The Administration Thread

Boycie

19 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Football clubs are PR tools these days. The corrupt and / or murderous can buy a club and build themselves a new image. Chelsea offer that globally. Derby offer that locally. That's why Chelsea have billionaires queueing up and Derby have nobody. Nobody's interested in boosting their image in Derbyshire.

To be honest that is baalocks.

Derby have had several potential bidders. Ashley is a billionaire and he has made his interest very clear. He is unfortunately also a tight wad. 

9 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Derby have had several potential bidders. Ashley is a billionaire and he has made his interest very clear. He is unfortunately also a tight wad. 

I guess we'll see. Most of the potential buyers over the last few years (and it is year) have either been time wasters with no money or actually nonexistent. 

It would be nice to think that someone would take us on but in our current state we're not very attractive.

And we only have the admins' word for the amount of interest. That may not be all it's cracked up to be.

59 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

There is an interesting question there though. If someone 'bought' Derby County for £50m and then spent £1bn building the club up, how would the result compare with spending £2bn on Chelsea?

Other than the early 70s, Chelsea were probably slightly bigger than Derby before the Russian money poured in, but there wasn't much in it. I wonder whether DCFC has a ceiling 'size' which Chelsea has long surpassed or could Derby (or any club) be that big with billions being spent?

Chelsea is based in one of the most affluent areas of London, the fifth richest city in the world and double the GVA of any other UK city (Manchester). It has 55 billionaires living locally to Chelsea. Derby doesn’t have that in millionaires.

Abramovich didn’t grow up supporting Chelsea, no doubt, but he saw it as a club within an affluent area that he could have a residence and an asset, etc.

35 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Do 2 separate people post using your account or something? Some comments state we'll certainly be liquidated, and the next comment we have multiple bidders so surely won't be liquidated! ?

I don't know which version of you is trying to convince the other to be honest!

Don’t know what to think. I’d like to be convinced by my taken over half

17 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I guess we'll see. Most of the potential buyers over the last few years (and it is year) have either been time wasters with no money or actually nonexistent. 

It would be nice to think that someone would take us on but in our current state we're not very attractive.

And we only have the admins' word for the amount of interest. That may not be all it's cracked up to be.

Surely that is the potential buyers we have known about who have all been keen for the publicity and to make it about them. I would like to think (or perhaps desperately hope) there is someone out there who does think its all about them

1 hour ago, GenBr said:

Are you two seriously comparing Derby County and Chelseas attractiveness to investors? Chelsea have half a billion in revenue every year, a globally recognised brand, they win trophirs and have many valuable assets ( including several players worth more than our entire club).

On the other hand we dont own the stadium, we dont own the training ground,we'll have about 6 players worth close to nothing at the end of the season, a very regional brand and we're lucky if our yearly revenue breaches £30 mill (and it wont get close if we're relegated).

Why is it a surprise that chelseas sale process is faster?

Some might say they won every possible trophy using money that’s not quite legal. But then that may not be true. We will never know 

27 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I agree that Morris was mostly dealing with time wasters. Kirchner and Binnie seem to have dropped out were they time wasters? maybe but Kirchner now said to be sniffing around Preston. Appleby and Ashley both past owners of football clubs so pretty serious contenders. and I certainly wouldn't rule out a local consortium... no wealthy local businessman (or businesswoman) would want to see DCFC go under. Last time we were in a mess 5 local buinsessmen put in £5m each to save us, wouldn't take much more than that to do the same again.        

13 minutes ago, rsmini said:

Some might say they won every possible trophy using money that’s not quite legal. But then that may not be true. We will never know 

If you watched Panorama the oher night there doesn't seem to be much doubt the money funding Chelsea was very dodgy.

2 hours ago, TomTom92 said:

I’m not surprised. The point I’m making is that there’s plenty of people knocking around with wads of cash and it wouldn’t be any skin off their noses to take us over. Other than it would take a few seasons to possibly get to the prem. 

Surely the satisfaction one would get by taking us back to the big time and being lorded a saviour is worth something? 

The fact that this is the case and nobody is willing to invest their time in to us is depressing. Our greatest hope is Mike Ashley who’s worth is eye watering and he’s farting around trying to save himself a few quid. Madness. 

Mel Morris has turned the club from an efficient attractive club to this. Very incompetent at running a football club. 

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

Not so sure he’ll be interested in a L2 side

2 hours ago, BobdeBilder said:

I can remember Chelsea getting gates of 10,000 or so and being one of the worst clubs in London. We were a much bigger club than them, and most others in the country for a number of years. At least I was there for the trophies and 35,000 average attendances. Being a sad old bar steward comes in handy sometimes.

Me too 

1 hour ago, BuckoBeast said:

So there is more than one bid on the table. This has been confirmed by the administrators. They released a statement saying they are carefully combing through each one to ensure it is in the best interests of DCFC in the long term. Therefore surely we won’t be liquidated? It’s just a matter of more waiting around. They have confirmed we have the funds to fulfil the rest of the season  

I suspect these 'bids' are packed with caveats and conditions. The Binnie's situation is an interesting one, their £30m offer presumably not a better outcome than liquidation, in the eyes of the admins? I have very little faith in Quantuma and there appears to be no firm indication of the level of interest from other potential bidders. 

What ever happened to the Save Derby County campaign?

Where are the MPs?

Where are the local councillors and council leaders?

Where are Rams Trust and BAWT?

Where are Robert Lyndsay and Jack O'connor?

All of that fuss and noise we made and yet the club is in as a perilous position as it has ever been.

In a week where Chelsea are being carefully looked after by the government, we should be piggy backing off that and reminding the government we are still here and in danger.

The administrators need to start feeling the pressure once more.

It will soon be our Friday update from the admin team, ( just to keep us quiet from saying the should communicate more with us ) explaining they are still working hard with the current bidders, to get the best long term deal for our club.

When realistically we know the bids offered are no where near the amount they seek,