The Administration Thread

Boycie

6 minutes ago, curb said:

I might be a bit strange on my views, but at the moment I think I’d prefer a complete fresh start in whatever national league we could get in. I realise most won’t follow, but the ones that do would be the ones there to support a Derby FC, even if it is only a few hundred. 
Going down to league 1 with another points deduction feels like a slow death, starting again in League 2 would be like accepting the EFL destroy us but want to keep our income so we’d have to humbly accept their generosity in allowing us to stay. 
starting again in the National League North could be an exciting adventure, you never know. 

I'm certainly drifiting in that direction - I can cope with dropping down to Leage One (I've said before, the actual league is not that important to me if I can watch my team putting in the necessary effort, a bit of skill and more wins than losses) - not sure however that I could keep going if we're being 'owned' by the EFL for another 2 seasons with their pettiness and business plan combined with yet another season subject to penalty points....

The mood has certainly dipped on here this week.  I know it’s difficult and in today’s world of social media, etc there’s a need for constant information.  I think it was @BramcoteRam84 who posted a couple of days ago that the silence is a good thing and I agree.  In Quantuma’s last statement they said they said they wouldn’t give a running commentary, which is the right stance given NDAs, etc.

I’m not ITK or anything but I wonder if we do here something it’ll be on a Friday or weekend.  My reasons for this are…

- in there latest statement Q said they want to put a plan to the EFL.  Does any plan need to be agreed with the EFL before announcing a PB?

- when Rooney had his press conference in early Jan when he said we should know the next day, a plan was taken to the EFL that day.  We all know what the outcome of that was.

- EFL Board meetings are on a Thursday.

Not saying it’ll be this weekend, just a theory, that’s all ?.

17 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

I must admit to being confused by one point in this process.

A number of weeks ago the Administrators were going to announce the PB but it was reported this was frustrated be the EFL.

Presumably the PB that the Administrators were going to announce knew the full scope of the problem they were going to have to take on and had bid enough money to satisfy the Creditors and HRMC.

Given the above what has changed??

Time!

I would still support a phoenix club. In my view I don't support Derby County Ltd I support the team, the representatives of Derby my home town. I feel affinity with my fellow fans. Ownership is in my view only the means to field a team from Derby. I mean, for instance, if the whole current squad, management, stadium, training facility were taken on by a new company post liquidation why wouldn't it be Derby County? 

Edited by The Scarlet Pimpernel

20 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

I feel we need to start asking questions around the administrators and why they aren't able to name a preferencial bidder. I can appreciate that the offers may not be as good as we hoped for but we can only choose between the offers that have been placed. Surley that doesn't take this long?

What happened to Team Derby and when do the supporters groups / MPs next meet with Quantuma?

17 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

I feel we need to start asking questions around the administrators and why they aren't able to name a preferencial bidder. I can appreciate that the offers may not be as good as we hoped for but we can only choose between the offers that have been placed. Surley that doesn't take this long?

There are only 2 reasonable scenarios that I can think of for the delay:

1) It's not immediately clear which is the "best" bid.  Maybe one party is offering more, but over a longer term (creditors might prefer some cash now, rather than more at some point in the future).  Maybe there are questions about the source of their funding (and Quantuma don't want a repeat of previous bids where they agree a sale and the money never shows up).  Maybe the bidders are making "unreasonable" demands of Morris and the stadium ("we'll bid £30m but we want the stadium for £5m", and Quantuma don't want them pulling out in a month's time when Morris doesn't play ball).  There could be any number of reasons why one bid might be "better" but more risky, or preferable to some creditors over others etc. 

2) Another bid has come in late, and Quantuma are having to do their due diligence over it before committing. Presumably they've already done this for Appleby/Ashley/Binnies etc, but they can't just decide to ignore a "better" bid just because it came in late.

16 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

We could but what would be the fun in that?

Maybe we should also stop doing the score prediction threads as well and just wait and see ? 

OK, then, let's carry on with all of the doom and gloom, liquidation, playing as a Phoenix Club, the National League Conference North grounds we will visit next season......can't think of anything better to brighten my day.....the fact of the matter is none of us know, including Nixon, what is going on. I for one, rather than getting uptight and anxious and checking on here every 5 minutes for an update, will choose to wait and see and hope for the best......

55 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I do think that the EFL need to look at their insolvency practices. It was widely felt that Leicester 'cheated' by going into administration, wiped out 75% of debts and carried on as before under very similar ownership. Understandably, the EFL brought in new rules to make administration a far less attractive option.

The points deductions, the imposed business plans, the withheld TV money and varying degrees of transfer embargo now ensure that no club can do a Leicester without suffering significant damage. That's supposed to be a deterrent to owners. Indeed, I suspect that, that deterrent has worked very well - clubs only go into administration now out of desperation. 

That's a problem though. The deterrent then squeezes the life out of a club who are already in trouble. The last few clubs have just about survived, with the exception of poor Bury. The difference is now though, HMRC have far more say and can't just be forced to settle for 25%. 

It is actually possible that this has made exiting administration next to impossible, given how damaging the EFL sanctions already are. 

