The Administration Thread

Boycie

15 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

I’ll buy match by match 

Before they issue ST’s I would think an admin has to be pretty sure they wouldn’t “ be knowingly trading whilst insolvent”  As a company, the Admins would be torn to shreds both legally and a raft of other ways. 

My feeling is that your tickets will be valid unless we are liquidated which I honestly believe will not happen. Sure we could end up with the next worst case .. no stadium and -15  but there are a few days left. I suspect all will be revealed before we have to put our hands in our pockets. 

35 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

The point of the supporter group statement is to increase pressure on Quantuma as left to their own devices, nothing ever seems to happen. The fact Q are seeking external funding for 22/23 season rather than relying on PB funds further suggests they are not planning a quick sale.

With respect to Appleby & Ashley's bid on Dec/Jan, none of us know why these bids did not go forward but the fact journalists are openly calling Quantuma out (as well as the threatened legal action from Ashley) suggest that the bids were actionable despite the parasite claims. There is also the 28m bid from the Binnies (not including PP).

Quantuma continue to claim that none of the bids made (other than Kirchner's) are sufficient to take us out of administration despite Appleby's reported bid last week of circa 50m being comfortably enough to pay off football creditors which is the absolute minimum required by the EFL. A week has passed now with no further developments as reported by Ed Dawes & not unreasonably, people want to know why a) that offer hasnt been accepted & b) why that credible bid hasnt been the starting pistol for a best & final bid process with all remaining interested parties & a prompt deadline.

None of the supporter groups are making 'allegations', it is undeniably true that the exclusivity period with Kirchner was a waste of time irrespective of whether people believe Quantuma are to blame for that. That is not the suggestion in the letter though, they are asking Kwasi Kwarteng as Business Secretary to get involved to look into whether credible bids are being ignored as journalists in the know have suggested. I applaud their proactivity.

Maybe. Asking a Government minister to investigate newspapers speculation to see if it’s true sounds like a waste of time to me. 

And anyone who seriously thinks that q has ignored progressable bids is living in cloud cuckoo land. As for bids made in Dec , q made it clear none of the bidders wanted to take on liability for Boro claims. Is there any suggestion that isn’t true? If so I find a suggestion that q didn’t tell the truth about that extremely unlikely.

55 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I don't get what you are saying. You're in administration with large debts you aren't able to run the business as a going concern without funds. 

Any other business would be liquidated for trading while insolvent. I really hate to say this but it is going to take a fairly big loan to see the season out, yes players budget will be down but the club won't be exempt from the increase of utility prices, wage increase for any staff on minimum wage (if any) plus other sundry price increases.

Could they not sell Season tickets under a monthly subscription/DD type thing?

Or maybe Instead of £400/£500 (whatever) lump sum, You keep your DCFC ticket fund account topped up enough to cover (as a minimum) the (broken down) cost of the next game, thus keeping your ST activated and usable.

If your payment doesn't go through/you fail to top up your account for any reason, the ST card gets deactivated before the next game?

I have money in a Dartcharge account, that takes out £2 every time I cross the Dartford crossing.  No crossing, no charge.

I also have an ATMB account linked directly to my credit card, which charges said card when I use the Toll sections of the French Autoroutes.  No use, no charge. 

Surely there must be a way we can pledge, without having to hand over a season's worth of ticket money in advance?  ?‍♂️

*Not sure why I put that... I guess maybe for the majority, who have concerns about renewing... as I currently plan to risk it, and renew as normal, if and when they go on sale.

41 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

But the EFL were basically threatening to kick us out if we didn't sell players, and that would have devalued the club by a hell of a lot more...

Exactly - not selling ANY players in January was never going to stack up with the Boro & Wycombe claims unresolved. I don't blame Quantuma for trying to keep the squad competitive - because staying in the Championship would have made the club more valuable - and the fans more motivated - but with other clubs bleating about how terribly unfair it was that we weren't accepting £50,000 offers for our players, they had to make some concessions to the EFL and the only first team player we lost the services of through Quantuma's decisions was Shinnie.

I may not admire Quantuma's overall performance, but I can acknowledge they've not had an easy job either.

So in the last 24 hours on here, we've had people on here openly criticising Quantuma for:

Ignoring the EFL (they're the regulator!).

Complying with EFL demands to sell players to raise funds.

Selling players and devaluing the club/risking relegation.

Not selling players to raise funds and cut costs (to avoid racking up so much extra debt paying wages etc).

And some people think Quantuma are the major problem here...

I can’t believe that with all these “interested parties” (bidders), none of them has made a bid that will satisfy Q’s option 1, or option 2. 

Surely you’re not a credible bidder if you can’t avoid the -15 points, because wtf would you genuinely buy a club, knowing that you’re more or less consigning them to league 2??  

So, are Q really saying that we have NO credible bidders? Seriously? 

i am almost at the point of saying fk it, sell it to whoever gives the most £ and let them deal with the sh!tstorm they create themselves. 

