The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

Rough reading. 

Other clubs are pushing for us to be liquidated, according to Nixon. 

It would be great to get some names. 

Maybe Oldham Athletic, second bottom of L2, might not go out of the EFL after all...

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Not such a bad thing IMO. The business plan won't be anything too strict.

It's the same thing. Split between the original loan (£20.5m and the additional loan in November of £3.5m). £20.5m to MSD to buy the stadium. £3.5m directly to MSD to clear the loan.

I would be interested to see how you have come to the conclusion the business plan won't be anything too strict.

We will have been under a fairly robust business plan if CK gets the club.

If MA or any other bidder doesn't offer the minimum to avoid a points deduction then the business plan gets tighter, very clear in the EFL rules.

If you are thinking along the lines of how much we can spend in relation to L1 clubs the business plan supersedes that. 

1 hour ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Ah, a true skinflint!

Unfortunately your order from the cheaper and less reputable website has got lost in the post and it's the last copy they had in stock, so now you've got to file an official complaint with Royal Mail. Anyone who's had to do that will probably tell you, it can be a bit of a  nightmare.

After the rigmarole of filing the complaint they get back to you: their system says the parcel was delivered so that's that, they have no means to reimburse you for your purchase, the company you bought the game from can't replace the item and can't give you a refund either.

That's £67 you'll never see again! Should probably have paid £3 extra for tracked delivery to ensure that you got what you wanted.

You're forgetting one thing, I did it on PayPal credit card so have done a chargeback and got my £67 back. 

I'm Mike Ashley and collect my 'cheap' football club now ?

1 hour ago, Animal is a Ram said:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/derby-under-from-67711300 - per @RoyMac5's post

Key points:

Clubs want Derby out if buyer not found - hence the EFL saying they're getting involved
Trevor Birch was due to meet, but called it off after it was leaked
Derby won't be offered a place in L2 if it fails
CK said money will be there TODAY (Monday) "one way or another" - he's back in US to finalise his plan B while the initial money clears AML

Oh dear Ashleys mate not going now his "visit" was leaked.

13 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

I would be interested to see how you have come to the conclusion the business plan won't be anything too strict.

We will have been under a fairly robust business plan if CK gets the club.

If MA or any other bidder doesn't offer the minimum to avoid a points deduction then the business plan gets tighter, very clear in the EFL rules.

If you are thinking along the lines of how much we can spend in relation to L1 clubs the business plan supersedes that. 

The business plan will allow us to offer almost double the wages we were able to offer last season AND we'll be allowed to pay fees for players.

55 minutes ago, Mihangel said:

Probably how we've engineered a situation where we've got no players, have been relegated, on the cusp of going out of business. You can see their point, they've all been hard done by and we've been shown such favouritism.

Yup, we've benefited soooo much from our flagrant flouting of player amortisation. (An offence that isn't even an offence in standard accounting).

The Parachute payments of the Premier League are not one bit unfair at all. A real level playing field.

The EFL have been so fair over all of this too. Not influenced by other Championship chairman one bit.

And the Administrators appointed by our unfairly-maligned former chairman have done such a good job.

Covid wasn't really an issue either, was it? Just a hollow excuse.

The other 71 clubs are complete right. We are being shown extreme favouritism. Our situation is similar to Bury and we should be treated exactly the same as them. It's "the clubs" fault we're in this mess and the players, staff and fans need to pay the price and suffer. 100%.

Edited by Sheff Ram
Typo

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

The business plan will allow us to offer almost double the wages we were able to offer last season AND we'll be allowed to pay fees for players.

Sorry,but how do you know that? just asking,not being confrontational. If a bidder can't offer enough to avoid a 15 point deduction there is no way the EFL will allow us to offer higher wages than last year. It is all in the rules.

23 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

You're forgetting one thing, I did it on PayPal credit card so have done a chargeback and got my £67 back. 

I'm Mike Ashley and collect my 'cheap' football club now ?

Touche! ?

The game is now sold out everywhere else though, it was a limited edition. If you want a copy now you're going to have to go to the scalpers on ebay listing them at £300 a pop.

Your Mike Ashley and you've just lost the opportunity to buy your 'cheap' football club. Hopefully that's what happens in the real world too and someone else pips him to the post.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

4 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Sorry,but how do you know that? just asking,not being confrontational. If a bidder can't offer enough to avoid a 15 point deduction there is no way the EFL will allow us to offer higher wages than last year. It is all in the rules.

I'm confident we will be exiting administration without a 15 point deduction. The evidence available suggests the restrictions will be as I suggest.