The Administration Thread

Boycie

6 hours ago, Mr. P said:

Let's hope he is a better employer than Mr. Scrooge, otherwise it will be all bread and water on the concourse, candles for lighting and no heating anywhere in winter.

I think he sounds like a good bloke and I have a really good feeling about him. I really hope he gets this through and that others enter into partnership with him. Exciting times ahead, I hope.

I hope so much that Wayne and as many players as possible stay with us.

It's amazing how fast he has moved compared with others who have had the chance to purchase the club. No fuss, no palaver, no false promises, no ego. Quiet and steady and sound I hope.

36 minutes ago, Macintosh said:

That's Redrow Homes on the shirts sorted, ready to go to the printers.

Does the Premier League have a hardship parachute fund for disabled football clubs that got relegated not due to team performances?

With Pride Park sold, does that £18m lean against it now disappear off the administor's books?

I’m guessing here …

Derby County Owed MSD a certain amount of money. In that sense MSD we’re a creditor and on the books. The security for the loan though, was against the stadium which was owned by Mel. Mel couldn’t therefore sell the stadium until the charge was settled. I’d suggest therefore that it is exactly like selling your house. You get the proceeds less what was owed to the building soc, which is then paid to them by the solicitors completing the deal. So I would guess DC bought the stadium from Mel and Mels solicitors forwarded part of the proceeds to MSD in settlement of the debt that was on DCFC’s books. So yes .. it should have gone. I doubt MSD have any unsecured loans to DCFC. Those sort of people just don’t lend money without lots of tangible security. What I am not sure about is the alleged further loans from MSD during last season . Did they get guaranteed by the stadium too or is another complex financial instrument in play ? 

9 minutes ago, Rampant said:

It's Friday and I'm lazy. Is the following correct?

* PP has been sold to Mr Clowes and we no longer risk being homeless

* Mr Clowes' bid to takeover the club is highly likely to succeed

* We will be able to sign players and offer contracts to our current players before they all go elsewhere

Clowes has also loaned money in the interim to make sure the club can continue to operate/ fulfil fixtures etc

Edited by IncredibleKoosh

From what Nixon was saying the loan is proof of funding for the season, presumably   allowing big Dave to Clowes out his deal ?

This therefore should mean we can start selling season tickets and trading to some degree so we can give contract extensions, although would imagine this would be more restrictive than whatever business plan we end up agreeing to, it might enable us to do some business though.

6 hours ago, BucksRam said:

Think I read on Twitter too that he parks in town and walks to games.  With his money he could get chauffeured in.  One of the people. I have no doubt he'll get football savvy people around him to run the club. 

@BucksRam. This morning I knew nothing at all about David Clowes. Gradually details about him have been posted and each one, like the one you posted above,  has ticked another box for me.

I was very sad when the Kirchner bid fell through, but sometimes things happen for a reason. In 1990 I was gutted not to get a job in school A. But instead I got my dream job in school B - and met my future husband - the love of my life and soulmate.

I hope so much for the sake of us all that we have turned the corner and I agree that hopefully he'll surround himself with football savvy people.

So far to go still. So many unknowns. But I feel more optimistic about our future than I have done for a while. ?

10 minutes ago, jono said:

I’m guessing here …

Derby County Owed MSD a certain amount of money. In that sense MSD we’re a creditor and on the books. The security for the loan though, was against the stadium which was owned by Mel. Mel couldn’t therefore sell the stadium until the charge was settled. I’d suggest therefore that it is exactly like selling your house. You get the proceeds less what was owed to the building soc, which is then paid to them by the solicitors completing the deal. So I would guess DC bought the stadium from Mel and Mels solicitors forwarded part of the proceeds to MSD in settlement of the debt that was on DCFC’s books. So yes .. it should have gone. I doubt MSD have any unsecured loans to DCFC. Those sort of people just don’t lend money without lots of tangible security. What I am not sure about is the alleged further loans from MSD during last season . Did they get guaranteed by the stadium too or is another complex financial instrument in play ? 

A little nuance in the statements - Clowes has bought the company that owes the stadium rather than the stadium itself so one could assume from that that the debt still exists within that company. Unless some deal was done with MM of course....

12 minutes ago, Mihangel said:

A little nuance in the statements - Clowes has bought the company that owes the stadium rather than the stadium itself so one could assume from that that the debt still exists within that company. Unless some deal was done with MM of course....

In buying the company and not the stadium saved a load on stamp duty had just the stadium been bought 

Edited by I know nuffin
Fat fingers