Edited by Phuket Ram
Typo

6 minutes ago, Phuket Ram said:

I can’t believe that with all these “interested parties” (bidders), none of them has made a bid that will satisfy Q’s option 1, or option 2. 

Surely you’re not a credible bidder if you can’t avoid the -15 points, because wtf would you genuinely buy a club, knowing that you’re more or less consigning them to league 2??  

So, are Q really saying that we have NO credible bidders? Seriously? 

i am almost at the point of saying fk it, sell it to whoever gives the most £ and let them deal with the sh!tstorm they create themselves. 

Your last sentence is certainly not an option for the administrators, that's why they are here, dealing with the shitstorm the former owner created.

1 hour ago, RipleyRich said:

That's the scary bit.

Reports suggest that this months wages are £1.6m (when is pay day BTW?). Obviously that will come down massively, but there are all the other associated costs with running a football club. Matchday costs, policing etc, transport, hotels,  kit, ground maintenance,  god the list is so long.

What sort of cost are we looking at?

£8m?, £10m? ????

Who is going to lend it and against what?

And then there is the interest to pay?

Is this just prolonging the agony, or are Q holding a genuine bid that could effect a sale in 6-12 weeks?

Game Over Meme GIF by Travis

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

I think supporters groups sometimes make things worse. 

They think they know more and are entitled 

In a way Curtains I agree, But, If they think they can help with anything concerning football all's good, Remember the RPG(no not rocket propelled grenades)Rams Protest Group and the Red Cards, They had a great effect, They got a good majority of fans onboard, remember Jeremy Keith on radio Derby's interview when they challenged him earning £60k a year and him complaining that he had his Daughter in the car and he's not answering personal questions, The RPG did a sterling job and pretty sure they and others with the support of RamsTrust got them removed...eventually ? 

3 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Your last sentence is certainly not an option for the administrators, that's why they are here, dealing with the shitstorm the former owner created.

I agree, if we survive this "shitstorm" we most certainly wouldn't survive another. ?

7 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

And to clear the debts and hand it over to someone who knows how to run the business. So clear the debts and hand it over…. Whatever is on the table now, is only going to go down from here on in - while the debts increase until there’s nothing on the table. The table belongs to MSD anyway… 

13 minutes ago, Phuket Ram said:

The problem will be, Quantuma agrees a sale of (pick a random number) £28m to a bidder, nothing major moves with the stadium/MSD/Morris or Quantuma's fees, so they take a bid to the EFL saying we'll pay 50% of football creditors and nothing to other unsecured ones.  The EFL reject that out of hand and the bidder walks away having wasted a couple more weeks.  Or on the off chance they do allow it, HMRC reject their 0% settlement and the bidder walks away.  

There is no viable bid for less than ~£40m.  (Obviously I'm including the bid, any 3rd party money to buy the stadium, and any concessions that can be wrangled out of Quantuma and Morris in that figure.)  It will get to the point of failure (whether that be the EFL saying they'll kick us out of the league, or the creditors rejecting the settlement) and the bidder will walk away.

29 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Could they not sell Season tickets under a monthly subscription/DD type thing?

Or maybe Instead of £400/£500 (whatever) lump sum, You keep your DCFC ticket fund account topped up enough to cover (as a minimum) the (broken down) cost of the next game, thus keeping your ST activated and usable.

If your payment doesn't go through/you fail to top up your account for any reason, the ST card gets deactivated before the next game?

I have money in a Dartcharge account, that takes out £2 every time I cross the Dartford crossing.  No crossing, no charge.

I also have an ATMB account linked directly to my credit card, which charges said card when I use the Toll sections of the French Autoroutes.  No use, no charge. 

Surely there must be a way we can pledge, without having to hand over a season's worth of ticket money in advance?  ?‍♂️

*Not sure why I put that... I guess maybe for the majority, who have concerns about renewing... as I currently plan to risk it, and renew as normal, if and when they go on sale.

Not a bad idea Mucker. We could pledge to go to games while we are still solvent. Also ,with the energy crisis looming - could we kick off earlier to save using the floodlights. I am being serious.

14 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

This isn’t typical Derby negativity because I’m not negative. There were reports saying Derby starting again in League 2 is not an option because clubs won’t vote for it. The fact there is already anger at how much assistance we’ve been getting and time to resolve this administration. When 64/71 clubs is an extremely high threshold anyway, throw into the mix that a number of clubs will improve their promotion or survival chances by us being out the picture, plus those clubs who are angry that they play by the rules and pay their debts, why should Derby get propped up only to immediately go and have one of the biggest budgets in the league due to the size of club we are. Throw in those viewpoints and I think you will find more than enough clubs that will vote against Derby starting again in League 2. 

But you're not negative and you can't link to all these reports you claim exist. Nice talking with you