Frustratingly, those deterrents don't actually hurt the guilty parties, the former owners, just the creditors, the fans and the perspective new owners.

Exactly. From one extreme to the other.

2 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

There are only 2 reasonable scenarios that I can think of for the delay:

1) It's not immediately clear which is the "best" bid.  Maybe one party is offering more, but over a longer term (creditors might prefer some cash now, rather than more at some point in the future).  Maybe there are questions about the source of their funding (and Quantuma don't want a repeat of previous bids where they agree a sale and the money never shows up).  Maybe the bidders are making "unreasonable" demands of Morris and the stadium ("we'll bid £30m but we want the stadium for £5m", and Quantuma don't want them pulling out in a month's time when Morris doesn't play ball).  There could be any number of reasons why one bid might be "better" but more risky, or preferable to some creditors over others etc. 

2) Another bid has come in late, and Quantuma are having to do their due diligence over it before committing. Presumably they've already done this for Appleby/Ashley/Binnies etc, but they can't just decide to ignore a "better" bid just because it came in late.

Is there not a third scenario whereby no offer currently meets the "demands" of the creditors and, whilst at the end of the day we will reach an end point where they either have to accept the offer or settle for much less (or nothing) if we are liquidated, maybe we're in that stage where the administrator is trying to thrash out a deal in terms of the amount and/or timing of any settlement. To compare it to Dragons Den, maybe the creditors have spoken to wall and have now returned to the bidders to try and improve the offer.

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Is there not a third scenario whereby no offer currently meets the "demands" of the creditors and, whilst at the end of the day we will reach an end point where they either have to accept the offer or settle for much less (or nothing) if we are liquidated, maybe we're in that stage where the administrator is trying to thrash out a deal in terms of the amount and/or timing of any settlement. To compare it to Dragons Den, maybe the creditors have spoken to wall and have now returned to the bidders to try and improve the offer.

It's possible, I suppose. But the creditors position has presumably been shared with the potential bidders for quite a while now.  Assuming that it was a 'final' deadline for bids a few weeks ago, then I don't see there being that much movement at this stage - the bidders are either close to what the creditors want (in which case the creditors aren't going to turn it down), or they're miles away (in which case there's no point Quantuma pursuing the bid, like they did with the Binnies).  If there's any negotiating going on, I suspect it's bidder vs bidder, trying to edge ahead (but that's probably me being too optimistic).

51 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

I'm certainly drifiting in that direction - I can cope with dropping down to Leage One (I've said before, the actual league is not that important to me if I can watch my team putting in the necessary effort, a bit of skill and more wins than losses) - not sure however that I could keep going if we're being 'owned' by the EFL for another 2 seasons with their pettiness and business plan combined with yet another season subject to penalty points....

Starting again in league 2 would be like doffing our cap and saying yes sir no sir thank you EFL sir, when in reality they’ve killed us off but want to keep the income we generate. 

7 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

What effect has the passage of time on the process, please expand!

Loss of Jagielka & a number of youth players, and Jozwiak to reduce quad further still

Abysmal away form leading to an ever Increasing likelihood of relegation

Funding found to the end of season so bidders not in any rush

Edited by Coconut's Beard

Every time we lose now it sparks a reaction of we're going under again.

Our chances of staying up get slimmer although I don't see how that is connected to the takeover. Any potential owner would have known we was up against it staying in the Championship.

It's frustrating the lack of any updates, I get it as I feel it too, but proof of funds to cover the end of the season were shown so we have to assume at least we'll see the season out.

I'm sure I read a time frame of 6-12 weeks it would take for the paperwork to go through after a preferred bidder is named. Chelsea it's being reported 6 weeks ish.

With funds in place to cover the season, the £5m deposit can go towards renewing contracts and signings ahead of next season, I'm not overly concerned as yet, unless I'm missing some key information here where bidders have walked away?

As fans, all we can realistically do is continue to support the team in anyway we possibly can, be it RamsTV passes, match tickets, or just supportive messages to the players via social media.

It's hard to stay calm, but whipping ourselves up into a frenzy and casting doubt over the future of the club is counter productive to the atmosphere around the club.

Just my thoughts anyhow.

39 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

OK, then, let's carry on with all of the doom and gloom, liquidation, playing as a Phoenix Club, the National League Conference North grounds we will visit next season......can't think of anything better to brighten my day.....the fact of the matter is none of us know, including Nixon, what is going on. I for one, rather than getting uptight and anxious and checking on here every 5 minutes for an update, will choose to wait and see and hope for the best......

Fair enough, your choice. I’m not getting uptight or anxious about it either. Neither am I all doom and gloom assuming the club will go into liquidation but, it’s a harmless debate to consider what MIGHT happen.

16 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

What effect has the passage of time on the process, please expand! If you have  a PB that meets all the criteria one day what is that makes them fail or withdraw the next day.?

Read the last 100 pages or so, You'll get a feeling that time is of the essence, As for the PB in all honesty is there a PB, Has a PB been identified, Is there a new bidder on the table, What is the "criteria" heaven only knows...it's beaten this old dog that's for sure ?‍♂️