The Administration Thread

Boycie

5 hours ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

And Seaman Staines, a strange choice of character names for a children's program

Sadly an urban myth. Mind you I’m reading a book at the moment, with a character in it called called Buck Foi

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Was thinking of the bits that have to be paid rather than the add ons.  I suspect that we will be loaning Bielik out to release wages and probably a loan fee to cover this years charge.  Or use the Knight fee-  we know he's off- to cover the bit that needs to be paid.

So can derby demand a loan fee of around 9m maybe.

1 hour ago, Mckram said:

I think that’s the one thing we still have going for us, so I’d be gutted if we did that.

Also in terms of P&S rules I’m sure the academy doesn’t count towards it, so if we got say Mike Ashley as owner and he was happy to fund the academy then I hope he does. Only got to look at the players who have come through in the last few years and the transfer fees we should have had from them. 

No P&S in League 1

2 hours ago, Oldben said:

Hasn't Q failed in terms of not giving the fans enough information and I've not seen any information from them to the fans about the process.

Not at all, they legally don't have to divulge any information to us, the process doesn't concern the fans or give us any entitlement what is going on. Only creditors can ask such questions and then will only be on a need to know basis.  

13 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

So can derby demand a loan fee of around 9m maybe.

Nah. If they get 2 million for the year to cover the Arsenal payment they'll be ding well. A million on wages and some change .  If they get offered 2-3 mill for a sale they'll take it.  Clears Arsenal liability and no risk of having an injured player for another two years in League 1 hammering FFP on a free transfer and sucking up the wage of 3 players. 

4 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Nah. If they get 2 million for the year to cover the Arsenal payment they'll be ding well. A million on wages and some change .  If they get offered 2-3 mill for a sale they'll take it.  Clears Arsenal liability and no risk of having an injured player for another two years in League 1 hammering FFP on a free transfer and sucking up the wage of 3 players. 

Well I just thinking If it was 9m that would pay arsenal back and that would be him paid for then.

38 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Isn't one of the conditions to exit administration that football creditors have to be paid in full up front.

I don’t think there’s any connection between exiting administration and the football creditors rule. In the same way that we can exit administration whilst paying unsecureds less than 25% 

19 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

The actual standard fee was 7.5 mate over 5 years.  We probably still owe around 3.

We owe £8.3m for player registrations, so who is the other £5.3m for?

Not sure why you have corrected @B4ev6ison the transfer fee as you probably have no more reliable information on it than he does.

2 hours ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

Thanks for posting @RoyMac5.  What’s striking about this is that Appleby and Co totally rebuilt us with careful management over 6 years.  After throwing everything at trying to stay in the PL they became more prudent, trimmed the wage bill and looked for bargains in the transfer market.  Then, bringing in Mac who let the shackles off we got to Wembley in 2014.  In the same period from 2015 MM blew a load of cash when it needed evolution not revolution and we ended up in administration.

Personally, I’d take 6 years of a careful and steady rebuild.  Play the long game.

Totally agree.  However, the thing with football, and you see it with this site is the illogical hope and yearning for more than is reasonable.  Looking oblivion in the face, the question is promotional pushes and avoiding 15 point penalties.

Fans love those who spend too much until it runs out.  Fans are less keep on the prudent types. And football is rarely a profitable business, so those who run it don't want to buy mid table mediocrity. They want to spend spend spend, and few want that spending on their account - they can borrow the future for that.

I hope the bottom paragraph is the next six years. 

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Not sure why you have corrected @B4ev6ison the transfer fee as you probably have no more reliable information on it than he does.

Potentially owed. That figure would have included promotion clauses (possibly also appearance based clauses and similar) on the likes of Bielik, Lawrence and Jozwiak.

3 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

He'll get jack s*** if he does.  Last chance saloon.

Eloquently put.

There is no money in a football stadium that cannot be used for football.  What would go there?  - a hotel?  Derby has all the chains.  Restaurants?  Plenty of those around, and less footfall due to no football.  Business premises - lots of that around, but it isn't the most expensive of real estate anyway, I believe.  Residential?  Yes, but not worth worth £20m +.  And then you need to get the Council to approve demolition.  

DCFC is realistically the only owner/user.  MM has to sell or he has to lease.  He wants to get as much of the debt on the Stadium off his back.  The Stadium is where you can make swinging reductions in how much you pay.

15 hours ago, Red Ram said:

Exactly my concern Stiv. Just don't see how it can happen in time now. You couldn't buy a house in these timescales let alone a football club, especially one where the ownership structure of the various constituent parts is so complex and fragmented. Obviously very much hope we're both wrong but am fearing the worst more now than at any other point in this debacle.

You can sell a house in a day.  You can sell anything you like pretty much as quickly as you want. 

But with speed comes a price reduction.  

25 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm not correcting him. I'm trying to stop him worrying.  We don't owe 9 million .  7.5 mas made clear as guaranteed fee at time of purchase. The rest was add ons. As the fee we paid recently was 1.5 you would assume it's 1.5 per season.  We still owe Lech 2.5 for Jozwiak.  Probably still owe Cocu some. If we still owe 3 million on Bielik plus another 2.5 as possible plus Joziak that's 8 there. 

1 hour ago, Mckram said:

Even more reason to keep it then.

Now you mention it, it’s something like wage bill being a % of turnover isn’t it? 

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/scmp.php#:~:text=Clubs in the League 1,%2C the limit is 55%.

Clubs in the League 1 and League 2 operate within a Spending Constraint framework termed Salary Cost Management Protocol (SMCP). SCMP limits spending on player wages to a percentage of club Turnover. In League 1 clubs can spend a maximum of 60% of their turnover on wages