The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Spot on mate. I might be a bit old school but all the stuff on twitter, parading at PP, his bird getting involved with Forest fans on twitter when they got promotted allegedly (i dont do twitter, @RoyMac5 is my goto man on here ?) did not impress me.If he'd done his business quietly, discretly like a Swiss banker that would have given me more confidence in the bloke running our club. And Swiss bankers have money.

Didn't this all start when Mel tried to sell the club to a Swiss banker who couldn't complete the deal and got arrested?

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

No one with a logical thought process is going to pay up front for a season ticket for a football season of a club in administration and not one being messed about as badly as we have - well I wouldn’t anyway, buy a match ticket yes but no way a season ticket currently 

I totally get that.

52 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

But it's the EFL saying we cannot sell season tickets. So how are we supposed to show we can trade through the year without any season ticket money? 

I have no idea, but I guess there are more sound reasons than a vindictive vendetta.

The bottom line is that the club urgently needs a cash injection to allow continued EFL membership. That then buys time for another takeover bid.

I just can't see another takeover bid being completed in time to avoid the requirement for proof of funds.

My head hurts trying to second guess what's going to happen next and what's the solution.

God only knows how you lot with deeper emotional involvement than I have feel.

I'm hurting for you all ❤

1 minute ago, BuckoBeast said:

Saw bit on FB

EA8BC57F-89F0-455D-9A49-65BF44C005BB.png

They've paraphrased Nixon (well or maybe Thicko!) think the 5pm only relates to CKs deadline.

edit: Actually I'm sure later on Nixon said there wouldn't be another PB just whoever got the money in. Which is odd because what if the new buyer wanted to pay 25% straight out?

Edited by RoyMac5

8 hours ago, maxjam said:

Likewise.

My Dad is a Derby fan, his Dad was a Derby fan.  Other than for football I haven't been into Derby for 20+ years.

Its the shirt, the badge, the history or nothing. 

I don't think its gonna come to that, but I'm a glass half full kinda guy. 

To coin a phrase, 'we're in the endgame now'.

Yeh exactly the same. Ive got so many memories with Derby County and i wouldnt be interested in starting from fresh with a completely new club.

Even if there is a phoenix club that spends 10 years working its way up the leagues again there is precisely nothing to stop another clown of an owner from doing exactly the same thing and destroying us again. Then you have to start from square one again.

29 minutes ago, w8sey said:

I'm genuinely supprised Rooney hasn't walked yet.  

Hes put up with more than what most managers put up with in an entire career already. It's obvious he has ambitions of being a successful manager and at the moment he hasn't got the tools to enable him to do that. 

For me Q shouldn't be paid for the "work" they have done up until this point. It's been a complete shambles. 

Kirchner now has to be put on the Bamford list for me. 

Let's hope one of the other interested parties can take over ASAP.

He cannot , has a year left on his contract so cannot even officially talk to another club without permission and even Q won't let one of the jewels in their selling crown walk away

The only slight positive with all of this potential Quantuma incompetence (rather than any owner of Derby) is that I believe it makes it very difficult for the EFL to take further  swift punitive action against Derby.

I say this because for then to take action such as attempting to chuck us out of the league would bring huge political repercussions for them and probably swiftly speed up the demise of that organisation and football governing bodies in general.

I think that the EFL will ‘huff and puff’ a bit but give us the chance to get a deal over the line.

Also, FWIW, I’m not buying any of this about CK sending funds etc that have been caught up somewhere with the ‘laundering police’ checking them. I mean, the blokes allegedly running a international logistics business- I can’t think of anyone less likely to have been put in this situation.

In my view, he’s got cold feet. Hence, why he’s gone quiet. If that wasn’t the case, I’m sure he’d have no issue with talking a bit more with the fans about what’s going on.

14 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Yeh exactly the same. Ive got so many memories with Derby County and i wouldnt be interested in starting from fresh with a completely new club.

Even if there is a phoenix club that spends 10 years working its way up the leagues again there is precisely nothing to stop another clown of an owner from doing exactly the same thing and destroying us again. Then you have to start from square one again.

Same here. DCFC or nothing

44 minutes ago, w8sey said:

Hes put up with more than what most managers put up with in an entire career already. It's obvious he has ambitions of being a successful manager and at the moment he hasn't got the tools to enable him to do that. 

For me Q shouldn't be paid for the "work" they have done up until this point. It's been a complete shambles. 

Maybe Rooney isn’t walking because Kirchner’s deal isn’t dead yet?

Its collapsed, in a very traditional business sense because he’s lost exclusivity, a bit of face and strength, but he’s still in the driving seat as we speak.

44 minutes ago, w8sey said:

Yes i think you are correct about Q,lining there own pockets and not doing there jobs properly how can they give exclusivity to someone who had no chance of getting the deal over the line,even if KC comes back to the table now i very much doubt he as anywhere near the funds its going to take to build a team to make us competitive let alone promotion quality

If you believe MA  representative he as already said he would not pay Q crazy fees and this is why he is not sat round the table with them,this could of been done months ago had he of been.MA is not every ones cup of tea for sure but its better than oblivion and may be our only option soon

Pre season training starts two weeks on Monday that will be interesting given the amount of players we have

6 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Maybe Rooney isn’t walking because Kirchner’s deal isn’t dead yet?

Its collapsed, in a very traditional business sense because he’s lost exclusivity, a bit of face and strength, but he’s still in the driving seat as we speak.

Or maybe because he said he'd stay this season (depending on his player budget)?

13 hours ago, Boycie said:

Q are the only ones who know the  facts, anyone else are speculating either for clicks, or notoriety.  The prospective buyers will know their own position but will be sending out non truths to the press or supporter groups to gain a momentum with the staff and fans.

so what I meant to sum up with is if we are relying on Q then it’s a frustrating time still.

My point is people keep quoting things as facts and they have absolutely no knowledge if they are true or not.

Specifically about MA the only facts we surely know to be true are he was interested at one point as his spokesperson announced it, he has the money and has a record of buying “distressed” companies.

There are negative comments about his potential ownership based on the fact he won’t pay enough to avoid a further points deduction which might not even be true. Don’t get me wrong it’s not that I have a firm preference but I wouldn’t want to rule anyone out.

1 hour ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Yes spoke to him last night, I received a quick call from him yesterday afternoon saying Steve Morgan will be DCFCs new owner, It was last nights call that I was told that Steve Morgan was expected to be the new owner at Friday at 5pm

Not doubting what you say but I'm afraid this does not add up.

CKs period of exclusivity ran until 5pm yesterday and therefore the administrators would not have been speaking to anyone else.

What you friend is saying that the moment CKs exclusivity expired Morgan was going to buy the club there and then.

May happen in the future but the story is clearly incorrect.