The Administration Thread

Boycie

I said previously that this season could go from the very depressing to the very best and everything in between. Unless one of the bidders pulls their finger out in the next 2 weeks I'd say we'll have to settle for depressing end of the spectrum.

Rooney could easily go, we're not going to have a competent squad and more than likely we'll have -15 to contend with. Then it'll all be about the League 2 campaign the season afterwards. Its better than liquidation but it a sobering thought especially when you look back at the many play off campaigns.  

42 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Interesting bit at 2:40s, Dawes talking about 'blame' (in the list) says there was a group in April that approached CK and got him back to the table'. He doesn't say who they are.

My absolute guess.

Perhaps the group have recently asked one of their members to leave, I stuck up for that person, but I wonder if he was instrumental in CK coming back to the club.

48 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I would have thought we need to able to show the EFL that we have finance for the season ahead  in order for us to be included in the fixture list for next season. I cant see where this is coming from until the club is sold. In my opinion this has to come to a conclusion, one way or another, before next Wednesday 22nd absolute latest.

Rob Dorestt said there are local businessmen that are willing to fund until taken over. They and the administrators can explain that to the EFL and we will start the season, almost certainly now in administration 

1 minute ago, DerbyRevolution said:

Rob Dorestt said there are local businessmen that are willing to fund until taken over. They and the administrators can explain that to the EFL and we will start the season, almost certainly now in administration 

He will say that because him and Nixon come on here as a source of what to report.

Just now, Ramos said:

but the fact it’s heavily rumoured he hasn’t paid his own employees

That *shouldn't* have anything to do with Kirchner's personal wealth though.  AFAIK, Slync.io are a publicly-traded company, that's had several rounds of venture capital funding - they should definitely not be dependant on their CEO putting money in himself to meet payroll.

3 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

I said previously that this season could go from the very depressing to the very best and everything in between. Unless one of the bidders pulls their finger out in the next 2 weeks I'd say we'll have to settle for depressing end of the spectrum.

Rooney could easily go, we're not going to have a competent squad and more than likely we'll have -15 to contend with. Then it'll all be about the League 2 campaign the season afterwards. Its better than liquidation but it a sobering thought especially when you look back at the many play off campaigns.  

I don't understand why prospective owners can't just pay the required amount to avoid a points deduction. You're effectively coming into the club and accepting relegation to League two. It just doesn't sit right with me. There must be someone who can get us out of this.

1 minute ago, Rammy03 said:

I don't understand why prospective owners can't just pay the required amount to avoid a points deduction. You're effectively coming into the club and accepting relegation to League two. It just doesn't sit right with me. There must be someone who can get us out of this.

Totally agree, just pay the money, assemble a good squad and back the lads to get us back to the championship. Its not like the people looking at buying us only have £30m wealth and nothing else. They're worth 100's of millions. Either you're serious about buying us and saving the club or you're not. 

2 hours ago, NottmRAM said:

Surely, if it IS MA, and he only pays the least amount possible (which would mean a 15 point deduction), he must realise that he would alienate a large part of the fanbase. So much so that attendance could drop by more than a third.

He would be the hated owner from day one! I would imagine the manager, coaches, and players would feel some resentment towards him also.

But, if his bid was enough to start next season on 0 points, He would be hailed as a hero.

Hated? If he saves derby at this point whether minus 15 or minus 30 ,he saves the club and it lives to fight another day ,

it’s easy to be Johnny big spuds and talk about paying enough to stop the points deductions, keep Rooney and players and buy new ones for a promotion tilt next season if you don’t actually have the money or have the money but can’t or won’t complete the purchase ,

people need to get real , that wrong un Morris has stuffed us and that idiot ck has filled some fans heads with pie in the sky fantasies 

This is like waking up on Christmas morning and being told that actually no, Santa hasn’t been, he’s now coming imminently, or perhaps even in a few weeks. Rinse and repeat, every morning, until we get to the middle of June, and then suddenly we’re told that the Action Man you were expecting is now probably going to be a GI Jane, but that there’s also the possibility that you might not get anything because Santa’s been fitted up as a nonce and he might be going to prison instead.

