The Administration Thread

Boycie

Just now, Ramarena said:

I know it’s not their business plan. But at what point does it just become worth it for MSD just to buy the club, get it into the Champ and sell up to recoup their expenditure/make a profit?

Can they do that if they've lent to other football clubs though? (I'm not sure about MSD in football other than DCFC)

I would also guess they'd say "we have no skills and competencies to run a club" to which the EFL would reply "ideal"

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Can they do that if they've lent to other football clubs though? (I'm not sure about MSD in football other than DCFC)

I would also guess they'd say "we have no skills and competencies to run a club" to which the EFL would reply "ideal"

Southampton and Burnley I believe MSD UK ?‍♀️

3 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I’m sure you’re right, I was just idly speculating!

Yeah, the statement is an absolute shocker - clear they have been told to secure short-term funding to put plans in place to start the season. I would imagine this means assets will be sold (or loaned) and we will be going into the season without an owner. 

A vile season awaits - god knows what state we will be in on opening day. 

3 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Never had a credit card in my life, If I aint got the loot I do without ?

I had one - once.

I was monitoring and administering the direct mail marketing campaigns for MBNA when they were bringing out their 'platinum' card at the start of the 1990's. I was offered one (probably as a sweetener for the number of hours of overtime I was putting in on the project) and accepted. Interest was about 28% APR so I always paid it off before the end of the month - it was a useful thing to have because the local ATM where I was working in Dublin didn't accept my bank debit card (this was in the days before 'Link'. 

Not had one for the last 20 years.

After reading this latest statement from Q, I’m resigning myself to starting the season still in administration.

Also finding it difficult to see anything but a -15 point deduction when a deal is finally done. To be honest, that seems the least of our worries.

I’m not usually maudlin but blimey, I keep thinking it can’t get any worse, then it does.

i will still buy my season ticket, even if we’re in administration at the time. I can’t wait to buy it. 

“ Before a sale is finalised, there is an immediate requirement to secure the short-term future of the club, to allow players to be signed, issue season tickets for sale and to secure commercial agreements, as well as our best intentions to bring the uncertainty for staff and supporters to an end as soon as possible.”

……………..

It’s been a long day and fatigue has set in but I’m confused by this part of Q’s statement.If they “ secure the short-term future of the club” via another loan or a player sale,who actually then authorises the signing of players or the issue of season tickets if a new owner isn’t actually in place? Is that onus on Q ?

3 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Not that good Roy, I've £400 waiting for a season ticket, If still in admin when the season kicks off...it may just stay in the bank, And I wont be the only one☹️

If we are still in Administration by the next couple of weeks, Q would have to have proof of funding the club for the season. Also the EFL would have to remove the transfer embargo, let us sign on players and sell season tickets. These obstacles would hold up the club in any form of progress if the EFL kepted on. This would also stop prospective buyers making any moves in taking on the club.

The big picture is, Mel put us in this s***. EFL, Steve Gibson and the Gobby Yank at Wycombe put the spanners in the works. Quantuma (picked by Mel) have been very slow in addressing the obstacles. If it was'nt for the fans making protests and contacting local MP's, I'm sure the EFL and Q would be still dragging their feet.

4 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I had one - once.

I was monitoring and administering the direct mail marketing campaigns for MBNA when they were bringing out their 'platinum' card at the start of the 1990's. I was offered one (probably as a sweetener for the number of hours of overtime I was putting in on the project) and accepted. Interest was about 28% APR so I always paid it off before the end of the month - it was a useful thing to have because the local ATM where I was working in Dublin didn't accept my bank debit card (this was in the days before 'Link'. 

Not had one for the last 20 years.

Like yourself I was around during the tougher times of the 80s, Out of work for 3.5 years, A wife and 2 kids and on the dole, Begged, Borrowed and stole to put food on the table, Thatcher taught me one thing...never spend what you aint got.

6 minutes ago, Nishfan said:

I’m not usually maudlin but blimey, I keep thinking it can’t get any worse, then it does.

i will still buy my season ticket, even if we’re in administration at the time. I can’t wait to buy it. 

Would you be allowed to buy a season ticket if the club is still in administration?

17 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Reading that statement is depressing. Unless new bidders are actually in from before Kirchner then they've got to increase their offers to satisfy the EFL and exit administration. Despite their 'positivity' this hardly reads as positive news but the beginning of a protracted period where we'll likely be starting the season without an owner. 

Agree - I think its really terrible. All the rumours of bids, joint bids, etc since CK pulled out - they still have nothing that satisfies 1) or 2). So has Abbleby's gang not bid £50m then  - what is all that about? Its all just media garbage and game playing. 

1 minute ago, nogbad van 50 said:

“ Before a sale is finalised, there is an immediate requirement to secure the short-term future of the club, to allow players to be signed, issue season tickets for sale and to secure commercial agreements, as well as our best intentions to bring the uncertainty for staff and supporters to an end as soon as possible.”

……………..

It’s been a long day and fatigue has set in but I’m confused by this part of Q’s statement.If they “ secure the short-term future of the club” via another loan or a player sale,who actually then authorises the signing of players or the issue of season tickets if a new owner isn’t actually in place? Is that onus on Q ?

I think there is a fear to put season tickets on sale at the moment from Q, in case the league don't allow us to participate next season. The longer we go without season tickets on sale, the more precarious our situation becomes as it becomes easier for the league to not allow us to start the season. 

The administrators haven't exactly given confidence on their ability to put them on sale either. I also feel like there will be a situation this week where the league produce two sets of fixtures - one with Derby County and one without. Again, putting ourselves in a much more worrying, precarious situation. I just don't think they have an alternative as it stands.  

5 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

If we are still in Administration by the next couple of weeks, Q would have to have proof of funding the club for the season. Also the EFL would have to remove the transfer embargo, let us sign on players and sell season tickets. These obstacles would hold up the club in any form of progress if the EFL kepted on. This would also stop prospective buyers making any moves in taking on the club.

I don't know how it all works Plymouth, ST money?, Funding for the season?, Buying players?, Keeping staff at work? More loans to pay.

It's a god damn $hit show that's for sure

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I think there is a fear to put season tickets on sale at the moment from Q, in case the league don't allow us to participate next season. The longer we go without season tickets on sale, the more precarious our situation becomes as it becomes easier for the league to not allow us to start the season. 

The administrators haven't exactly given confidence on their ability to put them on sale either. I also feel like there will be a situation this week where the league produce two sets of fixtures - one with Derby County and one without. Again, putting ourselves in a much more worrying, precarious situation. I just don't think they have an alternative as it stands.  

Isn't that from pressure from credit card companies though? Under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act.

If season tickets are going to be paid on a credit card and there's a likelihood that the goods won't be received if we don't last the season then the credit card issuers will be liable to refund the person's buying the season tickets and they'll be out of pocket. 

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

I think, just my opinion only, that if the administrators can't provide proof of funding to see us through the season or at the very least can confirm that the negotiations will ensure funding will be in place at the start of the season then the EFL will take the step very soon none of us want to see. They are not going to produce a fixture list  then have to start all over again. 

9 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Agree - I think its really terrible. All the rumours of bids, joint bids, etc since CK pulled out - they still have nothing that satisfies 1) or 2). So has Abbleby's gang not bid £50m then  - what is all that about? Its all just media garbage and game playing. 

Could it be Quantuma playing a dangerous and desperate game of putting false information in the public domain to try and panic other would be buyers to up their bids