The Administration Thread

Boycie

4 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Wayne has said he is worried about the situation. I’m sure if he was to invest some of his £170 mill fortune in DCFC , others would follow. Then perhaps fans could have say a 25% stake in the club.Put in whatever you can afford.

Wayne could buy the club for £50M if he wanted to i suppose but even he can probably see it's not worth it.

10 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Wayne has said he is worried about the situation. I’m sure if he was to invest some of his £170 mill fortune in DCFC , others would follow. Then perhaps fans could have say a 25% stake in the club.Put in whatever you can afford.

It's a nice idea but after buying it, there's the running of it.

Although I'm amused by the idea of "Wayne Rooney gives dreaded vote of confidence to Wayne Rooney"

Thinking about it though, it'd be impractical for Rooney to be involved in ownership because he surely wants to have a career in management.

Edited by RadioactiveWaste

20 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

This idea that taking -15 and starting again doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. We assume we’ll be relegated and starting with virtually a new squad. There is no guarantee that we will not be relegated from div 1. Look where we are now. We have been given the task of making up 15 points on Reading and up to now we have managed 10. 

Willingly taking this option to get the team at a knock down price would mean probably a loss of revenue for the extra time in the doldrums that would far outweigh the benefits of getting us cheap.

Exactly. And it’s not just loss of revenue. Some players could possibly stay with us for next season… but if you tell them next season we get another points penalty I think possibly all players and the manager will decide they have had enough of that. This season has tested the patience of players enough brilliant though they have been. 

I found the recent Daily Update article interesting because up until now I've seen lots of comments about the administrators only being accountable to the creditors.

However, the article says that the administrators are assessing the bids in terms of a management plan that would be acceptable to the EFL (for a sustainable future).

24 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

If a £500m man can’t afford to keep running us…

Football needs a complete remodel it’s no longer sustainable, look at the amount of debt even the big clubs are in the figures are scary. Wages need to be capped throughout the whole of Europe and these daft transfer fees need to be capped also, I’m surprised anyone would want to buy us in current climates.

Just now, Ken Tram said:

I found the recent Daily Update article interesting because up until now I've seen lots of comments about the administrators only being accountable to the creditors.

However, the article says that the administrators are assessing the bids in terms of a management plan that would be acceptable to the EFL (for a sustainable future).

I think this ties in with avoiding further penalties / getting chucked out the league angles.

The EFL can't stop a buyer taking us out of administration, but if it's done in a way that angers the EFL they can enact their terrible revenge (so makes little sense to do that, and creditors know this)

1 minute ago, YouRams said:

If a £500m man can’t afford to keep running us…

Football needs a complete remodel it’s no longer sustainable, look at the amount of debt even the big clubs are in the figures are scary. Wages need to be capped throughout the whole of Europe and these daft transfer fees need to be capped also, I’m surprised anyone would want to buy us in current climates.

Unfortunately, until there is a massive football crash with dozens of clubs going under, it's just not going to happen.

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Unfortunately, until there is a massive football crash with dozens of clubs going under, it's just not going to happen.

Chelski may be the catalyst, ok for a different reason but it could show football and all it’s administrative faults for what they are.

4 hours ago, atherstoneram said:

Too true, they are not bothered about the integrity of the club,to them it's just a business that they hope to pick up on the cheap and nothing to do with football.

But that's all we're gonna get... at best!

There ain't no fellow Rams fans willing and/or able to put enough dosh in A) to save us from extinction and B) to get around a further 15 point deduction.

The only person I'm aware of who is (allegedly) both a Rams Fan and loaded is a certain Mr M Morris.  Hmmm!

The rest... if indeed there are any "rest"... are businessmen/women hoping to pick us up on the cheap, purely in the hope of making money out of us.
Any future promotion to them would be joyous only for the £££, not for any romantic relationship with the club and/or us fans.  

38 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

This idea that taking -15 and starting again doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. We assume we’ll be relegated and starting with virtually a new squad. There is no guarantee that we will not be relegated from div 1. Look where we are now. We have been given the task of making up 15 points on Reading and up to now we have managed 10. 

Willingly taking this option to get the team at a knock down price would mean probably a loss of revenue for the extra time in the doldrums that would far outweigh the benefits of getting us cheap.

It makes sense to the clubs potential buyers though.

Which whether you like it or not is the be all and end all of our current situation. 

2 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

There ain't no fellow Rams fans willing and/or able to put enough dosh in A) to save us from extinction and B) to get around a further 15 point deduction.

The only person I'm aware of who is (allegedly) both a Rams Fan and loaded is a certain Mr M Morris.  Hmmm!

The rest... if indeed there are any "rest"... are businessmen/women hoping to pick us up on the cheap, purely in the hope of making money out of us.
Any future promotion to them would be joyous only for the £££, not for any romantic relationship with the club and/or us fans.  

We had the League Of Gentlemen, which included Morris and others. most are now quite old Gentlemen and sadly Mr Kirkland has now passed. Could we not manage to find League of Gentlemen (and Ladies) .,. The Next Generation?

7 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

If anyone buys us in the hope of making money out of us are going to be waiting a long time before they see any profit in any way

3 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

We had the League Of Gentlemen, which included Morris and others. most are now quite old Gentlemen and sadly Mr Kirkland has now passed. Could we not manage to find League of Gentlemen (and Ladies) .,. The Next Generation?

Oh of course, but that's the thing though.  I'm sure these people are out there, but I just get the feeling they are clearly not interested in this particular project, otherwise they would have raised their heads above the parapet by now?  ?‍♂️

Let's face it, DCFC has been up for sale for what is it?  3 years now?  

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

If anyone buys us in the hope of making money out of us are going to be waiting a long time before they see any profit in any way

Oh I agree.

But it looks like nobody's gonna buy us out of love for DCFC.  (See my previous post).

And besides, the last chap to do so didn't do too well in the end.  

3 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Oh I agree.

But it looks like nobody's gonna buy us out of love for DCFC.  (See my previous post).

And besides, the last chap to do so didn't do too well in the end.  

Hey we shall be brought and taken over I am hacked off with admin and they are making so hard for new owner or owners.

1 minute ago, B4ev6is said:

Hey we shall be brought and taken over I am hacked off with admin and they are making so hard for new owner or owners.

How can you be certain it’s the administrators making it hard for new owners?

It could the creditors demanding more than the bidders are offering. It could be the administrators trying to protect Derby and reduce the risk of a further points deduction. It could be problems reaching agreement regarding the stadium.

The facts are none of us really know what challenges remain, who is causing them or who has the power to resolve them.