All of the while, the man on the telly/in the paper is continually telling us what method of transportation Santa will be using and whether or not we can expect Action Man to be delivered in a British Commando or SS Stormtrooper uniform.

6 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Unfortunately the person who would be most capable of doing exactly that is the one least willing to do exactly that.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

10 minutes ago, Ramos said:

I have no idea - but the fact it’s heavily rumoured he hasn’t paid his own employees, he used bank holidays as excuses, disappeared off social media as soon as it got to the fact the money wasn’t appearing among a ton of other things. Including the EFL and Q not exactly having the most concreate reputations for being thorough (see the Portsmouth article about one of the lead men at Q trying to sell a reporter to Blackpool when they were doing the Portsmouth admin) and I think it makes me question whether those proof of funds were really proof at all. I just don’t have a lot of confidence of any one in this process. 

All of this is still consistent with him having money but that his accounts are being frozen pending investigation… due to his profits having come from bitcoin.  That could be something or nothing but either way we certainly don’t need that and have to move On.

Just now, StaffsRam said:

This is like waking up on Christmas morning and being told that actually no, Santa hasn’t been, he’s now coming imminently, or perhaps even in a few weeks. Rinse and repeat, every morning, until we get to the middle of June, and then suddenly we’re told that the Action Man you were expecting is now probably going to be a GI Jane, but that there’s also the possibility that you might not get anything because Santa’s been fitted up as a nonce and he might be going to prison instead.

All of the while, the man on the telly/in the paper is continually telling us what method of transportation Santa will be using and whether or not we can expect Action Man to be delivered in a British Commando or SS Stormtrooper uniform.

Or an empty box labelled as an Action Man deserter.

8 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Mel Morris has created this situation. Who wants to pay millions and millions of someone else’s debt? The club is virtually unsellable because of this 

7 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

It is obvious that the prospective buyer is only in it for the business and Money.

Buy as cheap as possible (even if that means a points deduction) best scenario we stay in league 1 worst we go down.

The owner then builds the team slowly with a view to the long term.

If he is successful and gets back to the Championship or heaven forbid the prem, then he sells at a massive profit.

Not rocket science really.

Buy cheap and if it all goes t1ts up he loses minimum.

Just catching up with the locked updates thread from 28th May. That was a depressing experience.

it’s all very close, just that no one thought about the bank holidays, but we’re basically there now guys, to silence, to CK has pulled out of the deal, within a few days. 

how can something be that close, that everyone seemed to be so sure it was all but done, suddenly collapse like that?

we were all incredibly wary before, and certainly in a position where we weren’t going to trust anything til we were officially out of admin, but now… fool me once, twice, three times, four times, how many times are we going to be fooled?!

id almost rather not have any updates at this point cos it all just gives false hope. I’m now in a position of just assuming a worst case scenario, and anything better than that is a bonus. 

13 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

He will say that because him and Nixon come on here as a source of what to report.

sorry im not quite sure what you mean? rob dorsett says there are local businessmen willing to fund us because he comes on dcfcfans forum? has that been stated on here before he said it ?

4 minutes ago, Archied said:

Hated? If he saves derby at this point whether minus 15 or minus 30 ,he saves the club and it lives to fight another day ,

it’s easy to be Johnny big spuds and talk about paying enough to stop the points deductions, keep Rooney and players and buy new ones for a promotion tilt next season if you don’t actually have the money or have the money but can’t or won’t complete the purchase ,

people need to get real , that wrong un Morris has stuffed us and that idiot ck has filled some fans heads with pie in the sky fantasies 

If you think starting the season in league one with a squad of free agents is pie in the sky fantasy, please list all the parties you will be attending this year and I will make sure I have other plans.

I wish people would stop being so cynical and pessimistic.