favour and mute Nixon. No good can come from reading what he has to say.

Derby Fans: We want to be kept informed.

Quantuma: This is the only information we can supply because of confidentiality, but we continue to be making progress with (multiple) bidders.

Derby Fans: So you are taking us into liquidation, and the Northern Premier League then. You money grabbing ambulance chasers.

Madness

skanking music video GIF

Just now, i-Ram said:

Derby Fans: We want to be kept informed.

Quantuma: This is the only information we can supply because of confidentiality, but we continue to be making progress with (multiple) bidders.

Derby Fans: So you are taking us into liquidation, and the Northern Premier League then. You money grabbing ambulance chasers.

Madness

skanking music video GIF

Multiple bidders my arse 

11 minutes ago, Curtains said:

He’s on the money. Some Derby fans in denial.   
Rooney saying critical is about how it is. 
Get real 

No. He is telling you what you think you want to hear and so you think he’s ‘on the money’. 
He is generating clicks for his own account, clicks for any story he might decide to write and pretending he knows more than he does to ensure his click count remains high.  You’ll be happier if you put him on ignore. 

It is starting to look like there are no bidders anywhere near the administrators asking price and if that is the case there are only two options, the asking price is drastically reduced or we are liquidated and it all has to happen very quickly.

4 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Multiple bidders my arse 

‘On 11 March, we shared an update with Derby County Football Club staff and subsequently the media in which we advised that the joint administrators were continuing to work with bidders and prospective purchasers who remain interested in buying the Club. These bids and interest remain, and our work to secure an appropriate valuation for the Club is progressing.

"Details of discussions with interested parties are subject to non-disclosure agreements and cannot be made public without the risk of ongoing negotiations being jeopardised and a compromising of our ability to preserve the value of the Club. We have provided an update to the EFL this week. We share supporters’ frustrations and understand their desire for a preferred bidder to be named at the earliest opportunity."

Now Curtains the words I have highlighted have an s at the end. Your wife might be moaning that you are not giving her multiple orgasms, but if my wife gets 2 (even in a calendar year) she seems genuinely quite surprised and happy.

On 17/03/2022 at 11:44, Rampant said:

Mo Salah supposedly wants £500,000 a week. 

Yeah, the game has gone for me too. It's broken on so many levels and players wages is a significant one. 

So many things irritate me when I watch a game, from diving to soft penalties given, from time wasting to the kits being worn.

Think I'll start following kabbadi instead.

Liverpool turnover roughly £550m a year, £500k a week is £26m a year. It's around 4.7% of the turnover the club generate. The wages we pay Tom Lawrence is actual a lot more of our turnover than that 4.7% figure. 

Players deserve the money they get paid at the top end and typically the clubs can afford it. The problem is the trickle down effect and sloppy owners giving too much. 

2 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

‘On 11 March, we shared an update with Derby County Football Club staff and subsequently the media in which we advised that the joint administrators were continuing to work with bidders and prospective purchasers who remain interested in buying the Club. These bids and interest remain, and our work to secure an appropriate valuation for the Club is progressing.

"Details of discussions with interested parties are subject to non-disclosure agreements and cannot be made public without the risk of ongoing negotiations being jeopardised and a compromising of our ability to preserve the value of the Club. We have provided an update to the EFL this week. We share supporters’ frustrations and understand their desire for a preferred bidder to be named at the earliest opportunity."

Now Curtains the words I have highlighted have an s at the end. Your wife might be moaning that you are not giving her multiple orgasms, but if my wife gets 2 (even in a calendar year) she seems genuinely quite surprised and happy.

I don’t believe a word Quantuma says anymore.

Anyhow mate what does critical mean to you .

Do you Rooney is misinformed.

If the club was a going concern the bidders would have bid what was needed.   It’s no longer a going concern I my eyes.  

7 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

'All bidders and interested parties are aware of the timeframes we expect them to work to and we are working with them to ensure that all remaining and appropriate bids are presented as a matter of urgency'

That, to me, suggests that nobody has made a bid.

They have had bids but they have been turned down - currently there are no bids it seems - what a ridiculous state of affairs 

18 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I used to work in administration for HMRC at this level of debt for a long time.  I'll have a very good idea of what they want under the new regs.  At this level of debt their reasonable as long as the business has quarterly review and payments can be increased if the business becomes more profitable -  a players sold for a large sum, a new name for the stadium at a million a year etc. I've put my best estimate previously which will be pretty accurate.

That’s all very well but how do you know what the bidders are offering non football creditors? How much will HMRC be holding out for as a % of their debt (given your “inside knowledge”)? Maybe it’s finalising this quarterly review/increasing future payments in the event of the business becoming more profitable/a player being sold of a large sum/stadium naming rights etc that is the outstanding element.

Finally, and please don’t be offended, but have you worked in admin for HMRC since the new regs were introduced? Maybe the offer on the table doesn’t quite meet what HMRC consider reasonable.

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

That’s all very well but how do you know what the bidders are offering non football creditors? How much will HMRC be holding out for as a % of their debt (given your “inside knowledge”)? Maybe it’s finalising this quarterly review/increasing future payments in the event of the business becoming more profitable/a player being sold of a large sum/stadium naming rights etc that is the outstanding element.

Finally, and please don’t be offended, but have you worked in admin for HMRC since the new regs were introduced? Maybe the offer on the table doesn’t quite meet what HMRC consider reasonable.

HMRC will be in the driving seat on this one as the main creditor and a preferred one.  If agreements not reached with them it feeds down the chain and those with less debt and less chance of getting should the club liquidate will agree relatively easily.  4  years since I worked there  as I say with this level of liability - although its a rarity.  Based on this 35-40% would be enough with review  plan over 3 years to collect hopefully as much as possible 

17 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Liverpool turnover roughly £550m a year, £500k a week is £26m a year. It's around 4.7% of the turnover the club generate. The wages we pay Tom Lawrence is actual a lot more of our turnover than that 4.7% figure. 

Players deserve the money they get paid at the top end and typically the clubs can afford it. The problem is the trickle down effect and sloppy owners giving too much. 

I dont think any player is worth £500.000 a week no matter who he plays for. Thats the reason football is in a mess.